So how come crafting professions aren't account wide?

I actually been wondering since 2012 when the game came out.

Mounts and mastery skills are account wide, why can't crafting professions?

I dunno about the rest of you but for the sake but i quite like to craft some weapons on my alt if my main has 500 weapon smith unlocked :s

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> If they were account-wide, no characters other than the first to complete the Discipline could earn XP from leveling Crafting.

Why would you want two or more toons to have the same crafting discipline?

> @"Jura.2170" said:

> >Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

> > If they were account-wide, no characters other than the first to complete the Discipline could earn XP from leveling Crafting.

>

> Why would you want two or more toons to have the same crafting discipline?

If you’re a new player and don’t have tomes of knowledge then crafting can be a way to get a few fast levels.

> @"Jura.2170" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > If they were account-wide, no characters other than the first to complete the Discipline could earn XP from leveling Crafting.

>

I have ten 400 jewelers just to get the easy levels from the crafting XP.

> @"Jura.2170" said:

>

There are times I don't want to hunt and find that one character who has is maxed in "X."

I'm also one of those people who enjoy leveling characters. I have a limited number characters, less than 10 Tomes and no current Make-over kits so if I want to change race, gender, or profession I have to delete a character. I don't care about the birthday/anniversary gifts, I'm here to have fun.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> If they were account-wide, no characters other than the first to complete the Discipline could earn XP from leveling Crafting.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Jura.2170" said:

> > >Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

> > > If they were account-wide, no characters other than the first to complete the Discipline could earn XP from leveling Crafting.

> >

> > Why would you want two or more toons to have the same crafting discipline?

>

> If you’re a new player and don’t have tomes of knowledge then crafting can be a way to get a few fast levels.

>

>

And with most everything else being BY ACCOUNT that is a dumb reason. If you're a new player and don't have a ton of tomes, maybe you should be playing the game and learning the class instead of trying to skip that by playing skinner boxes for XP.

Maybe then people would know what combo fields, CC, and trait synergies are.

Also, it's stupid with crafting making SOULBOUND items still (looking at you [20-slot Pact Box](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/20-Slot_Equipment_Pact_Box) and my inability to transfer you from my Mesmer to a character I am actively playing now). I should not have to level a crafting to 400 _on every character_ just to be able to use an ACCOUNT WIDE recipe.

What do 'skinner boxes' have to do with Crafting Disciplines?

Obviously, you weren't here at launch. Crafting was very much a way to finish off leveling, or start leveling, or level a character completely to 80.

There were no Tomes of Knowledge back then.

Again, features that have been coded into the game since inception may not be that easy to change.

> @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

>

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"Jura.2170" said:

> > > >Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

> > > > If they were account-wide, no characters other than the first to complete the Discipline could earn XP from leveling Crafting.

> > >

> > > Why would you want two or more toons to have the same crafting discipline?

> >

> > If you’re a new player and don’t have tomes of knowledge then crafting can be a way to get a few fast levels.

> >

> >

>

> And with most everything else being BY ACCOUNT that is a dumb reason. If you're a new player and don't have a ton of tomes, maybe you should be playing the game and learning the class instead of trying to skip that by playing skinner boxes for XP.

>

> Maybe then people would know what combo fields, CC, and trait synergies are.

>

> Also, it's stupid with crafting making SOULBOUND items still (looking at you [20-slot Pact Box](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/20-Slot_Equipment_Pact_Box) and my inability to transfer you from my Mesmer to a character I am actively playing now). I should not have to level a crafting to 400 _on every character_ just to be able to use an ACCOUNT WIDE recipe.

If you’re playing the game you don’t need to level slowly to 80 by doing events and hearts to learn about combo fields. Lol. It’s possible to skip a few levels by crafting and still learn the mechanics of the game by the time you reach 80. At any rate, people are more likely to learn higher level game play in higher level post 80 PvE and SPvP than easy going core Tyria, pre level 80.

In addition, some people like to craft their own gear and start from the beginning of the crafting instead of having everything already known. immersion you know.