Bloodstained Lunatic Noble Mask

Lahmia.2193

I would say this is a major letdown, but that would be an understatement after getting all hyped about the teaser pic. I do really hope they unlock this for light armor, I just can't understand how this would not be available to necromancers. This mask would fit the theme of the class perfectly. Usually I'm not that upset about skins, but this actually made me go to the forum and write a reply for the 1st time. On the plus side, by being so frustrated with this issue, I do not find the time to be sad about that odd scourge nerf. Great day for necros today...

I too was very disappointed. I wanted it for my Necromancer also! I am hoping they unlock it across all armor weights. I was so excited at the preview picture and extremely saddened when I discovered none of my characters for that weight match really. My Necromancer is the one I wanted the vampiric theme for :( But maybe the Devs will see feedback and possibly come up with something. The entire outfit looks amazing for Necro, so I would at least love the helm and chest piece being unlocked for all since it was the only weight class that got two. To me, the Light armor looks like Medium and the Medium looks like Light...

> @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> How do you get that one, anyway?

Choose the Medium hat from the relevant achieve box, or craft the medium hat. The bloodstained version unlocks in addition to the plain one without making a physical item. (Same with the medium coat and its bloodstained cravat version).

> @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> Are you all forgetting about the demon eyes which already turn your eyes black? Medium armor had nothing like that which is why they gave it it medium instead.

We're talking about the bloodstained version, though. The blood around the mouth is the part I want (and the part I assume others in this thread want), not just the black eyes.

> > @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > Are you all forgetting about the demon eyes which already turn your eyes black? Medium armor had nothing like that which is why they gave it it medium instead.

>

> We're talking about the bloodstained version, though. The blood around the mouth is the part I want (and the part I assume others in this thread want), not just the black eyes.

Indeed. The eyes I could do with or without, I don't mind. But the bloody mouth and jaw are perfect for my necromancer (who even has vampire in her name).

> > Are you all forgetting about the demon eyes which already turn your eyes black? Medium armor had nothing like that which is why they gave it it medium instead.

>

> We're talking about the bloodstained version, though. The blood around the mouth is the part I want (and the part I assume others in this thread want), not just the black eyes.

I know which version, but both the normal and bloodstain are a combo deal. Honestly, I think it should stay with the medium to make the eye bit even with light. Yes, I know the blood is the main reason, but it goes with the eyes. Kind of inseparable.

> > @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > > @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > > Are you all forgetting about the demon eyes which already turn your eyes black? Medium armor had nothing like that which is why they gave it it medium instead.

> >

> > We're talking about the bloodstained version, though. The blood around the mouth is the part I want (and the part I assume others in this thread want), not just the black eyes.

>

> I know which version, but both the normal and bloodstain are a combo deal. Honestly, I think it should stay with the medium to make the eye bit even with light. Yes, I know the blood is the main reason, but it goes with the eyes. Kind of inseparable.

Is there any actual reasoning behind this thought, other than it would take developer effort in doing so? As others have said, they too want helm skins (the light one in particular) on their own armour class. It would seem fair to share them about rather than restrict them.

>

I wan't both versions. Black eyes with colored iris and black eyes + colored iris with bloodstains.

Also @"Doctor Hide.6345" If you're talking about the lvl 1 Necromancer Demon Masque helm, the black eyes with colored iris only applies to Norn. The Demon Masque appears differently on all races.

> @Lahmia.2193 said:

> > > @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > > > @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > > > Are you all forgetting about the demon eyes which already turn your eyes black? Medium armor had nothing like that which is why they gave it it medium instead.

> > >

> > > We're talking about the bloodstained version, though. The blood around the mouth is the part I want (and the part I assume others in this thread want), not just the black eyes.

> >

> > I know which version, but both the normal and bloodstain are a combo deal. Honestly, I think it should stay with the medium to make the eye bit even with light. Yes, I know the blood is the main reason, but it goes with the eyes. Kind of inseparable.

>

> Is there any actual reasoning behind this thought, other than it would take developer effort in doing so? As others have said, they too want helm skins (the light one in particular) on their own armour class. It would seem fair to share them about rather than restrict them.

The reasoning is if they open up this one; A-net will will have to open the ghost/demon eyes(all eyes really for light) for everyone to make it fair across the board. So for me, it is either all doors open, or they remain shut. Can't have others getting the blood making the balance even worse when medium gets nothing in return.

> @Ravij.9856 said:

> > @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > > Are you all forgetting about the demon eyes which already turn your eyes black? Medium armor had nothing like that which is why they gave it it medium instead.

> >

> > We're talking about the bloodstained version, though. The blood around the mouth is the part I want (and the part I assume others in this thread want), not just the black eyes.

>

> I wan't both versions. Black eyes with colored iris and black eyes + colored iris with bloodstains.

>

> Also @"Doctor Hide.6345" If you're talking about the lvl 1 Necromancer Demon Masque helm, the black eyes with colored iris only applies to Norn. The Demon Masque appears differently on all races.

Good to know on that, but I was more thinking wraith masque. Don't know why I always want to call it demon. The point is light gets more eye masks then any other gear class. I counted 3 besides the new ones for medium which is available to all gear types.

> > @Lahmia.2193 said:

> > > > @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > > > > @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > > > > Are you all forgetting about the demon eyes which already turn your eyes black? Medium armor had nothing like that which is why they gave it it medium instead.

> > > >

> > > > We're talking about the bloodstained version, though. The blood around the mouth is the part I want (and the part I assume others in this thread want), not just the black eyes.

> > >

> > > I know which version, but both the normal and bloodstain are a combo deal. Honestly, I think it should stay with the medium to make the eye bit even with light. Yes, I know the blood is the main reason, but it goes with the eyes. Kind of inseparable.

> >

> > Is there any actual reasoning behind this thought, other than it would take developer effort in doing so? As others have said, they too want helm skins (the light one in particular) on their own armour class. It would seem fair to share them about rather than restrict them.

>

> The reasoning is if they open up this one; A-net will will have to open the ghost/demon eyes(all eyes really for light) for everyone to make it fair across the board. So for me, it is either all doors open, or they remain shut. Can't have others getting the blood making the balance even worse when medium gets nothing in return.

Medium isnt a person who needs to get something in return. It is a category of classes available to all players, just as is light. We all have access to light so extending this head piece to this weight class would give all players more options.

That said, I (as someone whose main is a Ranger) would love to see the light option available for medium characters.

> > @Ravij.9856 said:

> > > @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > > > @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > > > Are you all forgetting about the demon eyes which already turn your eyes black? Medium armor had nothing like that which is why they gave it it medium instead.

> > >

> > > We're talking about the bloodstained version, though. The blood around the mouth is the part I want (and the part I assume others in this thread want), not just the black eyes.

> >

> > I wan't both versions. Black eyes with colored iris and black eyes + colored iris with bloodstains.

> >

> > Also @"Doctor Hide.6345" If you're talking about the lvl 1 Necromancer Demon Masque helm, the black eyes with colored iris only applies to Norn. The Demon Masque appears differently on all races.

>

> Good to know on that, but I was more thinking wraith masque. Don't know why I always want to call it demon. The point is light gets more eye masks then any other gear class. I counted 3 besides the new ones for medium which is available to all gear types.

Wraith Masque turns the eyes completely white, not black. The Lunatic Medium head armor turns the eyes black with the color of the eyes you chose for your character visible.

This also isn't a request for just a light armor version but for Heavy armor version too. In fact people are now suggesting all three helm types be unrestricted to armor type.