Utility durations

> @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> There are some 1 hour versions but it is not for every utility type unfortunately.

Most of the relevant ones for WvW lack 1 hour duration sadly.

> Maybe it's time for ascended utilities? The stations have been a meme for so long that we ought to have something more practical.

I mean I am all for it but idk what they'd really do beyond just more stats.

> There are some 1 hour versions but it is not for every utility type unfortunately.

>

> Maybe it's time for ascended utilities? The stations have been a meme for so long that we ought to have something more practical.

The stations are fine, but they really need a serious cost reduction, then you'll see people using them more.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > There are some 1 hour versions but it is not for every utility type unfortunately.

> >

> > Maybe it's time for ascended utilities? The stations have been a meme for so long that we ought to have something more practical.

>

> The stations are fine, but they really need a serious cost reduction, then you'll see people using them more.

I mean for PvE ye

There aren't really any good ones for WvW tho, above 90% stuff isn't amazing there and the other ones are only for the super cheap stuff (that has 1 hour versions)

> @"lodjur.1284" said:

> > There are some 1 hour versions but it is not for every utility type unfortunately.

>

> Most of the relevant ones for WvW lack 1 hour duration sadly.

Yea. very aware of this. We mostly only have it for the generic superior types but they are not good for most builds.

>

> > Maybe it's time for ascended utilities? The stations have been a meme for so long that we ought to have something more practical.

>

> I mean I am all for it but idk what they'd really do beyond just more stats.

Well, to me it's more for the extra duration as well as ability to share. Ascended food is affordable enough that people spam it everywhere so everyone benefits. Yes. the extra stats is nice too.

But it doesn't have to be ascended; just station versions of all existing utility items would be nice, but it just seems like that's the direction we would go with.

> > @"lodjur.1284" said:

> > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > > There are some 1 hour versions but it is not for every utility type unfortunately.

> >

> > Most of the relevant ones for WvW lack 1 hour duration sadly.

>

> Yea. very aware of this. We mostly only have it for the generic superior types but they are not good for most builds.

>

Ye exactly, the power one is the only that is ever really relevant and even then for most builds furious is a bit better.

> >

> > > Maybe it's time for ascended utilities? The stations have been a meme for so long that we ought to have something more practical.

> >

> > I mean I am all for it but idk what they'd really do beyond just more stats.

>

> Well, to me it's more for the extra duration as well as ability to share. Ascended food is affordable enough that people spam it everywhere so everyone benefits. Yes. the extra stats is nice too.

Personally I don't really care about the sharing part as far as util goes as people generally have quite different ones they need, but I am not against it either, more options is always nice

But ye 1 hour would be so nice so you dont have to try to remember to two different timers (even if they line up)

> But it doesn't have to be ascended; just station versions of all existing utility items would be nice, but it just seems like that's the direction we would go with.

I guess we do have the movement speed, 150 toughness and 10% chance on hit for weakness and stuff as far as special effects go.

> @"Lumikki.1725" said:

> Why not give game option where you can choose. Eat automaticly same food what you have now eaten, when the timer ends, if more of it exist in bags.

Would be even better, felt less realistic, but I am completely in favor of such a system

> @"lodjur.1284" said:

> > > @"lodjur.1284" said:

> > > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

>

> Personally I don't really care about the sharing part as far as util goes as people generally have quite different ones they need, but I am not against it either, more options is always nice

Well, a lot of people don't even use consumables at all. Though I guess how much that helps in these cases really varies.

I personally prefer Magnanimous w/e just because it's a good way to get rid of t7s and coincidentally happens to be one of the better choices for me anyways. The normal maintenance oil is horrid-- precision for supports?

I think for the level of ingredients you need for EACH food is intense. For example, TWO dough ball for EACH red saobosa - that's 4 stick of butter for ONE item like I'm surprised we're not all dead of heart disease ^^ and also for 30 min? Bad. All buffs should be an hour anyway, tbh.

> @"keenedge.9675" said:

> Ascended utilities would be a good card up the sleeve for Jewel 500 crafting.

Jeweler would be kind of an odd choice tbf, scribe or artificing (or separate for each kind) is what would fit the best

> Remember, they did give us a FREE method for making utility primers.

If you mean the flask of utility primer then not really...

Otherwise I am very curious as this is the first I heard about it

I have so many consumables I would never get rid of them at 1Hr.

I tend to sell them (not on the TP) for a loss just to get some money back. I know it's inefficient, but I need more than one character with maxed crafting professions.

I really like the idea of having the option for automatic renewals for the same consumable in your inventory.