Engi in 3V3

Domino.1359

Unfortunetly I havent even tried the 3v3 mode lol. Otherwise I would have brought my condi core in there and could give an impression.

In general engie *should* be decently strong at smallscale but there are other really, really strong builds and in 3v3 you only got 3 spots sooooooo... it's gonna be meta all around as soon as you start climbing in tiers. It's only logical.

Haha I just had my first 3v3 match, just for fun. This thread inspired me. And I think it's going to be my only match.

It didnt go so bad with my core condi engie - we lost but I still had 8 kills/3 deaths (45% of team damage for some reason).

But man what a boring concept of a gameplay mode. Apparently I was spot on above. Met a condi rev, bunker necro and power scrapper. So every match was just stealth single target focus done in 30-60 seconds. The only interesting round was the very last - me, enemy rev and necro last survivors. Managed to bring down the rev and stealth stomp him while the necro tried ressing, then had a fairly long fight with the necro which ended in me going down a second before he went down (ie just roll over and die already, you cant beat a necro in downed state). The rounds before I was just looking for a way to exit the damn mode and I couldnt find it, thought it would go on forever lol.

When I noted in guild chat that I had my first 3v3 pvp match it was like... "necro and rev enemies huh?"

flamethrower scrapper can work well if the enemy team doesn't have guards (retaliation hurts).

it is not OP and definitively not meta but its one of the best damage build for 3v3 pvp.

aside from the flamethrower (which is mandatory), weapons and abilities depends on your taste. here is what i use:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAIRlZwcYVsOWJW+S+tfA-z5IeGFMB6YBoiB

with strenght rune you hit the 10 power stack which always trigger "applied force" trait without the use of elixir to empower yourself.

but as you can see, you get 5% damage per boon if you have stability and 2% damage reduction per boon. so elixir B will give you a very good burst when the celerity proc.

i prefer to use hammer for the survivability and instant AOE stun.

improve the build as you see fit.

> @"ledernierrempart.6871" said:

> flamethrower scrapper can work well if the enemy team doesn't have guards (retaliation hurts).

>

> it is not OP and definitively not meta but its one of the best damage build for 3v3 pvp.

> aside from the flamethrower (which is mandatory), weapons and abilities depends on your taste. here is what i use:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAIRlZwcYVsOWJW+S+tfA-z5IeGFMB6YBoiB

>

> with strenght rune you hit the 10 power stack which always trigger "applied force" trait without the use of elixir to empower yourself.

> but as you can see, you get 5% damage per boon if you have stability and 2% damage reduction per boon. so elixir B will give you a very good burst when the celerity proc.

>

> i prefer to use hammer for the survivability and instant AOE stun.

>

> improve the build as you see fit.

So about 45 games now and that is the primary build I see engis use for 3v3. It's strong in its own right; any time I see one on my reaper or power ranger I usually know they'll get the better of me. Like some noted above, the higher you climb, the more you see just meta professions in 3v3 and it doesn't leave any room for engis (from what i've experienced).

> @"Domino.1359" said:

> > @"ledernierrempart.6871" said:

> > flamethrower scrapper can work well if the enemy team doesn't have guards (retaliation hurts).

> >

> > it is not OP and definitively not meta but its one of the best damage build for 3v3 pvp.

> > aside from the flamethrower (which is mandatory), weapons and abilities depends on your taste. here is what i use:

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAIRlZwcYVsOWJW+S+tfA-z5IeGFMB6YBoiB

> >

> > with strenght rune you hit the 10 power stack which always trigger "applied force" trait without the use of elixir to empower yourself.

> > but as you can see, you get 5% damage per boon if you have stability and 2% damage reduction per boon. so elixir B will give you a very good burst when the celerity proc.

> >

> > i prefer to use hammer for the survivability and instant AOE stun.

> >

> > improve the build as you see fit.

>

> So about 45 games now and that is the primary build I see engis use for 3v3. It's strong in its own right; any time I see one on my reaper or power ranger I usually know they'll get the better of me. Like some noted above, the higher you climb, the more you see just meta professions in 3v3 and it doesn't leave any room for engis (from what i've experienced).

Condi/Support Scrapper is pretty good in higher gold lvls too imho, P/S with mass condis and protection for allies and turn condis into boons with elixir gun, reflections and stunbreaks + dmg reductions. Flamethrowers aren't my fav, but can we viable in some matchups

> @"swagolas.9732" said:

> > @"Domino.1359" said:

> > > @"ledernierrempart.6871" said:

> > > flamethrower scrapper can work well if the enemy team doesn't have guards (retaliation hurts).

> > >

> > > it is not OP and definitively not meta but its one of the best damage build for 3v3 pvp.

> > > aside from the flamethrower (which is mandatory), weapons and abilities depends on your taste. here is what i use:

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAIRlZwcYVsOWJW+S+tfA-z5IeGFMB6YBoiB

> > >

> > > with strenght rune you hit the 10 power stack which always trigger "applied force" trait without the use of elixir to empower yourself.

> > > but as you can see, you get 5% damage per boon if you have stability and 2% damage reduction per boon. so elixir B will give you a very good burst when the celerity proc.

> > >

> > > i prefer to use hammer for the survivability and instant AOE stun.

> > >

> > > improve the build as you see fit.

> >

> > So about 45 games now and that is the primary build I see engis use for 3v3. It's strong in its own right; any time I see one on my reaper or power ranger I usually know they'll get the better of me. Like some noted above, the higher you climb, the more you see just meta professions in 3v3 and it doesn't leave any room for engis (from what i've experienced).

>

> Condi/Support Scrapper is pretty good in higher gold lvls too imho, P/S with mass condis and protection for allies and turn condis into boons with elixir gun, reflections and stunbreaks + dmg reductions. Flamethrowers aren't my fav, but can we viable in some matchups

Now that's a good idea. Sounds a bit like the concept for the meta ranger condi soulbeast role - it deals out condi but also provides ample support. I'll give it a go.

I don't know the tier you would like to play, but I've played lately in PvP for the first time and I'm enjoying Power Holo (took the exploding sword build in metabattle and adapted for my use) quite a bit. I usually swap skills and style of play during the 3 rounds so it's not easy to grasp how I play and it usually pay off. I'm at 60/40 win/lose in the bronze/silver tier. Again I'm a newbie but I'm having fun so YMMV :)