BAN THE DAMN BOTS

Shortage.5427

HOLY FREAK ARENANET get your s**t together, I have reported COUNTLESS bots in pvp and THEY ARE STILL in the game season after seaon. How on earth can a 2k ap player, no guild, no tittle play 24/7 pvp ranked? Add something to prevent bots from queing, the amount of frustration you are putting to the actual players is insane. Seriously get your s**t together. If the report button is as good as useless then remove it, don't give ME and YOU the delusion that there is going to be a change in this, because so far there hasn't been any.

Yeah it's getting ridiculous. Ranked Conquest is starting to remind me of what happened to Jade Quarry pvp in Guild Wars. Full of bots and nothing was ever done to quell the issue. Makes me regret choosing this route for Legendary armor. Way too frustrating when the only source of Ascended Shards of Glory is nearly endless ranked grinding filled with bots.

Easiest way is stop playing and stop supporting them, would you honestly give money to someone that just take's it from you but never actually does anything about the issues you have given them money to resolve ? Its simple. If they refuse to police their own game and actually make it competitive or actively scan for these individuals that are causing the issues that so many people, myself included have repeatedly reported. Don't give them the satisfaction of taking you're hard earned money and laughing at you while they do it! Remember that one pvp guy in the back of the room! Then they all laughed. Speaks volumes if you ask me.

> @"skillze.7689" said:

> Easiest way is stop playing and stop supporting them, would you honestly give money to someone that just take's it from you but never actually does anything about the issues you have given them money to resolve ? Its simple. If they refuse to police their own game and actually make it competitive or actively scan for these individuals that are causing the issues that so many people, myself included have repeatedly reported. Don't give them the satisfaction of taking you're hard earned money and laughing at you while they do it! Remember that one pvp guy in the back of the room! Then they all laughed. Speaks volumes if you ask me.

This^100%

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"skillze.7689" said:

> > Easiest way is stop playing and stop supporting them, would you honestly give money to someone that just take's it from you but never actually does anything about the issues you have given them money to resolve ? Its simple. If they refuse to police their own game and actually make it competitive or actively scan for these individuals that are causing the issues that so many people, myself included have repeatedly reported. Don't give them the satisfaction of taking you're hard earned money and laughing at you while they do it! Remember that one pvp guy in the back of the room! Then they all laughed. Speaks volumes if you ask me.

>

> This^100%

Yeah, so that's why pvp has been on life support since they failed in e-sports. We are that 'one pvp guy', and I bet no one would notice if that 'one guy' left.

> @"ollbirtan.2915" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"skillze.7689" said:

> > > Easiest way is stop playing and stop supporting them, would you honestly give money to someone that just take's it from you but never actually does anything about the issues you have given them money to resolve ? Its simple. If they refuse to police their own game and actually make it competitive or actively scan for these individuals that are causing the issues that so many people, myself included have repeatedly reported. Don't give them the satisfaction of taking you're hard earned money and laughing at you while they do it! Remember that one pvp guy in the back of the room! Then they all laughed. Speaks volumes if you ask me.

> >

> > This^100%

>

> Yeah, so that's why pvp has been on life support since they failed in e-sports. We are that 'one pvp guy', and I bet no one would notice if that 'one guy' left.

Thing is, the lack of population shows that its not just "ONE GUY" so this arguement means nothing. I totally understand the point you are making but with all the players thats left in the population you think they are going to enjoy getting paid by these bots the are protecting so dearly ?

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"skillze.7689" said:

> > > Easiest way is stop playing and stop supporting them, would you honestly give money to someone that just take's it from you but never actually does anything about the issues you have given them money to resolve ? Its simple. If they refuse to police their own game and actually make it competitive or actively scan for these individuals that are causing the issues that so many people, myself included have repeatedly reported. Don't give them the satisfaction of taking you're hard earned money and laughing at you while they do it! Remember that one pvp guy in the back of the room! Then they all laughed. Speaks volumes if you ask me.

> >

> > This^100%

>

> Yeah, so that's why pvp has been on life support since they failed in e-sports. We are that 'one pvp guy', and I bet no one would notice if that 'one guy' left.

Well yeah since then pvp hasn't been flourishing per say but the population has been at least ok during certain times. Now there's more bots than active players unfortunately.

> @"skillze.7689" said:

> > @"ollbirtan.2915" said:

> > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > @"skillze.7689" said:

> > > > Easiest way is stop playing and stop supporting them, would you honestly give money to someone that just take's it from you but never actually does anything about the issues you have given them money to resolve ? Its simple. If they refuse to police their own game and actually make it competitive or actively scan for these individuals that are causing the issues that so many people, myself included have repeatedly reported. Don't give them the satisfaction of taking you're hard earned money and laughing at you while they do it! Remember that one pvp guy in the back of the room! Then they all laughed. Speaks volumes if you ask me.

> > >

> > > This^100%

> >

> > Yeah, so that's why pvp has been on life support since they failed in e-sports. We are that 'one pvp guy', and I bet no one would notice if that 'one guy' left.

>

> Thing is, the lack of population shows that its not just "ONE GUY" so this arguement means nothing. I totally understand the point you are making but with all the players thats left in the population you think they are going to enjoy getting paid by these bots the are protecting so dearly ?

The point I was making is that anet won't care if pvp got erased. The majority of money comes from pve and shinies...and very few pvers will ever want to step foot in pvp...Maybe some to get that legi shiny...then they are gone again.

And speaking about pve, anet hasn't been very strong on that front recently either....so...it's either the game is gonna /qq soon, or they are really working sooooooo hard on that 3rd expansion that was promised.....Like you know...when they promised WvW alliances, yeah?

> > > @"ollbirtan.2915" said:

> > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > @"skillze.7689" said:

> > > > > Easiest way is stop playing and stop supporting them, would you honestly give money to someone that just take's it from you but never actually does anything about the issues you have given them money to resolve ? Its simple. If they refuse to police their own game and actually make it competitive or actively scan for these individuals that are causing the issues that so many people, myself included have repeatedly reported. Don't give them the satisfaction of taking you're hard earned money and laughing at you while they do it! Remember that one pvp guy in the back of the room! Then they all laughed. Speaks volumes if you ask me.

> > > >

> > > > This^100%

> > >

> > > Yeah, so that's why pvp has been on life support since they failed in e-sports. We are that 'one pvp guy', and I bet no one would notice if that 'one guy' left.

> >

> > Thing is, the lack of population shows that its not just "ONE GUY" so this arguement means nothing. I totally understand the point you are making but with all the players thats left in the population you think they are going to enjoy getting paid by these bots the are protecting so dearly ?

>

> The point I was making is that anet won't care if pvp got erased. The majority of money comes from pve and shinies...and very few pvers will ever want to step foot in pvp...Maybe some to get that legi shiny...then they are gone again.

> And speaking about pve, anet hasn't been very strong on that front recently either....so...it's either the game is gonna /qq soon, or they are really working sooooooo hard on that 3rd expansion that was promised.....Like you know...when they promised WvW alliances, yeah?

Agree 100%

> > > @"ollbirtan.2915" said:

> > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > @"skillze.7689" said:

> > > > > Easiest way is stop playing and stop supporting them, would you honestly give money to someone that just take's it from you but never actually does anything about the issues you have given them money to resolve ? Its simple. If they refuse to police their own game and actually make it competitive or actively scan for these individuals that are causing the issues that so many people, myself included have repeatedly reported. Don't give them the satisfaction of taking you're hard earned money and laughing at you while they do it! Remember that one pvp guy in the back of the room! Then they all laughed. Speaks volumes if you ask me.

> > > >

> > > > This^100%

> > >

> > > Yeah, so that's why pvp has been on life support since they failed in e-sports. We are that 'one pvp guy', and I bet no one would notice if that 'one guy' left.

> >

> > Thing is, the lack of population shows that its not just "ONE GUY" so this arguement means nothing. I totally understand the point you are making but with all the players thats left in the population you think they are going to enjoy getting paid by these bots the are protecting so dearly ?

>

> The point I was making is that anet won't care if pvp got erased. The majority of money comes from pve and shinies...and very few pvers will ever want to step foot in pvp...Maybe some to get that legi shiny...then they are gone again.

> And speaking about pve, anet hasn't been very strong on that front recently either....so...it's either the game is gonna /qq soon, or they are really working sooooooo hard on that 3rd expansion that was promised.....Like you know...when they promised WvW alliances, yeah?

Pvp got erased years ago, when people started to make a mockery by selling monthly's and even compounded the problem after arenanet gave in and let the same players back into the game to continue exploiting the leaderboards and what's even worse is that most of the community that watch these players that where involed in this fiasco are still playing/streaming to this day and the pvp community actively encourage it by supporting them.

> @"Swicke.7685" said:

> Yeah it's getting ridiculous. Ranked Conquest is starting to remind me of what happened to Jade Quarry pvp in Guild Wars. Full of bots and nothing was ever done to quell the issue. Makes me regret choosing this route for Legendary armor. Way too frustrating when the only source of Ascended Shards of Glory is nearly endless ranked grinding filled with bots.

I read everyones posts, so I general I am somewhat replying to all, to further the discussion of bots plaueging spvp. Obviously, spvp is the place for solo players to start working on their legi armour, backpack or to just simply make some gold. I haven't given ArenaNet money since the Icebrood Saga incident, even thought I had bought the "season pass" type thing after that I haven't given them any money, for that very reason that they hadn't done anything to fix this mess on pvp.

The most insane thing about this bot issue is that the bots are using macros, macros in gw2 is extremely OP because it gives the bot the abillity to not INSTATLY, but ULTIMATELY NUKE you in mere mili-seconds. There is no point in ambusing, because bots react instantly and there is simply no way to counter it, unless you move around or jump in objects that the bot has no pathing for it. Is it so difficult to add a captcha before queing? Yes this is super stupid suggestion but at this point absolutely anything would acceptable over this. There is a tone of ways to counter these bots and they just don't care, like they don't even see this freaking issue, like turn their focus elsewhere.

I wish ArenaNet would stop ridiculing us and themselves, this is comming for a player with 2,6k hours and it truly hurts. If I didn't gave a freak I wouldn't even bother sharing my thoughts , I would've moved on, on another MMO, but I care damnit and so should Anet. Fuck.

first thing Anet can do to stop bots and match manipulators is to remove free accounts from accessing Rankedfree account gives them the experience of GW2 PvP, which they can already experience in Unranked

Also, we need a jail system, if a player was reported by 4 or more players in two matches, be that bot, idling, match manipulation, they will automatically be thrown into an arena where they will duke it out amongst themselves, while us the goodie goodie players gets to observe and throw egg at them, until Anet reviews their application for release, where they will be placed in front of a panel of juries (players) to decide whether he will be perma banned or not.

Sorry but botters are people who have put money into the game too. They wont be banned because they have been accepted by anet. Without bots then the "top" lol players wouldn't have anything to steamroll in ranked at 2am with no one else on.

Bots will be here forever just like how they were a virus that started in Guild Wars 1 and now it's more bots then players. That's how GW2 will go.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Abyssisis.3971" said:

> > Might as well just download a bot and use it since anet doesn’t care.

>

> Funny thing is due to the gbage ranking system and how dependent rank is on ur teammates ur bot could actually finish at a higher rank than u lol.

Last 2 seasons I’ve had 70% win rate using condi ranger, currently 10% with using the same build. It’s been years since I’ve lost so many matches, but when looking at the players I’m being teamed with and the amount of rating I’m losing in each match, it’s clear there are more and more offline accounts playing the game as time goes by. I can carry one bot, but two or more is basically an instant lose if they aren’t Mesmer bots with their skill Marcos spam. Fun times. Lol