Unidentified Gear & Profit

Its been quite some time from the last time anyone asked this question, so i wanted to know your current opinion, handling,...

What would you say is the best way to make profit out of Unidentified Gear?

Open & salvage?

Open & sell

just sell or just salvage

any differences in handling them between yellow, blue and green ?

I think it used to be selling them was the most profitable? But not sure if that still is the case (or even was). Personally I'm not bothered about min-maxing every coin so I just open all and hope occasionally yellow gives me an exotic once in a while. Green and blue I salvage with the copper-fed, yellow I use the silver-fed (which might not be cost effective but I've got it so might as well use it)

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > Is the question below 300% Magic find or at 300% Magic find ?

>

> Do not matter since magic find only affect if you get blue, green or yellow when droped by monsters.

> It don not in any way effect when you identify them anymore.

Linken is correct, Magic find will not effect the outcome of salvaging an item.

Personally, I do what WDBoldstar's said.

Making a profit?

I'd say, open and salvage Blue/Green for a chance at Yellow/Orange

Sell Yellow unopened.

Given the prices at the moment. Yellow gear is worth ~12-15s (With Greatswords and Reclaimed weapons worth ~30-40s) and Unidentified are worth 16s. Opening has the higher potential payout, from getting Greatswords/Reclaimed/Exotics but the more consistent profit would be unopened.

Also, Ectos are down to around 14-16s these days, so salvaging Yellows is less profitable.

What I actually do though is open everything, salvage Blues/Greens and recently I've been selling Yellows due to capping my storage of Ectos and their recent price drop (Back when they were 20-22s I was salvaging Yellows and cheap Exotics)