How do Legendary Runes and Sigils work in Legendary-Armory?

With Legendary-Armory in the work there is a simple question:

How do Legendary-Runes and -Sigils work in the Armory?

Currently we need 6 Runes + 1 for the Aqua-Breather (that isnt available in Legendary) and 4 Sigils + 4 for underwater-weapons.

So do we need 7 Legendary-Runes and 8 -Sigils in total or are Runes and Sigils handled completly diffrent?

Are there any official informations already?

Last dev post on it I remember is [here](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/100933/legendary-equipment-and-templates/p1), though players have discussed it [quite a bit](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/search?Search=legendary+armory) since then.

EDIT: This doesn't exactly answer your question either, but devs in May said: _First, thanks to all of you for your input. Your strong reaction and feedback showed us that this would be a worthwhile addition to the game and we can’t wait to get it to you. We’re excited to be able to make you a part of development early on for this feature, and in the coming months we’ll be sharing updates as we move through the implementation process._

We may not hear anything more until the day the feature is released, so for now it's just waiting and hoping.

Would be interesting to know for sure. I am working on my first of 6 runes now. Since my main is engineer I would be making just two sigils to start. But I do have other legendaries I’m looking at. Just wish we had a timeframe or some kind of update, cause if it was two-months time, I could be working on a weapon now instead of runes. Then I’d know for sure when it’s release or more info.

> @"Zaoda.1653" said:

> I'd like to know how they'll work too. Do we just need to unlock 1 legendary sigil and 1 legendary rune.

Per armor piece you want to use at the same time. Its like if you want to use two legendary swords or daggers. You will need one of each to use at the same time. Even more if you weapon swap into a different configuration.

> @"Chelu.2095" said:

> With Legendary-Armory in the work there is a simple question:

>

> How do Legendary-Runes and -Sigils work in the Armory?

>

> Currently we need 6 Runes + 1 for the Aqua-Breather (that isnt available in Legendary) and 4 Sigils + 4 for underwater-weapons.

>

> So do we need 7 Legendary-Runes and 8 -Sigils in total or are Runes and Sigils handled completly diffrent?

>

> Are there any official informations already?

Imagine how templates work now. If you have your equipment on a different loadout you can see it available to equip on all your loadouts. The difference is that legendaries will be visible to all characters in all their templates. You will need all those sigils and runes and multiple one handed legendaries of the same type if that is what you want to use on a loadout.

Expect some sorta cashshop trap. The entire announcement sounded like vaporware to judge interest to see if development would have a RoI. Judging by the backtrack of saying it is in early development instead of a upcoming feature, I fear it has met the same fate as alliances. Anet prove me wrong.