Elementalist Race

Drizzt.1796

I like the Asura animations for Elementalist, whereas Asura animations for warrior and guardian feel silly and dont really fit those professions.

I also think Charr are a good choice for both looks. Also, if you are going for storyline, you can pick the Charr storyline where your father was a sorcerous shaman!!

> @"Drizzt.1796" said:

> Hi all. I have recently made an Asura Elementalist but am unsure if I have chose a good lore-wise decision. Please give your choice of a male elementalist and a picture(optional).

Asura Elementalist is probably the safest race you could have picked for Elementalist lore-wise. Another good one would be Human. If you wanted to be different, I'd wager Norn Elementalists are pretty rare. Even the modern Charr have a rich history of magic use though they tend to shun it until recently.

Male Charr, Flame Legion definitely seems rather thematic for an Elementalist- and in fact you could make it an evil Elementalist just because it'd be more fun than a Female Human Elementalist in a black dress dreading society and going: "I'll burn you all to the ground!"

I did it originally because I like charr, now I do it because of the lore too!

Asura can play any scholar classes. They all work out. Lore wise we got Macha. So asuaran mesmers are a thing. Asuran necros are a thing. Asuran elementalists are a thing.

Humans can play all scholar classes. Lore wise noble females love to be mesmers. Elementalists had a strong presence in their armed forces and necros are just that. Humans are actually the most 'scholar-y' society. They 'invented' mesmers.

Sylvari can play all scholar classes. Because they like to explore all aspects of life. Caledon is filled with sylvari npc elementalists. But not any necros or mesmers. We got Killeen who was necro and the way she talked, necromancy was not rare or frowned upon. Mesmer should be ok.

Charr elementalists (from the shaman) background might work well. I feel a bit... icky when it comes to charr mesmers. Charr necros same.

Norn. Uh. Hm. Hmhmhm. Necros? Maybe? Mesmers certainly not. Elementalists? maybe? The warrior that wrangles the elements and forces them under his/her will? Could work.

if these ever become playable:

Quaggan? Hell no.

Skritt? Scratch just blew up. No survivors (but there was a loud scream of 'shinies' just before the explosion).

Tengu? hell no

Kodan? elementalists.

Ogre? just no

Jotun? elementalist for sure, no mesmer

Krait? as long as you make others miserable, everything goes (no mesmers tho. That is for leg people)

Centaurs? Elementalists. Mesmer is for two legs. Necros same.