D/D Thief roaming

Exzen.2976

> @"ASP.8093" said:

> Nifty!

>

> Using Infiltrator's Signet as a second Steal seems to help a lot, in terms of getting C&D to actually connect.

>

> P.S. What cape is that?

Yeah, Infiltrator signet really helps land CnD and helps with the limited mobility on the D/D weapon set.

It’s the Emblazoned Cape.

The play is generally solid - the Shadowstep reaction speed is mostly on-point which is what solidified my perceptions of this video coming from someone who's put effort into the class - though some of those opponents really did make me wonder what they were thinking in respects to not even trying to fight back lol.

I'm personally not a fan of the SA/CnD-chain style as a whole and never have been (I think it's extremely boring), but the play was generally clean, so props where it's due. If I had to wager a guess, you spent a lot of time playing D/P prior, as your movements and approach to combat resembles it a lot.

Not to sound condescending, but I think you could use fewer resources when getting final stomps on people when fights end, though. You burned a lot of unnecessary utils doing so (and the reveal from SR by the guardian at the end demonstrates this well - I reacted immediately to this on my own), and I'd question it into groups of enemies that have more cohesion or don't go down without a much bigger fight. I know you're running DA/SA/Tr which focuses heavily on resource-maintenance, but when dealing with the possibility of multiple consecutive engagements, the small hits and delayed final spikes are okay to take if you can maintain better cooldown control. Unlike sPvP, the safe stomp isn't as important when ending a fight, and you never know what might be around the corner.

I think with your build you can also afford to play more aggressively. S/D and D/D always has a dodge on skill 3, and while there were flickers of the cohesion that's possible to let you stay in a fight coming through in parts of the video, there's a lot of potential to make fights much more decisive much quicker and gain a lot of style points in the process.

Either way, congrats on the first video, and I'm glad you're finding D/D enjoyable and succeeding with the same weapon loadout I've been enjoying for quite some time :) It can be a lot of fun and very rewarding.

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> The play is generally solid - the Shadowstep reaction speed is mostly on-point which is what solidified my perceptions of this video coming from someone who's put effort into the class - though some of those opponents really did make me wonder what they were thinking in respects to not even trying to fight back lol.

Not gonna lie, the guardian deciding to walk a yak ten feet while he was already dying was kinda hilarious.

> The play is generally solid - the Shadowstep reaction speed is mostly on-point which is what solidified my perceptions of this video coming from someone who's put effort into the class - though some of those opponents really did make me wonder what they were thinking in respects to not even trying to fight back lol.

>

> I'm personally not a fan of the SA/CnD-chain style as a whole and never have been (I think it's extremely boring), but the play was generally clean, so props where it's due. If I had to wager a guess, you spent a lot of time playing D/P prior, as your movements and approach to combat resembles it a lot.

>

> Not to sound condescending, but I think you could use fewer resources when getting final stomps on people when fights end, though. You burned a lot of unnecessary utils doing so (and the reveal from SR by the guardian at the end demonstrates this well - I reacted immediately to this on my own), and I'd question it into groups of enemies that have more cohesion or don't go down without a much bigger fight. I know you're running DA/SA/Tr which focuses heavily on resource-maintenance, but when dealing with the possibility of multiple consecutive engagements, the small hits and delayed final spikes are okay to take if you can maintain better cooldown control. Unlike sPvP, the safe stomp isn't as important when ending a fight, and you never know what might be around the corner.

>

> I think with your build you can also afford to play more aggressively. S/D and D/D always has a dodge on skill 3, and while there were flickers of the cohesion that's possible to let you stay in a fight coming through in parts of the video, there's a lot of potential to make fights much more decisive much quicker and gain a lot of style points in the process.

>

> Either way, congrats on the first video, and I'm glad you're finding D/D enjoyable and succeeding with the same weapon loadout I've been enjoying for quite some time :) It can be a lot of fun and very rewarding.

Thanks for the detailed comment and the advice. There are always areas to improve on!

> @"ASP.8093" said:

> > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > The play is generally solid - the Shadowstep reaction speed is mostly on-point which is what solidified my perceptions of this video coming from someone who's put effort into the class - though some of those opponents really did make me wonder what they were thinking in respects to not even trying to fight back lol.

>

> Not gonna lie, the guardian deciding to walk a yak ten feet while he was already dying was kinda hilarious.

I was laughing so hard when that happened. I couldn’t believe that he didn’t just run into the tower... must’ve assumed the yak was my next target.

>

> I'm personally not a fan of the SA/CnD-chain style as a whole and never have been (I think it's extremely boring), but the play was generally clean, so props where it's due. If I had to wager a guess, you spent a lot of time playing D/P prior, as your movements and approach to combat resembles it a lot.

>

> Not to sound condescending, but I think you could use fewer resources when getting final stomps on people when fights end, though. You burned a lot of unnecessary utils doing so (and the reveal from SR by the guardian at the end demonstrates this well - I reacted immediately to this on my own), and I'd question it into groups of enemies that have more cohesion or don't go down without a much bigger fight. I know you're running DA/SA/Tr which focuses heavily on resource-maintenance, but when dealing with the possibility of multiple consecutive engagements, the small hits and delayed final spikes are okay to take if you can maintain better cooldown control. Unlike sPvP, **the safe stomp isn't as important when ending a fight, and you never know what might be around the corner.**

>

> I think with your build you can also afford to play more aggressively. S/D and D/D always has a dodge on skill 3, and while there were flickers of the cohesion that's possible to let you stay in a fight coming through in parts of the video, there's a lot of potential to make fights much more decisive much quicker and gain a lot of style points in the process.

>

> Either way, congrats on the first video, and I'm glad you're finding D/D enjoyable and succeeding with the same weapon loadout I've been enjoying for quite some time :) It can be a lot of fun and very rewarding.

You really don't know and you don't even know what's right under you sometimes. I don't feel wasteful with a CnD cleave or Infiltrator's Arrow at my feet if I feel someone plotting or panning camera catches a hint of a portal or blob lag, especially if you're not trying to cover someones disabled Walmart siege before a hungry map moves your way. I love the way d/d skills feel, especially driving skills off target, but I never end up happy with my Utility that has to finish the kit instead of feeding it.