[Suggestion] Dragonrider Elite Specialization

JohnWater.5760

Dragonrider is based on the aurene champion (us), along with that idea I also added a Monk mix.

I wanted a land spear for this, but I don't think devs are planing to do that, so I used Staff for this.

The attacks will be like a spear and the weapon skin is a spear btw.

# Dragonrider Elite Specialization

_"Years studying the small species of dragons, they discovered that some warriors can form an alliance with them, so the little dragons share some of their power called Bravery with their champion, Thus, becoming a dragonrider.

Using no shields, equipped with a variety of area attacks and good at healing. The Dragonrider specialization will look to fight against dragons with dragon's power, with staves and glyphs now at hand."_

## _**Elite spec mechanic:**_

Dragon Force

At full adrenaline you can use one of the Bravery skills.

After using an Bravery Skill, activates an stance (aka dragon force) based on the used skill.

* F1 skill:

_Dragon's Flames -> Breathes dragon's flames at the target location and it weakens nearby enemies._

Draconic Force: Gain fury at every moment.

* F2 skill:

_Dragon's Roar -> Roar and heal nearby allies. Allies in the target area additionally gain protection and regeneration._

Harmonic Force: Heals allies at every moment.

## _**Weapon skills:**_

* Skill 1: Auto-Attack -> Up Slice>Whirl>Stab (gain quickness 1.5s)

* Skill 2: Wing Attack -> Jump at the target and stab the target. Applies bleeding. (Leap Finisher)

* Skill 3: Inner Power -> Channel the dragon magic to heal and remove condition from allies. (Blast Finisher)

* Skill 4: Tail Swipe -> Sweep the ground and cripple enemies in front of you.

* Skill 5: Celestial Flames -> Sweep the staff and unleash a fiery wall in front of you to ignite your enemies and burn projectiles.

## _**Traitline:**_

_**Minor:**_

* Gain access to glyphs. Change Burst skills into Bravery skills, you can use Bravery skills once you gain enough adrenaline.

* When you heal an ally, you are also healed.

* Burn enemies that you disable and your Bravery skills gain reduced recharge.

_**Adept:**_

* Bleeding you apply has a chance to cause burning.

* Gain increased concentration when wielding a staff. Gain bonus concentration based on a portion of your power and condition damage.

* When you begin reviving an ally, you gain an boons based on your Dragon Force. (Draconic: Retaliation/ Harmonic: Regeneration)

_**Major:**_

* Dragon's Flames gives might e do more damage.

* Glyphs gain reduced recharge and cast Lesser Dragon's Roar.

* Dragon's Roar has increased effects and additionally apply retaliation to allies.

_**Grandmaster:**_

* Deal extra damage to burning enemies. Draconic Force gains passive effect that burns enemies. (Burn foes every few attacks.)

* Bravery skills apply auras to nearby allies. Fire aura (Flames) and Light aura (Roar)

* When disabled cast Dragon Scales. Harmonic Force gains passive effect that heal you. (Regenerates health)

## _**Utility skills:**_

_**Healing**_

Draconic Force: _Greatly heal yourself, and gain retaliation. Gain adrenaline._

Harmonic Force: _Slightly heal yourself, while healing nearby allies for a great amount. Gain adrenaline if hit._

_**Utility 1**_

Draconic Force: _Pulls enemies toward you. Gain adrenaline if hit._

Harmonic Force: _Heal yourself and nearby allies, curing 2 conditions. Gain adrenaline if hit._

_**Utility 2**_

Draconic Force: _Feast on your conditions, gaining might for each one consumed. Gain adrenaline if converted._

Harmonic Force: _Share your boons with nearby allies. Gain adrenaline if hit._

_**Utility 3**_

Draconic Force: _Daze nearby foes. Gain adrenaline if hit._

Harmonic Force: _Protect allies with scale armor, gain protection and stability. Gain adrenaline if hit._

_**Utility 4**_

Draconic Force: _Cripple and Burn nearby foes. Gain adrenaline if hit._

Harmonic Force: _Gives might and Fury to nearby allies. Gain adrenaline if hit._

_**Elite**_

Draconic Force: _Summon a Dragon that gives might to allies and cripples foes when commanded. Gain adrenaline._

Harmonic Force: _Summon a Dragon that heals and cleanses nearby allies of conditions when commanded. Gain adrenaline._

I will leave it up to Anet to fill in the numbers to balancing it all out.

Any critics are welcome within reason, i want to tweak it to fit the game more but i do want to keep it in line of the concept.

This idea feels all over the place and lacks focus.

You have a power weapon but no traits to support power damage.

You have some traits that apply burn, but conditions don't really feel supported by any other part.

I feel like I'd need to run full celestial to make this idea somewhat work, but Celestial is just bad.

Unless all parts are over-tuned, like Firebrand, I don't see this one becoming viable.

At the very least, it needs more bleeding on the spear skills, to get more out of condition damage.

Change the third adept trait to something like "Bleeding you apply has a chance to cause burning", rather than critical strike.

Scrap utility #4 and make Dragonscale Armour a utility skill.

Scrap Celestial Flames and put that cleanse on the Superior Rune of the Dragonrider.

Add two more Spear skills onto the weapon. Maybe make #5 a disengaging jump.

I don't understand why you chose Glyphs for the Utility category though.

The point to Glyphs is that their effect varies, depending on the state of your character (Celestial Avatar and Attunements).

But there is no such application in this spec.

A new category would fit much better.

Also:

If this spec is themed around pumping out boons and healing, why is it themed around Skyscales, rather than Aurene?

Aurene, being the daughter of Glint, would fit much better, as Glint is _the_ boon-pumping Legend for Revenant.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> Just give it land spear. No staves please.

Sadly, staves are be the most likely way Arenanet will implement "land spears".

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> This idea feels all over the place and lacks focus.

> You have a power weapon but no traits to support power damage.

It's not a power weapon, it has only 1 damage skill.

> You have some traits that apply burn, but conditions don't really feel supported by any other part.

> I feel like I'd need to run full celestial to make this idea somewhat work, but Celestial is just bad.

> Unless all parts are over-tuned, like Firebrand, I don't see this one becoming viable.

>

I think I'm not good at this, if you want to suggest something.

If it's so bad, Anet could change it. I tried to put something like Renegade, can be Supportive or Offensive.

> At the very least, it needs more bleeding on the spear skills, to get more out of condition damage.

> Change the third adept trait to something like "Bleeding you apply has a chance to cause burning", rather than critical strike.

Nice point

> Scrap utility #4 and make Dragonscale Armour a utility skill.

> Scrap Celestial Flames and put that cleanse on the Superior Rune of the Dragonrider.

This staff stay with cleanse since Druid, Elementalist and Revenant has it, it isn't a problem. Again, this is not a power weapon, not even a power elite spec.

> Add two more Spear skills onto the weapon. Maybe make #5 a disengaging jump.

>

Skill #2 already is.

> I don't understand why you chose Glyphs for the Utility category though.

> The point to Glyphs is that their effect varies, depending on the state of your character (Celestial Avatar and Attunements).

> But there is no such application in this spec.

> A new category would fit much better.

>

Didn't notice that. Fixed.

> Also:

> If this spec is themed around pumping out boons and healing, why is it themed around Skyscales, rather than Aurene?

> Aurene, being the daughter of Glint, would fit much better, as Glint is _the_ boon-pumping Legend for Revenant.

>

Nice point. But I don't see Aurene fitting with warrior. Aurene is blue and has cristals, Warrior is red and has energy/fire/rage as power.