Why gold for playing ranked was reduced?

Crypto.7609

Before we had repetable track that gives 20 gold on each repeated attempt, now it gives only 4 gold... Do you want people to once again ignore your pvp system and just afk farm pve like bots again?

And no, match duration is only slightly less than before, yet gold nerf is almost 1/4th of old gold.

match duration is not "slightly" less than before, looking at my match history, each round takes from 45s - 2 mins. So unless you get really close and go the full 5 rounds, that is 10 mins, but typically will go around 5 mins. and its a mini season, it not lasting as long and isnt meant to be directly tied to the rewards for standard full league play

> @"Crypto.7609" said:

> Before we had repetable track that gives 20 gold on each repeated attempt, now it gives only 4 gold... Do you want people to once again ignore your pvp system and just afk farm pve like bots again?

> And no, match duration is only slightly less than before, yet gold nerf is almost 1/4th of old gold.

Come play wvw, and then complain about reward tracks and how much money there is in it.

> @"Zietlogik.6208" said:

> match duration is not "slightly" less than before, looking at my match history, each round takes from 45s - 2 mins. So unless you get really close and go the full 5 rounds, that is 10 mins, but typically will go around 5 mins. and its a mini season, it not lasting as long and isnt meant to be directly tied to the rewards for standard full league play

Im pretty sure that the game only accounts the actual "game time", and not the whole time waiting ppl just hit the damn Yes to start.

So... yeah, that's really a slightly less time, im playing atmost 8-9 games per 1 hour, that's about 6-7m per game (sometimes i get some fast stomps and play a bit more, maybe at high level ppl are faster with ready button and it's faster but it's not my case)

Just reducing to 20-30s the readiness time and 5s the game start is a good approach.

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > @"Crypto.7609" said:

> > Before we had repetable track that gives 20 gold on each repeated attempt, now it gives only 4 gold... Do you want people to once again ignore your pvp system and just afk farm pve like bots again?

> > And no, match duration is only slightly less than before, yet gold nerf is almost 1/4th of old gold.

>

> Come play wvw, and then complain about reward tracks and how much money there is in it.

after several weeks I almost made 3 gold in WvW. those unid dyes coming in hot!

> @"Crypto.7609" said:

> Before we had repetable track that gives 20 gold on each repeated attempt, now it gives only 4 gold... Do you want people to once again ignore your pvp system and just afk farm pve like bots again?

> And no, match duration is only slightly less than before, yet gold nerf is almost 1/4th of old gold.

Because there's not bizantium chest. The track lacks the last 2 chest which provide 15 and 20 gold pieces respectively with the last pip in each one. But don't worry, because the mini-season will be over in 8 days...