Next Expansion: Mobilites for Necro

Jabronee.9465

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> No elite spec is a glass cannon, bruiser or tank by definition - at least this is not intended and if it happens at all, then it is the result of a failed balancing attempt.

>

> Every elite spec traitline has traits for: utility, damage and sustain in each tier. And the way you combine these defines your build.

Elite specs are designed to fill a specific role, that much is obvious.

For some, Anet even directly wrote these intended roles in the description of the spec.

Here some examples:

**Druid** _By gaining access to the staff weapon and glyphs, these masters of **support** bolster their allies with mystical insight into the natural world._

Druid is designed as a support elite spec.

**Scrapper** _They bring a **bruising style** of lockdown and negation melee to the engineer._

Scrappers are bruisers by design.

We need Necro to have a complex Espec.

Their mobility is pretty good already as of now.

The reason why Scourge is so darn good is because of how versatile it is, and we need more of that for Necro cos Shroud is really simple and not much to work with.

I'd like to see an espec that provides a dps boost when activated, and no defence. Gain life force as normal, but going into shroud increases your damage output, and can be traited to provide benefits to allies nearby. One or two of the utilities could maybe offer some mobility too. That would be my hope. Give necros something to make them really desired in PvE, and give an option in PvP that doesn't rely on sustain. That would really change things up.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> I would like an elite specialization that can pay for shared boons, blocks and damage bursts with life force.

>

> And also fix core Necro so it has more function than being the broken PvP build.

Isn't that basically scourge already?

Except the blocks, you got barrier instead.

You create shades with your life force and then pay with life force to share barriers, convert conditions into boons (-> boon share).

And you can also use your shades for additional condition damage.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > I would like an elite specialization that can pay for shared boons, blocks and damage bursts with life force.

> >

> > And also fix core Necro so it has more function than being the broken PvP build.

>

> Isn't that basically scourge already?

> Except the blocks, you got barrier instead.

>

> You create shades with your life force and then pay with life force to share barriers, convert conditions into boons (-> boon share).

> And you can also use your shades for additional condition damage.

Yep, it is.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > > I would like an elite specialization that can pay for shared boons, blocks and damage bursts with life force.

> > >

> > > And also fix core Necro so it has more function than being the broken PvP build.

> >

> > Isn't that basically scourge already?

> > Except the blocks, you got barrier instead.

> >

> > You create shades with your life force and then pay with life force to share barriers, convert conditions into boons (-> boon share).

> > And you can also use your shades for additional condition damage.

>

> Yep, it is.

Barriers are not boons, they are shareable shrouds. Alacrity, might, swiftness, protection, stealth; those are boons. Concentration has no effect on barrier, whether from the barrier's originator or receiver.

Edit: LF could also pay for a dps improvement like banners or spotter.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > Yep, it is.

>

> Barriers are not boons, they are shareable shrouds. Alacrity, might, swiftness, protection, stealth; those are boons. Concentration has no effect on barrier, whether from the barrier's originator or receiver.

>

> Edit: LF could also pay for a dps improvement like banners or spotter.

You can share might thought (_abrasive grit_). Barrier is there as block.

I think we all know that ANet isn't exactly ready to improve the range of support they think the necromancer should have. They got a wet dream of a condi manipulation professional support that try very hard to debuff it's foes instead of buffing it's allies that just can't shine in PvE. The thematic is also close to life and death, allowing them to support with "health point" whether temporary or not. Truth be told, with their mentality, I'm even surprised that they allowed the necromancer to grant might.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

>

> Barriers are not boons, they are shareable shrouds. Alacrity, might, swiftness, protection, stealth; those are boons. Concentration has no effect on barrier, whether from the barrier's originator or receiver.

>

> Edit: LF could also pay for a dps improvement like banners or spotter.

Technically, stealth is no boon either and not affected by concentration.

And I never said that barriers are boons, I said you got barriers to share instead of blocks. And the shades can share boons with your allies, they can grant might. Also they can convert conditions into boons, so there is another source for shades to share boons with allies, even if it is indirect.

The mechanics you are asking for (paying for boon share and damage with life force) is already there with scourge.