Question for you revenants about lore related and class related

Axl.8924

If you guys can summon dead heroes from the mist, and practically anyone how come you don't have much pets as far as i can see when it comes to summoning stuff?

And does this summoning hero have to do wif not filling people with energy of fallen heroes?

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> If you guys can summon dead heroes from the mist, and practically anyone how come you don't have much pets as far as i can see when it comes to summoning stuff?

>

> And does this summoning hero have to do wif not filling people with energy of fallen heroes?

You don't so much as summon them as you channel them into yourself and imbue your ability with theirs, you use their knowledge and pair it with mist magic (Weapons) and use their skills (Utilities) Its more about basically becoming an avatar of sorts of them the embodiment of their essence and controlling it to work as you wish it too. Which is why some of them argue with you, they don't and may not like working with you such as shiro or mallyx but glint as an example enjoys pairing with you and as such is less hostile.

Its not a summoner, think of it more as a Stance dancer in terms of mechanics. For theme its much more akin to like a druid embodying their chosen god, a dervish taking on the avatar forms in guild wars 1 or maybe even a DH from WoW who absorbs their demon into themselves and then takes its form somewhat. Just its not as translated as well in guild wars 2 because they went the route of symbol above the head rather than physical metamorphosis or aura's. (So its like a shapeshifter without the shape-shifting.)

• 3 weeks later...

Well you summon some legends as is right? i mean you got stances named after famous people or stuff?

So if revenants are sort of like shamans can you slow enemies? also I'm kinda surprised you cannot summon a hero to fight for you like a phantom spirit or something.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> Well you summon some legends as is right? i mean you got stances named after famous people or stuff?

> So if revenants are sort of like shamans can you slow enemies? also I'm kinda surprised you cannot summon a hero to fight for you like a phantom spirit or something.

Rytlock lied to us. In reality He's nothing but a bipolar with schizophrenia. That's why He never explains anything about "revenants".