Approximate value of a BL Claim Ticket?

That depends the weapons you can buy with them and their ticket cost

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/43992-Black-Lion-Claim-Ticket is helpful but you still have to do some work yourself to divide by their ticket cost for each set

Also depends on how quickly you want your gold. For relatively quick gold I would estimate it to be around 30g. For longer waits, it could be 100+ or sky's the limit.

If you want a 1 ticket skin then around 40g should be enough to buy one within 2 or 3 days.

If you don't mind waiting then "best" is probably convert tickets to skins and sell then wait for them to rotate into BLC to buy but that could take a long time and not guaranteed best if the cycle is too long or the set is just that popular.

Thanks, that's very helpful.

For more context, I was thinking about it in terms of all the older sets that were just made available at 3 and 5 tickets, and how to figure out whether a skin is under or overvalued at that price.

In that case, at 30g most skins would not be "worth" 5 tickets. Even the Chaos staff at 174g buy order barely qualifies.

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> Keep in mind that the chaos weapons only just were removed from the chests, so their prices are at the low end.

>

admittedly thats a variable since if you do sell now on the staff axe or greatsword its about 150 gold per 5 BLC tickets could get 200+ if you care to have impulse buyers down the line but the market will have a few days flux for the amount of time this promotions going on

> @"Josiah.2967" said:

> I think that shows how disappointing the current black lion chests are. One of our slots is now guaranteed scrap ticket worth approximately 3g?

I dunno, scraps seem like a pretty good guaranteed item, given what the intended purpose of that slot is and the fact that you can't acquire scraps in any way but the chests or some gemstore packages. The guarantees are almost always some kind of junk item worth about 50s-2g that's thematically related to the current release. The sole purpose is adding a bit of liquid currency to the chest. The exceptions (exclusive upgradeable dyes, PoF combinable minis) have a pretty similar gold value range - during their launch they run about 40s, and afterward settle in around 1-2g. I think your mistake is thinking the guaranteed item should be something of great value.

For the past few sets, I think the price for 1tix skins has usually been in the range of sn37, bn47.

Of cos, depending on the skins' subjective value and overspeculation, they can tank or rise once its no longer available at 1tix.

37-47 is probably the claimtix holders' rough gauge on whether to use their tix stockpile

As a guaranteed item, the scrap is (relatively) quite good, like kun said. Of cos, depending on how many ppl open the current blc, the effective value of tix may drop