Death's Retreat is useless

lpgfou.5327

> @Turk.5460 said:

> Lowering the Initiative cost by 1 alone would see a huge increase in this skill's use. On top of that a better vertical port would be helpful (or remove its ability to shadowstep vertically altogether). As it stands, you have to try to aim your Death's Retreat to have the very edge of whatever ledge you are porting to be right around the max range of the port. It's difficult to gauge when there is no red/green circle as there are with SS or IA.

I've been able to gauge it most places by doing top down camera angle, my range for being able to port topographically or over a wall or something is just a little bit short of my camera range at max zoom. The skills facing is better, but knowing where you're going to land is still unreliable, it's mostly an ejection seat skill.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > @Kallist.5917 said:

> > Ive not had any issues with it since the last update. Kneeling 2, stand , 4, 2, kneeling 2. it works fine. Ive used it in every environment I can think of at this point.

>

> Bigger question is can you go up hills?

Yeah, so long as there is a spot 600 units away that can be walked to. I also tested it on stairs.