Should settings be split between gamemodes?

I wouldn't want to change my settings between game modes, but I wouldn't be opposed to having that option as long as it doesn't require me to set everything up, go into WvW and set it up all over again in the same way and then go into PvP and set it up a 3rd time, and remember to repeat the process each time a new setting is added or one is changed.

So if they stayed the same by default and only split if you chose to enable that then it'd be ok, because I could simply never touch that option. If it was forced on everyone that would be really annoying.

I said yes, but I wouldn't mind other routes too. Some games have a setting where you can automatically lower your graphics if you join a raid group. That would help in some situations better than a game mode setting list, because if I'm in world PvE content there might be a lot of times where I'm solo until join a squad for a world boss.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I wouldn't want to change my settings between game modes, but I wouldn't be opposed to having that option as long as it doesn't require me to set everything up, go into WvW and set it up all over again in the same way and then go into PvP and set it up a 3rd time, and remember to repeat the process each time a new setting is added or one is changed.

>

> So if they stayed the same by default and only split if you chose to enable that then it'd be ok, because I could simply never touch that option. If it was forced on everyone that would be really annoying.

This

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> I'd rather have the ability to save different key binds for each character

and this. Although separate keybinds for WvW would also be nice.

or perhaps having game setting templates, and an easy ability to switch between those on the fly (i.e. with a keybind). Or at least load them from a file.

Yes, constantly having to change certain settings if I want to go from PvE to WvW and back is incredibly annoying.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> I'd rather have the ability to save different key binds for each character

Not just different characters. I'd also like to be able to set up different keybinds for different weapon sets.