Pride Flag Capes

Imagine having to wear your sexual identity for everyone to see at all times.

I never have to be screaming to people "IM STRAIGHT, HEY LOOK AT ME!"

I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I don't care. It doesn't change anything within me.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it would be a good gesture, it's probably going to come off as taking advantage of pride for profit, unless they made it free. The anti-corp "woke" types already have enough to get paranoid after.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> Imagine having to wear your sexual identity for everyone to see at all times.

>

> I never have to be screaming to people "IM STRAIGHT, HEY LOOK AT ME!"

>

> I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I don't care. It doesn't change anything within me.

Be grateful that you don't have to instead of being a dirtbag to people who could not always freely express their sexuality like you did.

> @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> While it would be a good gesture, it's probably going to come off as taking advantage of pride for profit, unless they made it free. The anti-corp "woke" types already have enough to get paranoid after.

>

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > Imagine having to wear your sexual identity for everyone to see at all times.

> >

> > I never have to be screaming to people "IM STRAIGHT, HEY LOOK AT ME!"

> >

> > I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I don't care. It doesn't change anything within me.

>

> Be grateful that you don't have to instead of being a dirtbag to people who could not always freely express their sexuality like you did.

Imagine a world where one could state that they didn't care if a cape was added or not w/out being accused of aligning with an abuser, happened to me in this very thread. Why? Because cudgel, right? You see, I made the mistake of taking the thread at face value, and discussing a cape in GW 2, and expressing my neutrality to it. Suddenly, I'm "part of the problem". I don't worship at the altar of Social Justice, and therefore must be all kinds of bigot, and other choice phrases, right? Imagine a world where legit issues were discussed in legit formats, instead of permeating every aspect of one's life. I am 100% against having real world politics slapping me in the face while I'm gaming. Gaming is where I go to step out of this world, why do I need it force fed to me? With the added irony of I still don't care if they chose to make the cape, and add it through whatever method, **so long as I'm not required to utilize it**. One is free to believe whatever they wish, and express it if the means are available, but one is not free to force me to support it. This is literally what "Get woke, go broke" means. Make your product, market it however you wish, but don't expect people that disagree to support it, and then, when they don't, it's not "well, they're free to have their own opinion" it's "they're just a bunch of bigots anyway", and it doesn't matter if the product is objectively bad or not, it's just "wrong think".

> @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > While it would be a good gesture, it's probably going to come off as taking advantage of pride for profit, unless they made it free. The anti-corp "woke" types already have enough to get paranoid after.

> >

> > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > Imagine having to wear your sexual identity for everyone to see at all times.

> > >

> > > I never have to be screaming to people "IM STRAIGHT, HEY LOOK AT ME!"

> > >

> > > I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I don't care. It doesn't change anything within me.

> >

> > Be grateful that you don't have to instead of being a dirtbag to people who could not always freely express their sexuality like you did.

>

> Imagine a world where one could state that they didn't care if a cape was added or not w/out being accused of aligning with an abuser, happened to me in this very thread. Why? Because cudgel, right? You see, I made the mistake of taking the thread at face value, and discussing a cape in GW 2, and expressing my neutrality to it. Suddenly, I'm "part of the problem". I don't worship at the altar of Social Justice, and therefore must be all kinds of bigot, and other choice phrases, right? Imagine a world where legit issues were discussed in legit formats, instead of permeating every aspect of one's life. I am 100% against having real world politics slapping me in the face while I'm gaming. Gaming is where I go to step out of this world, why do I need it force fed to me? With the added irony of I still don't care if they chose to make the cape, and add it through whatever method, **so long as I'm not required to utilize it**. One is free to believe whatever they wish, and express it if the means are available, but one is not free to force me to support it. This is literally what "Get woke, go broke" means. Make your product, market it however you wish, but don't expect people that disagree to support it, and then, when they don't, it's not "well, they're free to have their own opinion" it's "they're just a bunch of bigots anyway", and it doesn't matter if the product is objectively bad or not, it's just "wrong think".

The persecution complex is pretty strong on this one. Historically speaking games that have gone "woke" and a vocal minority tried to lash out against ended up exceeding expectations, so no, "get woke go broke" is nothing but buzzword gibberish.

You also wouldn't be forced to use it, and sexual orientation isn't politics, jesus.

> @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > > While it would be a good gesture, it's probably going to come off as taking advantage of pride for profit, unless they made it free. The anti-corp "woke" types already have enough to get paranoid after.

> > >

> > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > Imagine having to wear your sexual identity for everyone to see at all times.

> > > >

> > > > I never have to be screaming to people "IM STRAIGHT, HEY LOOK AT ME!"

> > > >

> > > > I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I don't care. It doesn't change anything within me.

> > >

> > > Be grateful that you don't have to instead of being a dirtbag to people who could not always freely express their sexuality like you did.

> >

> > Imagine a world where one could state that they didn't care if a cape was added or not w/out being accused of aligning with an abuser, happened to me in this very thread. Why? Because cudgel, right? You see, I made the mistake of taking the thread at face value, and discussing a cape in GW 2, and expressing my neutrality to it. Suddenly, I'm "part of the problem". I don't worship at the altar of Social Justice, and therefore must be all kinds of bigot, and other choice phrases, right? Imagine a world where legit issues were discussed in legit formats, instead of permeating every aspect of one's life. I am 100% against having real world politics slapping me in the face while I'm gaming. Gaming is where I go to step out of this world, why do I need it force fed to me? With the added irony of I still don't care if they chose to make the cape, and add it through whatever method, **so long as I'm not required to utilize it**. One is free to believe whatever they wish, and express it if the means are available, but one is not free to force me to support it. This is literally what "Get woke, go broke" means. Make your product, market it however you wish, but don't expect people that disagree to support it, and then, when they don't, it's not "well, they're free to have their own opinion" it's "they're just a bunch of bigots anyway", and it doesn't matter if the product is objectively bad or not, it's just "wrong think".

>

> The persecution complex is pretty strong on this one. Historically speaking games that have gone "woke" and a vocal minority tried to lash out against ended up exceeding expectations, so no, "get woke go broke" is nothing but buzzword gibberish.

>

> You also wouldn't be forced to use it, and sexual orientation isn't politics, jesus.

Well, isn't this ironic? Considering my very first post in this thread opens up with something very similar to your last line here. But don't take my word for it, https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1264961/#Comment_1264961, have a look yourself. Well, I guess either way you're taking my word for it, since I'm linking you to something I said...

Personally, I will be fine with a rainbow colored Cape, because rainbow is a nature phenomena widely depicted and discussed throughout the mankind history. Thus it perfectly fits in fantasy GW2 world too (assuming similar natural physic laws which cause Rainbow phenomena exists in GW2 worlds too).

But I am against any and all real world organizations logos in the GW2 game. Imho GW2 should be kept as a pure fantasy game, not changed into some paralel real world or something like Second World MMO. Why? Because if this will start, what will be next and where it will stop? Would we get a Coca-Cola T-Shirt in a fantasy world? Please no, thanks. If that would happen, I would instantly demand a T-Shirt with big Cannabis Sativa picture, and would wear it just for a protest trolling purpose.

Pure natural phenomena like rainbow picture? Sure, no problem.

Real world ogranizations logos, country flags, pictograms from real world etc? Big no.

> @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> While it would be a good gesture, it's probably going to come off as taking advantage of pride for profit, unless they made it free. The anti-corp "woke" types already have enough to get paranoid after.

>

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > Imagine having to wear your sexual identity for everyone to see at all times.

> >

> > I never have to be screaming to people "IM STRAIGHT, HEY LOOK AT ME!"

> >

> > I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I don't care. It doesn't change anything within me.

>

> Be grateful that you don't have to instead of being a dirtbag to people who could not always freely express their sexuality like you did.

It's perhaps the only time I somewhat agree with @"Razor.6392" here. I thought the ultimate goal of these fights for equality and gay rights is that sexual orientation no longer matters at all in the grand scheme of things, no discrimination and all, no longer a big deal, people just like so many others, and it's a success. Why try to make sexual orientation a big deal now?

Putting politics is not good idea on a entertainment product, such actions have bad habit of making said product sound like you're reading a bible, quran or any other holybook. And politics tend to become hostile at worst.

Only way to successfully add politics into entertainment however, **is when its mocked and criticized**, that's only way to make it work.

However, you can do your own presentation yourself as mentioned before, but most will view it as out of place for entertainment product.

People will care more about you being able to play the game than your personal preferences, forcing your preferences can make things awkward or hostile depending on the situation.

Or it will work if you find a group with similar ideals.

Sexualities and other preferences probably should be limited to dating apps or sites.

Just my opinion.

> @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > While it would be a good gesture, it's probably going to come off as taking advantage of pride for profit, unless they made it free. The anti-corp "woke" types already have enough to get paranoid after.

> >

> > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > Imagine having to wear your sexual identity for everyone to see at all times.

> > >

> > > I never have to be screaming to people "IM STRAIGHT, HEY LOOK AT ME!"

> > >

> > > I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I don't care. It doesn't change anything within me.

> >

> > Be grateful that you don't have to instead of being a dirtbag to people who could not always freely express their sexuality like you did.

>

> It's perhaps the only time I somewhat agree with @"Razor.6392" here. I thought the ultimate goal of these fights for equality and gay rights is that sexual orientation no longer matters at all in the grand scheme of things, no discrimination and all, no longer a big deal, people just like so many others, and it's a success. Why try to make sexual orientation a big deal now?

Because there's still discrimination? Crazy thought.

You do know GW2 has more reach than just California correct?

> > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > > > While it would be a good gesture, it's probably going to come off as taking advantage of pride for profit, unless they made it free. The anti-corp "woke" types already have enough to get paranoid after.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > Imagine having to wear your sexual identity for everyone to see at all times.

> > > > >

> > > > > I never have to be screaming to people "IM STRAIGHT, HEY LOOK AT ME!"

> > > > >

> > > > > I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I don't care. It doesn't change anything within me.

> > > >

> > > > Be grateful that you don't have to instead of being a dirtbag to people who could not always freely express their sexuality like you did.

> > >

> > > Imagine a world where one could state that they didn't care if a cape was added or not w/out being accused of aligning with an abuser, happened to me in this very thread. Why? Because cudgel, right? You see, I made the mistake of taking the thread at face value, and discussing a cape in GW 2, and expressing my neutrality to it. Suddenly, I'm "part of the problem". I don't worship at the altar of Social Justice, and therefore must be all kinds of bigot, and other choice phrases, right? Imagine a world where legit issues were discussed in legit formats, instead of permeating every aspect of one's life. I am 100% against having real world politics slapping me in the face while I'm gaming. Gaming is where I go to step out of this world, why do I need it force fed to me? With the added irony of I still don't care if they chose to make the cape, and add it through whatever method, **so long as I'm not required to utilize it**. One is free to believe whatever they wish, and express it if the means are available, but one is not free to force me to support it. This is literally what "Get woke, go broke" means. Make your product, market it however you wish, but don't expect people that disagree to support it, and then, when they don't, it's not "well, they're free to have their own opinion" it's "they're just a bunch of bigots anyway", and it doesn't matter if the product is objectively bad or not, it's just "wrong think".

> >

> > The persecution complex is pretty strong on this one. Historically speaking games that have gone "woke" and a vocal minority tried to lash out against ended up exceeding expectations, so no, "get woke go broke" is nothing but buzzword gibberish.

> >

> > You also wouldn't be forced to use it, and sexual orientation isn't politics, jesus.

>

> Well, isn't this ironic? Considering my very first post in this thread opens up with something very similar to your last line here. But don't take my word for it, https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1264961/#Comment_1264961, have a look yourself. Well, I guess either way you're taking my word for it, since I'm linking you to something I said...

That doesn't make your post any less hyperbolic and flat out wrong. Slippery slope is a waste of time, if you want to be taken seirously use actual concrete examples.

> @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > > While it would be a good gesture, it's probably going to come off as taking advantage of pride for profit, unless they made it free. The anti-corp "woke" types already have enough to get paranoid after.

> > >

> > > > Imagine having to wear your sexual identity for everyone to see at all times.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I don't care. It doesn't change anything within me.

> > >

> > > Be grateful that you don't have to instead of being a dirtbag to people who could not always freely express their sexuality like you did.

> >

> > It's perhaps the only time I somewhat agree with @"Razor.6392" here. I thought the ultimate goal of these fights for equality and gay rights is that sexual orientation no longer matters at all in the grand scheme of things, no discrimination and all, no longer a big deal, people just like so many others, and it's a success. Why try to make sexual orientation a big deal now?

>

> Because there's still discrimination? Crazy thought.

>

> You do know GW2 has more reach than just California correct?

I do know, after all, I'm in France.

And here we are. Discrimination. Here's a personal thing: I was put in a certain community by people because of my heritage, yet said community deemed me too "white" for their tastes, the common thing these judging people have is that they're idiots, and I clearly didn't need them anyways. What you call discrimination I call it idiocy and we will always deal with idiots, and honestly screaming "oppression" when dealing with idiots is just petty, I categorically refuse to do so.

Minorities (on the LGBTQ side) are already widely accepted, the few stuck up stragglers who may not simply don't have the means to "oppress" unless it's on a very small scale, and if so, they're beyond unimportant. Hunting and (ironically) oppressing every last one of these idiots until they acknowledge and validate and cheer your flamboyancy will only lead to the reverse since you're doing the exact thing you don't want people do to to you. You know, liberty and all that.

Lastly, sexuality isn't personality, it's personal. I'm not showing it alongside of what I do for a living and my major points of interest, strangers don't deserve it, it'll come up in certain discussions that are closely related to it among friends and that's it, if someone is bothered by my sexuality RIGHT at this time, chances are he/she will still have me around because of everything else that I am, and if not, well, probably not worth having around me, so far the latter is very rare.

> @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > It's perhaps the only time I somewhat agree with @"Razor.6392" here. I thought the ultimate goal of these fights for equality and gay rights is that sexual orientation no longer matters at all in the grand scheme of things, no discrimination and all, no longer a big deal, people just like so many others, and it's a success. Why try to make sexual orientation a big deal now?

>

> Because there's still discrimination? Crazy thought.

>

> You do know GW2 has more reach than just California correct?

>

> > > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > > > > While it would be a good gesture, it's probably going to come off as taking advantage of pride for profit, unless they made it free. The anti-corp "woke" types already have enough to get paranoid after.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > > Imagine having to wear your sexual identity for everyone to see at all times.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I never have to be screaming to people "IM STRAIGHT, HEY LOOK AT ME!"

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I don't care. It doesn't change anything within me.

> > > > >

> > > > > Be grateful that you don't have to instead of being a dirtbag to people who could not always freely express their sexuality like you did.

> > > >

> > > > Imagine a world where one could state that they didn't care if a cape was added or not w/out being accused of aligning with an abuser, happened to me in this very thread. Why? Because cudgel, right? You see, I made the mistake of taking the thread at face value, and discussing a cape in GW 2, and expressing my neutrality to it. Suddenly, I'm "part of the problem". I don't worship at the altar of Social Justice, and therefore must be all kinds of bigot, and other choice phrases, right? Imagine a world where legit issues were discussed in legit formats, instead of permeating every aspect of one's life. I am 100% against having real world politics slapping me in the face while I'm gaming. Gaming is where I go to step out of this world, why do I need it force fed to me? With the added irony of I still don't care if they chose to make the cape, and add it through whatever method, **so long as I'm not required to utilize it**. One is free to believe whatever they wish, and express it if the means are available, but one is not free to force me to support it. This is literally what "Get woke, go broke" means. Make your product, market it however you wish, but don't expect people that disagree to support it, and then, when they don't, it's not "well, they're free to have their own opinion" it's "they're just a bunch of bigots anyway", and it doesn't matter if the product is objectively bad or not, it's just "wrong think".

> > >

> > > The persecution complex is pretty strong on this one. Historically speaking games that have gone "woke" and a vocal minority tried to lash out against ended up exceeding expectations, so no, "get woke go broke" is nothing but buzzword gibberish.

> > >

> > > You also wouldn't be forced to use it, and sexual orientation isn't politics, jesus.

> >

> > Well, isn't this ironic? Considering my very first post in this thread opens up with something very similar to your last line here. But don't take my word for it, https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1264961/#Comment_1264961, have a look yourself. Well, I guess either way you're taking my word for it, since I'm linking you to something I said...

>

> That doesn't make your post any less hyperbolic and flat out wrong. Slippery slope is a waste of time, if you want to be taken seirously use actual concrete examples.

That's a really good idea. So, let's start with your position that I'm somehow being hyperbolic about what was said in my post, and the subsequent replies to it, shall we?

I said "Imagine a world where one could state that they didn't care if a cape was added or not w/out being accused of aligning with an abuser,". This isn't hyperbole, the first reply to this thread immediately following the post I linked in my last reply is a personal attack on me as "aligning with an abuser" simply for being neutral on the cape. I get it, "But my narrative will fizzle and die if I can't make it all about what I think you said, or wanted you to have said, instead of what you actually said". Too bad? Perhaps it's because your narrative is flawed? Perhaps it has more to do with attempting to assign a motive to a comment, instead of accepting it at face value? My "concrete example" is in this very thread. In the post immediately following the one I linked. Here's a copy/pasted version, to prevent any future editing:

> @"coso.9173" said:

> just wanted to add that there's no real neutrality when there's a situation that involves abuse or discrimination. if you take the supposedly neutral side, you're already taking the side of the abuser.

>

So, how slippery of a slope is it to claim neutrality about a cape, only to be greeted with that post? Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication. So either you didn't comprehend what was said in that post, or, which I find most likely, you understood it perfectly, but took it personally that someone isn't kneeling at your personal SJW altar, and feel the need to lash out? Is not having a cape discrimination? How many other sexual orientation capes are there in game for you to make that claim? None, you say. Well shit, there goes that narrative, right down your slippery slope, right?

> @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > > @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > > > While it would be a good gesture, it's probably going to come off as taking advantage of pride for profit, unless they made it free. The anti-corp "woke" types already have enough to get paranoid after.

> > > >

> > > > > Imagine having to wear your sexual identity for everyone to see at all times.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I don't care. It doesn't change anything within me.

> > > >

> > > > Be grateful that you don't have to instead of being a dirtbag to people who could not always freely express their sexuality like you did.

> > >

> > > It's perhaps the only time I somewhat agree with @"Razor.6392" here. I thought the ultimate goal of these fights for equality and gay rights is that sexual orientation no longer matters at all in the grand scheme of things, no discrimination and all, no longer a big deal, people just like so many others, and it's a success. Why try to make sexual orientation a big deal now?

> >

> > Because there's still discrimination? Crazy thought.

> >

> > You do know GW2 has more reach than just California correct?

>

> I do know, after all, I'm in France.

>

> And here we are. Discrimination. Here's a personal thing: I was put in a certain community by people because of my heritage, yet said community deemed me too "white" for their tastes, the common thing these judging people have is that they're idiots, and I clearly didn't need them anyways. What you call discrimination I call it idiocy and we will always deal with idiots, and honestly screaming "oppression" when dealing with idiots is just petty, I categorically refuse to do so.

>

> Minorities (on the LGBTQ side) are already widely accepted, the few stuck up stragglers who may not simply don't have the means to "oppress" unless it's on a very small scale, and if so, they're beyond unimportant. Hunting and (ironically) oppressing every last one of these idiots until they acknowledge and validate and cheer your flamboyancy will only lead to the reverse since you're doing the exact thing you don't want people do to to you. You know, liberty and all that.

>

> Lastly, sexuality isn't personality, it's personal. I'm not showing it alongside of what I do for a living and my major points of interest, strangers don't deserve it, it'll come up in certain discussions that are closely related to it among friends and that's it, if someone is bothered by my sexuality RIGHT at this time, chances are he/she will still have me around because of everything else that I am, and if not, well, probably not worth having around me, so far the latter is very rare.

Excellent points.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> Imagine having to wear your sexual identity for everyone to see at all times.

>

> I never have to be screaming to people "IM STRAIGHT, HEY LOOK AT ME!"

>

> I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I don't care. It doesn't change anything within me.

As a gay male who is married, I agree with you completely . I have never been that kind of gay to think I need to tell everyone my sexual identity or show off by wearing pride colors. Whenever I see anything in store or in game for “gay pride month” my eyes roll because at the end of the day, these business are just making money off my sexual orientation. I find that offensive. I do not think a pride flag has any place in Tyria. My husband is same as me & also disagrees with implementing a pride flag in a game. There’s already too much lgbt references for my taste in this game please don’t add anymore. No one needs to know my business on my lifestyle . This is the exact reason why I do not get involved in the lgbt community. They are too much lol

In conclusion, I play guild wars 2 to stray away from the real world. That’s what everyone does right? If we entertain these type of topics & implement such things, what’s to say what else people will expect and want ? We already had a topic about BLM. This topic should of been removed since the first reply.

> @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > It's perhaps the only time I somewhat agree with @"Razor.6392" here. I thought the ultimate goal of these fights for equality and gay rights is that sexual orientation no longer matters at all in the grand scheme of things, no discrimination and all, no longer a big deal, people just like so many others, and it's a success. Why try to make sexual orientation a big deal now?

> >

> >

>

> I do know, after all, I'm in France.

>

> And here we are. Discrimination. Here's a personal thing: I was put in a certain community by people because of my heritage, yet said community deemed me too "white" for their tastes, the common thing these judging people have is that they're idiots, and I clearly didn't need them anyways. What you call discrimination I call it idiocy and we will always deal with idiots, and honestly screaming "oppression" when dealing with idiots is just petty, I categorically refuse to do so.

>

> Minorities (on the LGBTQ side) are already widely accepted, the few stuck up stragglers who may not simply don't have the means to "oppress" unless it's on a very small scale, and if so, they're beyond unimportant. Hunting and (ironically) oppressing every last one of these idiots until they acknowledge and validate and cheer your flamboyancy will only lead to the reverse since you're doing the exact thing you don't want people do to to you. You know, liberty and all that.

>

> Lastly, sexuality isn't personality, it's personal. I'm not showing it alongside of what I do for a living and my major points of interest, strangers don't deserve it, it'll come up in certain discussions that are closely related to it among friends and that's it, if someone is bothered by my sexuality RIGHT at this time, chances are he/she will still have me around because of everything else that I am, and if not, well, probably not worth having around me, so far the latter is very rare.

How does a pride cape hunt and oppress bigots? I'm not sure where you're drawing these conclusions from, it's a constant shifting of goal posts. My focus has always been on celebrating freedom of expression, which is ultimately what pride is, and it's not necessarily exclusive to LGBT folk.

Lastly, personality isn't a thing you can police, sexuality is a part of everyone's personality and how they choose to express it is none of my business, and those people you keep strawmaning probably have more nuance to their personality than what you're giving them credit for.

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > > @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > > > > > While it would be a good gesture, it's probably going to come off as taking advantage of pride for profit, unless they made it free. The anti-corp "woke" types already have enough to get paranoid after.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > > > Imagine having to wear your sexual identity for everyone to see at all times.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I never have to be screaming to people "IM STRAIGHT, HEY LOOK AT ME!"

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I don't care. It doesn't change anything within me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Be grateful that you don't have to instead of being a dirtbag to people who could not always freely express their sexuality like you did.

> > > > >

> > > > > Imagine a world where one could state that they didn't care if a cape was added or not w/out being accused of aligning with an abuser, happened to me in this very thread. Why? Because cudgel, right? You see, I made the mistake of taking the thread at face value, and discussing a cape in GW 2, and expressing my neutrality to it. Suddenly, I'm "part of the problem". I don't worship at the altar of Social Justice, and therefore must be all kinds of bigot, and other choice phrases, right? Imagine a world where legit issues were discussed in legit formats, instead of permeating every aspect of one's life. I am 100% against having real world politics slapping me in the face while I'm gaming. Gaming is where I go to step out of this world, why do I need it force fed to me? With the added irony of I still don't care if they chose to make the cape, and add it through whatever method, **so long as I'm not required to utilize it**. One is free to believe whatever they wish, and express it if the means are available, but one is not free to force me to support it. This is literally what "Get woke, go broke" means. Make your product, market it however you wish, but don't expect people that disagree to support it, and then, when they don't, it's not "well, they're free to have their own opinion" it's "they're just a bunch of bigots anyway", and it doesn't matter if the product is objectively bad or not, it's just "wrong think".

> > > >

> > > > The persecution complex is pretty strong on this one. Historically speaking games that have gone "woke" and a vocal minority tried to lash out against ended up exceeding expectations, so no, "get woke go broke" is nothing but buzzword gibberish.

> > > >

> > > > You also wouldn't be forced to use it, and sexual orientation isn't politics, jesus.

> > >

> > > Well, isn't this ironic? Considering my very first post in this thread opens up with something very similar to your last line here. But don't take my word for it, https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1264961/#Comment_1264961, have a look yourself. Well, I guess either way you're taking my word for it, since I'm linking you to something I said...

> >

> > That doesn't make your post any less hyperbolic and flat out wrong. Slippery slope is a waste of time, if you want to be taken seirously use actual concrete examples.

>

> That's a really good idea. So, let's start with your position that I'm somehow being hyperbolic about what was said in my post, and the subsequent replies to it, shall we?

>

> I said "Imagine a world where one could state that they didn't care if a cape was added or not w/out being accused of aligning with an abuser,". This isn't hyperbole, the first reply to this thread immediately following the post I linked in my last reply is a personal attack on me as "aligning with an abuser" simply for being neutral on the cape. I get it, "But my narrative will fizzle and die if I can't make it all about what I think you said, or wanted you to have said, instead of what you actually said". Too bad? Perhaps it's because your narrative is flawed? Perhaps it has more to do with attempting to assign a motive to a comment, instead of accepting it at face value? My "concrete example" is in this very thread. In the post immediately following the one I linked. Here's a copy/pasted version, to prevent any future editing:

>

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > just wanted to add that there's no real neutrality when there's a situation that involves abuse or discrimination. if you take the supposedly neutral side, you're already taking the side of the abuser.

> >

>

> So, how slippery of a slope is it to claim neutrality about a cape, only to be greeted with that post? Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication. So either you didn't comprehend what was said in that post, or, which I find most likely, you understood it perfectly, but took it personally that someone isn't kneeling at your personal kitten altar, and feel the need to lash out? Is not having a cape discrimination? How many other sexual orientation capes are there in game for you to make that claim? None, you say. Well kitten, there goes that narrative, right down your slippery slope, right?

Cut the pseudo intellectualism, it's not impressing anyone.

I'm not gonna take credit for what other people say to you, that's their pejorative, but despite claiming to be neutral on the matter you still came here and felt the need to try to invalidate a request with wonky slippery slopes that may or may not happen.

I have no idea what the point of your last paragraph is meant to be, it just reads like a bunch of jumbled nonsense meant to be provocative, but it only makes me think English isn't your first language.

> @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > > > @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > > > > While it would be a good gesture, it's probably going to come off as taking advantage of pride for profit, unless they made it free. The anti-corp "woke" types already have enough to get paranoid after.

> > > > >

> > > > > > Imagine having to wear your sexual identity for everyone to see at all times.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I never have to be screaming to people "IM STRAIGHT, HEY LOOK AT ME!"

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I don't care. It doesn't change anything within me.

> > > > >

> > > > > Be grateful that you don't have to instead of being a dirtbag to people who could not always freely express their sexuality like you did.

> > > >

> > > > It's perhaps the only time I somewhat agree with @"Razor.6392" here. I thought the ultimate goal of these fights for equality and gay rights is that sexual orientation no longer matters at all in the grand scheme of things, no discrimination and all, no longer a big deal, people just like so many others, and it's a success. Why try to make sexual orientation a big deal now?

> > >

> > > Because there's still discrimination? Crazy thought.

> > >

> > > You do know GW2 has more reach than just California correct?

> >

> > I do know, after all, I'm in France.

> >

> > And here we are. Discrimination. Here's a personal thing: I was put in a certain community by people because of my heritage, yet said community deemed me too "white" for their tastes, the common thing these judging people have is that they're idiots, and I clearly didn't need them anyways. What you call discrimination I call it idiocy and we will always deal with idiots, and honestly screaming "oppression" when dealing with idiots is just petty, I categorically refuse to do so.

> >

> > Minorities (on the LGBTQ side) are already widely accepted, the few stuck up stragglers who may not simply don't have the means to "oppress" unless it's on a very small scale, and if so, they're beyond unimportant. Hunting and (ironically) oppressing every last one of these idiots until they acknowledge and validate and cheer your flamboyancy will only lead to the reverse since you're doing the exact thing you don't want people do to to you. You know, liberty and all that.

> >

> > Lastly, sexuality isn't personality, it's personal. I'm not showing it alongside of what I do for a living and my major points of interest, strangers don't deserve it, it'll come up in certain discussions that are closely related to it among friends and that's it, if someone is bothered by my sexuality RIGHT at this time, chances are he/she will still have me around because of everything else that I am, and if not, well, probably not worth having around me, so far the latter is very rare.

>

> How does a pride cape hunt and oppress bigots? I'm not sure where you're drawing these conclusions from, it's a constant shifting of goal posts. My focus has always been on celebrating freedom of expression, which is ultimately what pride is, and it's not necessarily exclusive to LGBT folk.

>

> Lastly, personality isn't a thing you can police, sexuality is a part of everyone's personality and how they choose to express it is none of my business, and those people you keep strawmaning probably have more nuance to their personality than what you're giving them credit for.

>

> > > > @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It's perhaps the only time I somewhat agree with @"Razor.6392" here. I thought the ultimate goal of these fights for equality and gay rights is that sexual orientation no longer matters at all in the grand scheme of things, no discrimination and all, no longer a big deal, people just like so many others, and it's a success. Why try to make sexual orientation a big deal now?

> > >

> > > Because there's still discrimination? Crazy thought.

> > >

> > > You do know GW2 has more reach than just California correct?

> > >

> > > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > > > @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > > > > > > While it would be a good gesture, it's probably going to come off as taking advantage of pride for profit, unless they made it free. The anti-corp "woke" types already have enough to get paranoid after.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > > > > Imagine having to wear your sexual identity for everyone to see at all times.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I never have to be screaming to people "IM STRAIGHT, HEY LOOK AT ME!"

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I don't care. It doesn't change anything within me.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Be grateful that you don't have to instead of being a dirtbag to people who could not always freely express their sexuality like you did.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Imagine a world where one could state that they didn't care if a cape was added or not w/out being accused of aligning with an abuser, happened to me in this very thread. Why? Because cudgel, right? You see, I made the mistake of taking the thread at face value, and discussing a cape in GW 2, and expressing my neutrality to it. Suddenly, I'm "part of the problem". I don't worship at the altar of Social Justice, and therefore must be all kinds of bigot, and other choice phrases, right? Imagine a world where legit issues were discussed in legit formats, instead of permeating every aspect of one's life. I am 100% against having real world politics slapping me in the face while I'm gaming. Gaming is where I go to step out of this world, why do I need it force fed to me? With the added irony of I still don't care if they chose to make the cape, and add it through whatever method, **so long as I'm not required to utilize it**. One is free to believe whatever they wish, and express it if the means are available, but one is not free to force me to support it. This is literally what "Get woke, go broke" means. Make your product, market it however you wish, but don't expect people that disagree to support it, and then, when they don't, it's not "well, they're free to have their own opinion" it's "they're just a bunch of bigots anyway", and it doesn't matter if the product is objectively bad or not, it's just "wrong think".

> > > > >

> > > > > The persecution complex is pretty strong on this one. Historically speaking games that have gone "woke" and a vocal minority tried to lash out against ended up exceeding expectations, so no, "get woke go broke" is nothing but buzzword gibberish.

> > > > >

> > > > > You also wouldn't be forced to use it, and sexual orientation isn't politics, jesus.

> > > >

> > > > Well, isn't this ironic? Considering my very first post in this thread opens up with something very similar to your last line here. But don't take my word for it, https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1264961/#Comment_1264961, have a look yourself. Well, I guess either way you're taking my word for it, since I'm linking you to something I said...

> > >

> > > That doesn't make your post any less hyperbolic and flat out wrong. Slippery slope is a waste of time, if you want to be taken seirously use actual concrete examples.

> >

> > That's a really good idea. So, let's start with your position that I'm somehow being hyperbolic about what was said in my post, and the subsequent replies to it, shall we?

> >

> > I said "Imagine a world where one could state that they didn't care if a cape was added or not w/out being accused of aligning with an abuser,". This isn't hyperbole, the first reply to this thread immediately following the post I linked in my last reply is a personal attack on me as "aligning with an abuser" simply for being neutral on the cape. I get it, "But my narrative will fizzle and die if I can't make it all about what I think you said, or wanted you to have said, instead of what you actually said". Too bad? Perhaps it's because your narrative is flawed? Perhaps it has more to do with attempting to assign a motive to a comment, instead of accepting it at face value? My "concrete example" is in this very thread. In the post immediately following the one I linked. Here's a copy/pasted version, to prevent any future editing:

> >

> > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > just wanted to add that there's no real neutrality when there's a situation that involves abuse or discrimination. if you take the supposedly neutral side, you're already taking the side of the abuser.

> > >

> >

> > So, how slippery of a slope is it to claim neutrality about a cape, only to be greeted with that post? Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication. So either you didn't comprehend what was said in that post, or, which I find most likely, you understood it perfectly, but took it personally that someone isn't kneeling at your personal kitten altar, and feel the need to lash out? Is not having a cape discrimination? How many other sexual orientation capes are there in game for you to make that claim? None, you say. Well kitten, there goes that narrative, right down your slippery slope, right?

>

> Cut the pseudo intellectualism, it's not impressing anyone.

>

> I'm not gonna take credit for what other people say to you, that's their pejorative, but despite claiming to be neutral on the matter you still came here and felt the need to try to invalidate a request with wonky slippery slopes that may or may not happen.

>

> I have no idea what the point of your last paragraph is meant to be, it just reads like a bunch of jumbled nonsense meant to be provocative, but it only makes me think English isn't your first language.

Yet you will accuse me of being hyperbolic for pointing it out? That's the real problem with these kinds of debates, isn't it? "but I can't refute that, since it's right there in black and white, so I'm going to have to deflect to other insults (pseudo intellectualism, or English is not your first language) to divert attention away from that". I never stated it's what you said, I merely pointed out that it was said, to which you tried to claim I was being hyperbolic. I provided proof of it being said, only to have you deflect to "well, I didn't say that"...

Then there's the whole "but you felt like you had to post to state your neutrality, so you're really not neutral" thing going on? That tells me that you wish you had been the one to say it, yes? Why shouldn't I think that, you're implying it here. It's a game forum, the topic concerns the game. I'm not against it, and I'm not overwhelmingly convinced it'll be "good" for the game either. It'll make some players feel good, and others feel like ANet is "playing favorites", and we can see that just reading through this thread. So you're just upset that I dare to have an opinion on something, even if it's "I don't care either way". Upset enough that you have to result to attempting to insult me, or my intelligence. It doesn't send the message you think it sends, it just tells me that you're trying to fall back to "it doesn't concern you, so you should just shut up".

> @"DarkEmiLupus.2876" said:

> How about a "bifrost" type cape. Changing colours constantly with multiple colours.

> Is NOT exactly the LGTBIQ flag BUT it can appeal to LGTBIQ membrers and other members too. And it will go well with the shiny cluster kitten that is this game :DDDD.

>

> I can't and wouldn't want to imagine GW2 with IRL flags like country ones or other IRL things. Maybe that "bifrost" changing cape can be the solution, even myself would buy it.

>

A Bifrost type cape I think could work. Perhaps it could be achieved by first unlocking the Bifrost legendary, and completing achievements in certain areas, and obtaining items relating to cape fabrics, and colours, etc. - perhaps requiring an item that combines 3 times, with 250 unidentified dyes or something too?

The cape's colours would compliment the Bifrost, and could have some sort of shimmering crystal effect which shows the same colours as the Bifrost. Just an idea anyway. Great idea on the bifrost type cape!

Edit: Just had an idea - perhaps there could be new legendary achievements which unlock a series of legendary cape skins (associated with their respective legendaries), so for the juggernaut legendary collection, you could unlock a metallic cape, for example. For the claw of the khan-ur, you could have a rugged, spiky cape, with all 4 charr legion gems in it. For the HMS divinity, you could have an animated flowing water cape with the ship popping in and out of the water every now and then, for example.

That could also lead into unlocking 'legendary' dyes. So if you have the Bifrost unlocked, you could begin a collection to unlock a Bifrost Dye, which could create a multi-coloured rainbow-esque dye. For juggernaut, you could unlock a metallic/shiny dye. For Pharus, you could unlock a glowy dye. The ideas are endless. Certainly enough to go by for expansion-like content anyway, and this way, there'll always be incentives in unlocking legendaries.

> @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> How does a pride cape hunt and oppress bigots?

The same way the lack of distinct "Pride" features is somehow an oppression.

> @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> I'm not sure where you're drawing these conclusions from, it's a constant shifting of goal posts. My focus has always been on celebrating freedom of expression, which is ultimately what pride is, and it's not necessarily exclusive to LGBT folk.

Well, I'm afraid that these folks have appropriated that for themselves, it's attached to everything Pride I'm looking up so far, and I went really far. If it's really freedom of expression you're looking for, that's kind of what we do right now, I'm not sure it has its own flag. To celebrate it with Pride without giving it a weird political stance would be seemingly impossible thanks to people involved on both sides of the coin.

> @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> Lastly, personality isn't a thing you can police, sexuality is a part of everyone's personality and how they choose to express it is none of my business, and those people you keep strawmaning probably have more nuance to their personality than what you're giving them credit for.

From a personal experience, I honestly wished.

i see ppl talking about not adding real life stuff into GW1/2 while we have plenty of real life stuff already in GW1/2.

* halloween

* easter

* wintersday (which is in some parts of the world an actual holiday)

* new year

* chineese new year

* april fools

and the list can go on, we even have a pink dye day to raise awareness to cancer but the awareness of racial and sexual equality is going to far?

excuse me but to me that's hypocritical and i am ashamed to be a part of that kind of community, it's equal everything or nothing at all.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> i see ppl talking about not adding real life stuff into GW1/2 while we have plenty of real life stuff already in GW1/2.

> * halloween

> * easter

> * wintersday (which is in some parts of the world an actual holiday)

> * new year

> * chineese new year

> * april fools

>

> and the list can go on, we even have a pink dye day to raise awareness to cancer but the awareness of racial and sexual equality is going to far?

> excuse me but to me that's hypocritical and i am ashamed to be a part of that kind of community, it's equal everything or nothing at all.

Most of that is either lore friendly or simply festive, rarely works like the real life counterpart and is uncontroversial. Unless you are somehow against awareness and researching to put a stop to cancer?

> @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > How does a pride cape hunt and oppress bigots?

>

> The same way the lack of distinct "Pride" features is somehow an oppression.

Lack of pride features is not any more oppressive to lgbt folk than lack of christmas featuers would be oppressive to christians. Whatever point you might have is completely drowned out by you being this disingenuous.

On that vein, let's also not celebrate christmas, jumping puzzles are the worst.

> > I'm not sure where you're drawing these conclusions from, it's a constant shifting of goal posts. My focus has always been on celebrating freedom of expression, which is ultimately what pride is, and it's not necessarily exclusive to LGBT folk.

>

> Well, I'm afraid that these folks have appropriated that for themselves, it's attached to everything Pride I'm looking up so far, and I went really far. If it's really freedom of expression you're looking for, that's kind of what we do right now, I'm not sure it has its own flag. To celebrate it with Pride without giving it a weird political stance would be seemingly impossible thanks to people involved on both sides of the coin.

"You didn't say it, but I'm gonna attribute it to it anyway because my Google search is giving me false flags and I'm mentally incapable of not generalizing".

> > Lastly, personality isn't a thing you can police, sexuality is a part of everyone's personality and how they choose to express it is none of my business, and those people you keep strawmaning probably have more nuance to their personality than what you're giving them credit for.

>

> From a personal experience, I honestly wished.

You have suspiciously selective personal experience. Unless you count memes as personal experience I suppose :p

> @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > i see ppl talking about not adding real life stuff into GW1/2 while we have plenty of real life stuff already in GW1/2.

> > * halloween

> > * easter

> > * wintersday (which is in some parts of the world an actual holiday)

> > * new year

> > * chineese new year

> > * april fools

> >

> > and the list can go on, we even have a pink dye day to raise awareness to cancer but the awareness of racial and sexual equality is going to far?

> > excuse me but to me that's hypocritical and i am ashamed to be a part of that kind of community, it's equal everything or nothing at all.

>

> Most of that is either lore friendly or simply festive, rarely works like the real life counterpart and is uncontroversial. Unless you are somehow against awareness and researching to put a stop to cancer?

Pride very much evolved into a festivity as well.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> i see ppl talking about not adding real life stuff into GW1/2 while we have plenty of real life stuff already in GW1/2.

> * halloween

> * easter

> * wintersday (which is in some parts of the world an actual holiday)

> * new year

> * chineese new year

> * april fools

>

> and the list can go on, we even have a pink dye day to raise awareness to cancer but the awareness of racial and sexual equality is going to far?

> excuse me but to me that's hypocritical and i am ashamed to be a part of that kind of community, it's equal everything or nothing at all.

In what sense do we have Easter and New Year?

> @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> "You didn't say it, but I'm gonna attribute it to it anyway because my Google search is giving me false flags and I'm mentally incapable of not generalizing".

Are these attacks? On top of... I'm not sure what I'm reading I'm afraid.

> @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> >

> > From a personal experience, I honestly wished.

>

> You have suspiciously selective personal experience. Unless you count memes as personal experience I suppose :p

People I'm really close to. Bisexual, formely part of that community, got out of it for not being enough of an activist after a while, being a fan of both Warhammer series didn't help since it's apparently automatically labeled as a bigot thing. One of them grew furious afterwards, I'm relatively patient and calm in comparison.

Sigh. Look, whatever both of us are trying to achieve, I don't want it to devolve into attacks or anything close to it. I've said my pieces and experiences, there are good and bad people in every group, and let's just agree to disagree on further topics if you don't mind?