Going back to GW1

Every time I look at my computer and think I'll go have some fun, I remember I can't. I have several characters who are untouchable due to the latest patch/failure. I know Anet is working on the problem and a solution will come about.

I'm one of those people who "need" their GW fix. If I can't get it with GW2 I'm seriously thinking of dusting off my GW1 account again and doing some MTSC, working on that suit of obby armor, or just going back to remember the old days.

I wish there were other things I could do, but a recent surgery keeps me home-bound and on "invalid-status" (as my wife calls it) for the next few weeks.

Is there anyone else going back to GW1 until the fix is in?

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> Every time I look at my computer and think I'll go have some fun, I remember I can't. I have several characters who are untouchable due to the latest patch/failure. I know Anet is working on the problem and a solution will come about.

>

> I'm one of those people who "need" their GW fix. If I can't get it with GW2 I'm seriously thinking of dusting off my GW1 account again and doing some MTSC, working on that suit of obby armor, or just going back to remember the old days.

>

> I wish there were other things I could do, but a recent surgery keeps me home-bound and on "invalid-status" (as my wife calls it) for the next few weeks.

>

> Is there anyone else going back to GW1 until the fix is in?

>

Honestly I moved on and now sub to ff14 and imo only blows gw2 away but i still play couple pvp matches a week in gw2. I've never played the orig gw but have only heard positive things about it so theres no harm in trying it out especially if u find gw2 lore interesting as ull learn more about the earlier days lore wise which would be cool if it interest u, plus no classes and mechanics which could be refreshing. If u played gw before and enjoyed it that's a bonus, just get back into it and pop back to gw2 when or if it ever changes in a way that appeals to u. Good luck and recover fast.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> What's broken? I played late last night to do some pof metas and I saw a late night patch hit before I logged off

>

> Has something happened since last night?

Since yesterday's patch a lot (possibly most?) people cannot go onto the build tab of the hero panel without the game crashing and completely closing.

Traits specced are not working either. I don't mean the hotfix patch, I mean the actual patch. Most of us were hoping it would be fixed in the hotfix patch last night but it wasn't :(

I suggest one of these two threads for more information -

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/107851/crash-immediately-when-i-open-my-build#latest

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/107855/revenant-completely-bugged-since-patch-june-9-2020#latest

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> What's broken? I played late last night to do some pof metas and I saw a late night patch hit before I logged off

>

> Has something happened since last night?

You can still play your character, but don't hit the Build Tab.

I'm worried that if I play, the "fix" will be similar to the last big one on the EU server where they had to reset everyone to the pre-patch state.

I just leveled a thief to 80, have the exp and 54 HPs to start on the road to being a Deadeye. The game won't take her to actual Level 80 where I can spend those HPs and begin experimenting on some new weapons/Deadeye's Mark combos.