Heal Scourge Builds Difference

DarkXi.3289

Hey, guys! Newbie here.

Played this game for a while now, did some raids, have some characters fully equipped with ascended.... But I don't have a healer. And to start with, never played a necro.

Looked into Heal Firebrand, Druid, Tempest, Rev and didn't really like them too much. I've seen some guys doing really well with Heal Scourge on T4 fractals and CMs and I went to SnowCrows to see some builds for raids (that's what I am prioritizing rn). All they have is a Marshal's/Shaman's build with Rune of the Flock. Does it lack DPS or can you not hit like a wet noodle while healing? From what I get, it's a strong build but I wanted to ask those of you who have tried different builds on healing scourge, what are you running?

I've seen some guys on YT running full PlagueDoctor to push some more DPS and vitality, Magi with Mercy runes for full healing and keeping your team alive, if I'm not wrong with those.

Even though my main target is to get a healing raid build running here, I'd like to use it in fractals as well. Is Mar/Sha pumping much more healing than PD (I mean, could you tell the difference) or are those healing stats not that important and I could get away with getting more DPS in? From what I gathered, Scourge gets his protection from predicting enemies attacks and getting barriers up (which are not heals and are not influenced by healing stats, I think?).

What are your thoughts on this?

I have been playing heal scourge as a main toon for a while now.

When my guild was first starting to learn strike missions, I used a full Magi build with Mercy runes for hardcore carrying. Max healing, super reviving, and not much else.

Now, as my guildmates have learned and improved their toons and tactics, I have switched to the Marshal-Shaman hybrid build to add some DPS. The quantitative difference shows in the slightly smaller numbers on my heals and barriers, but qualitatively, I have no problems sustaining the group and keeping people up with the hybrid build, and the extra DPS has been helpful. As a fun extra, since my usual group includes some condi builds, I load Epidemic to share their wealth in Cold War, Fraenir, and the bears. Trash reduction via Epidemic is part of my support role, especially in Cold War.

As for boon duration, the only boons a heal scourge has are might, some regen, and a little stability, all of which are provided and maintained better by other classes in my usual group. Therefore I don't bother with boon duration; I focus on doing what I do best, which is healing power for sustain.

Hope that helps.

> @"DarkXi.3289" said:

> That's respectable. Is it worth trying to push for some boon uptime just for some regeneration and might?

For 10 man content? No, as you have other people doing the boons anyways.

The hybrid version is mainly for epidemic reasons. Bosses where epidemic is good to clear adds, you should play this version, else epi isn't doing anything

> @"DarkXi.3289" said:

> That's respectable. Is it worth trying to push for some boon uptime just for some regeneration and might?

Necro is penalized for investing in Concentration. Never do it, not even with consumables. Necro is designed to generate sufficient might by itself and/or rely on other professions for boons.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > @"DarkXi.3289" said:

> > That's respectable. Is it worth trying to push for some boon uptime just for some regeneration and might?

>

> Necro is penalized for investing in Concentration. Never do it, not even with consumables. Necro is designed to generate sufficient might by itself and/or rely on other professions for boons.

I agree if you're the second healer, the backup of a druid or fb/ren.

If you're alone in fractals ( First, Why play healscourge in fractals :# ) you want some concentration to maintain the mights.

Plus I doubt about the 10-12k DPS, I've never seen these numbers on a Healscourge (joke, even on some DPS scourge). 6-8k seems more appropriate, and to me it's negligible to sacrifice statistics if you can maintain the very last 25th might for all.; and why not fury or other if you play a bit more specific builds with runes of pack etc.

If you want to heal PLEASE go for full magi with mery runes and dagger, delicous rice balls and bountifull maintenance oil as food and utility. Not only do you rezz players with 100% of their health, you also will have stronger barrier and your transfusion will tick for almost double the amount. The damage increase from shaman/marshal or plaguedoctor will be worth nothing if your team is dead.

> @"DirtyDan.4759" said:

> If you want to heal PLEASE go for full magi with mery runes and dagger, delicous rice balls and bountifull maintenance oil as food and utility. Not only do you rezz players with 100% of their health, you also will have stronger barrier and your transfusion will tick for almost double the amount. The damage increase from shaman/marshal or plaguedoctor will be worth nothing if your team is dead.

I have a magi template and I never use it. You are right with the healing potential but when I need that, then my team is usually that bad in all possible aspects (even dealing constant damage instead of dying 247), that 10k damage on my side have an even greater impact in the fight than with a decent team (where in return 10k more damage would not matter).

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"DirtyDan.4759" said:

> > If you want to heal PLEASE go for full magi with mery runes and dagger, delicous rice balls and bountifull maintenance oil as food and utility. Not only do you rezz players with 100% of their health, you also will have stronger barrier and your transfusion will tick for almost double the amount. The damage increase from shaman/marshal or plaguedoctor will be worth nothing if your team is dead.

> I have a magi template and I never use it. You are right with the healing potential but when I need that, then my team is usually that bad in all possible aspects (even dealing constant damage instead of dying 247), that 10k damage on my side have an even greater impact in the fight than with a decent team (where in return 10k more damage would not matter).

I made a package of Magi armor and have never unpacked it. It is waiting for a group so bad that even my Shaman's set does not heal enough. Scourge's problem is that it can only be a secondary healer. It does not bring quite enough buffs or damage to be allowed a full support slot.

Now that the game modes are split, I would like to see Scourge condi-dps increased back toward where it was at PoF release. That would allow Scourge to be more legitimate in full condi gear so that players can trade some damage for smaller barriers or more damage for large barriers depending on the group need.

I like that Arenanet increased the barrier scaling on healing and want to see scaling increased for condition damage in PvE, too. That would open up a range of practical uses for Scourge.