Upcoming Balance Notes

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The speed of synergy change is a huge nerf. Not only can they blast far more often than they can heal, but you're forcing them to waste their heal to access their super speed.

This class is already underperforming in **evrey game mode** but WvW. Their suprespeed is a big part of what gives them their niche, and you're nerfing it.

This change needs to be scrapped. If you're going to nerf them in WvW, they're going to need significant buffs elsewhere, otherwise you're just beating a dead spec.

I think shades are fine as they are, in terms of WvW. Having shades pulsing their effects around players will force a more pirateship playstyle which is boring af, because no matter how much you bait a bomb, if you push melee, you'll still have to deal with the high f5 dmg around the necros for example (which imo is unrewarding gameplay). I prefer the thrill of being able to push melee and it is more punishing for necros that fail to keep up the pressure when the enemy hard pushes. If shades are a problem for other game modes as they are, is it possible to make it work differently for different game modes?

> @"TidalTrident.4013" said:

> I think shades are fine as they are, in terms of WvW. Having shades pulsing their effects around players will force a more pirateship playstyle which is boring af, because no matter how much you bait a bomb, if you push melee, you'll still have to deal with the high f5 dmg around the necros for example (which imo is unrewarding gameplay). I prefer the thrill of being able to push melee and it is more punishing for necros that fail to keep up the pressure when the enemy hard pushes. If shades are a problem for other game modes as they are, is it possible to make it work differently for different game modes?

You miss the problem that the necromancer no longer has crippling on their shades. That was removed with the last update. If anything the shade pulse will not deter melee from pushing in at all. If there is still a problem, its Sand savant. Also, Desert shroud is not very high damage. its pretty low, its just the necromancer supplements that damage with their own pressure from their skills since its effectively a free cast.

> @"Lily.1935" said:

> > @"TidalTrident.4013" said:

> > I think shades are fine as they are, in terms of WvW. Having shades pulsing their effects around players will force a more pirateship playstyle which is boring af, because no matter how much you bait a bomb, if you push melee, you'll still have to deal with the high f5 dmg around the necros for example (which imo is unrewarding gameplay). I prefer the thrill of being able to push melee and it is more punishing for necros that fail to keep up the pressure when the enemy hard pushes. If shades are a problem for other game modes as they are, is it possible to make it work differently for different game modes?

>

> You miss the problem that the necromancer no longer has crippling on their shades. That was removed with the last update. If anything the shade pulse will not deter melee from pushing in at all. If there is still a problem, its Sand savant. Also, Desert shroud is not very high damage. its pretty low, its just the necromancer supplements that damage with their own pressure from their skills since its effectively a free cast.

Cripple is a pretty inconsequential condi when it's cleansed by scrappers so often. Cripple on shades wasn't the problem at all, and that being gone while double shades are coming back will put us exactly where we were before.

I just love the revenant posted updates. Fixed issue, fixed issue, fixed issue, seven shot now paths to target and reduced sustain. Haha.

On that note. Please fix the following issues.

revert hammer skill 2 back to paths to target. The point and fire is to clunky for a #2 weapon skill. Also please make jalis stone path an area around you or cone shape infront of player.

While your at it. Make renegade skills Aoe’s or Wells or something other than killable minions with high energy costs and long recharge rates.

> @"CutesySylveon.8290" said:

> > @"Lily.1935" said:

> > > @"TidalTrident.4013" said:

> > > I think shades are fine as they are, in terms of WvW. Having shades pulsing their effects around players will force a more pirateship playstyle which is boring af, because no matter how much you bait a bomb, if you push melee, you'll still have to deal with the high f5 dmg around the necros for example (which imo is unrewarding gameplay). I prefer the thrill of being able to push melee and it is more punishing for necros that fail to keep up the pressure when the enemy hard pushes. If shades are a problem for other game modes as they are, is it possible to make it work differently for different game modes?

> >

> > You miss the problem that the necromancer no longer has crippling on their shades. That was removed with the last update. If anything the shade pulse will not deter melee from pushing in at all. If there is still a problem, its Sand savant. Also, Desert shroud is not very high damage. its pretty low, its just the necromancer supplements that damage with their own pressure from their skills since its effectively a free cast.

>

> Cripple is a pretty inconsequential condi when it's cleansed by scrappers so often. Cripple on shades wasn't the problem at all, and that being gone while double shades are coming back will put us exactly where we were before.

One fewer cover conditions is a big deal. Especially on pulse. When I did WvW in Scourge's prime, it was the biggest factor.

> @"Lily.1935" said:

> > @"CutesySylveon.8290" said:

> > > @"Lily.1935" said:

> > > > @"TidalTrident.4013" said:

> > > > I think shades are fine as they are, in terms of WvW. Having shades pulsing their effects around players will force a more pirateship playstyle which is boring af, because no matter how much you bait a bomb, if you push melee, you'll still have to deal with the high f5 dmg around the necros for example (which imo is unrewarding gameplay). I prefer the thrill of being able to push melee and it is more punishing for necros that fail to keep up the pressure when the enemy hard pushes. If shades are a problem for other game modes as they are, is it possible to make it work differently for different game modes?

> > >

> > > You miss the problem that the necromancer no longer has crippling on their shades. That was removed with the last update. If anything the shade pulse will not deter melee from pushing in at all. If there is still a problem, its Sand savant. Also, Desert shroud is not very high damage. its pretty low, its just the necromancer supplements that damage with their own pressure from their skills since its effectively a free cast.

> >

> > Cripple is a pretty inconsequential condi when it's cleansed by scrappers so often. Cripple on shades wasn't the problem at all, and that being gone while double shades are coming back will put us exactly where we were before.

>

> One fewer cover conditions is a big deal. Especially on pulse. When I did WvW in Scourge's prime, it was the biggest factor.

The biggest factor in scourges prime was actually a lot of things. Higher damage, lower CD, stronger trait synergy before scourge specific nerfs happened, all F skills were instant cast with no visual indicator, and everything was both at range and melee at all times. Cripple was the least of what made scourge powerful. I actually quit all PvP in the game for a while because of how bad scourge was.

> @"CutesySylveon.8290" said:

> > @"Lily.1935" said:

> > > @"CutesySylveon.8290" said:

> > > > @"Lily.1935" said:

> > > > > @"TidalTrident.4013" said:

> > > > > I think shades are fine as they are, in terms of WvW. Having shades pulsing their effects around players will force a more pirateship playstyle which is boring af, because no matter how much you bait a bomb, if you push melee, you'll still have to deal with the high f5 dmg around the necros for example (which imo is unrewarding gameplay). I prefer the thrill of being able to push melee and it is more punishing for necros that fail to keep up the pressure when the enemy hard pushes. If shades are a problem for other game modes as they are, is it possible to make it work differently for different game modes?

> > > >

> > > > You miss the problem that the necromancer no longer has crippling on their shades. That was removed with the last update. If anything the shade pulse will not deter melee from pushing in at all. If there is still a problem, its Sand savant. Also, Desert shroud is not very high damage. its pretty low, its just the necromancer supplements that damage with their own pressure from their skills since its effectively a free cast.

> > >

> > > Cripple is a pretty inconsequential condi when it's cleansed by scrappers so often. Cripple on shades wasn't the problem at all, and that being gone while double shades are coming back will put us exactly where we were before.

> >

> > One fewer cover conditions is a big deal. Especially on pulse. When I did WvW in Scourge's prime, it was the biggest factor.

>

> The biggest factor in scourges prime was actually a lot of things. Higher damage, lower CD, stronger trait synergy before scourge specific nerfs happened, all F skills were instant cast with no visual indicator, and everything was both at range and melee at all times. Cripple was the least of what made scourge powerful. I actually quit all PvP in the game for a while because of how bad scourge was.

While I don't agree that cripple was the least of what made scourge powerful back in the day, i do agree that more than just cripple made it powerful.

Cripple was a pretty big deal, though. Spending more time to try and escape a scourge's shade pulses due to moving slower from cripple meant taking more of their pulse hits, which meant more damage over time on you. Couple that with the corrupts and fear doing like 1k per tick, on top of mass torment/burn/bleed, and then you can add some chill from staff, and people just melted if they made so much as one mistake.

> @"YamiNoNeko.8739" said:

> I never thought I would be making a post on here but the condi nerf to weaver ins uncalled for, it is already hard to master and pull off correctly that nerfing it is basically spitting on all the condi weaver players when they have to work and with how hard it is to pull off the damage shouldn't be nerf is like you guys are just looking at the golem numbers and think you aren't dealing with a lot of mechanics on raids in order to execute it correctly.

>

> Is great that power is getting a bit of a buff but is also hard to play and pull but but not to the extend of condi weaver of course and damage it currently does doesn't reflect how hard is to master and how squishy and glass cannon the class is that power weaver should do more damage for being so glass cannon.

>

>

From all of my heart - AMEN for that. Playing as a glass cannon should mean both - being a glass and cannon.... Not only one - being a glass.

> @"Lily.1935" said:

> > @"TidalTrident.4013" said:

> > I think shades are fine as they are, in terms of WvW. Having shades pulsing their effects around players will force a more pirateship playstyle which is boring af, because no matter how much you bait a bomb, if you push melee, you'll still have to deal with the high f5 dmg around the necros for example (which imo is unrewarding gameplay). I prefer the thrill of being able to push melee and it is more punishing for necros that fail to keep up the pressure when the enemy hard pushes. If shades are a problem for other game modes as they are, is it possible to make it work differently for different game modes?

>

> You miss the problem that the necromancer no longer has crippling on their shades. That was removed with the last update. If anything the shade pulse will not deter melee from pushing in at all. If there is still a problem, its Sand savant. Also, Desert shroud is not very high damage. its pretty low, its just the necromancer supplements that damage with their own pressure from their skills since its effectively a free cast.

it is a good thing that they removed the cripple, scourges are already doing enough condis because they're corrupting like insane on top of the f1 condis.The extra cripple isn't needed to keep enemies in a spike. It is more healthy for wvw fights to promote co-ordinated spikes and ccs. Scourges shouldnt be able to do everything, now scourges do dmg (and they can still cc with fear and corrupts) but you have to also rely on allies to pull or immobilise in your bombs. Scourge still also hits like a truck, all dmg got nerfed, not just scourges. Scourge is perfectly fine as it is imo

> @"Dinko.4839" said:

> Hardly any nerf to absurd ranger damage. They can start firing at a range no one else can while still pumping out 3k auto attacks. If you get anywhere near them greatsword will smash you back down while their pet is a constant menace and dealer of high damage. Don't even consider trying to stomp one if you aren't a tanky class; their down state dmg is immense meanwhile their pet knocks you down constantly. Don't even get me started on the pet resurrecting the ranger. That's all even before you consider their immense toughness stats, making any burst class' life almost impossible.

> The easiest class in the game seems to be forever remaining the strongest in wvw roaming (along with thieves, being able to run out of combat at a moments notice) and yet STILL we see no nerf in sight.

> Shambolic to say the least.

Not sure if high end sarcasm here or low quality troll.

Ranger by definition should be the best at roaming, they are literally named for it and they bring nothing else to the table. Roaming is their role. But, if you encounter a good player on basically anything but Necro, you can still get wrecked pretty easily.

If you are being dominated by pets, you really need to do some more practice. Take a ranger and go test the pets in the special forces area. Put up a moving golem and sic the pet on it. You'll note that the dps is so low that they are really not that much of a threat if you have any awareness. But, if you completely ignore any profession mechanic, its probably going to be an issue for you. Anyway, the pet will actually give up after 15 minutes and _maybe_ 100,000 damage. That's around 110 dps. You can counter a pet with zero healing power Regeneration. And that's the Smokescale. I have watched a Jacaranda chase a golem around for 15 minutes straight and not hit it a single time. And that's WITH Beastmastery traited so they move 30% faster. Without that traitline, they are even worse.

To say they are a constant menace is to say you play worse than an automated golem that can only run in circles.

> @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> weaver is dead in guilds and almost unwanted in squads. Revs do the same amount of damage, while pushing boons like mad

> Scrappers with their bombs also push out massive damage, while bringing stealth.

>

> Balanced?

> Scrapper is prefered over tempest by many, if not most because you have to be an excellent tempest to outcleanse a decent scrapper - and the scrapper brings stealth and and gyros.

>

> Balanced?

>

> Warrior: gunflame hits for 22k

>

> Balanced?

>

> Thief: Vault 11k per hit.

>

> Balanced?

>

> Thief: Attack from stealth and if you do not succeed, just retreat into stealth. No risk, massive reward.

>

> Balanced?

>

> Mirages can keep 3,4 people busy and just retreat whenever they want.

>

> Balanced?

>

> So ANET HATES eles, and loves engi, warrior, guard, mesmer and thieves.

>

> Balanced?

>

> This patch is another bad joke. I request ANET FINALLY adressing the real problem classes once and for all.

>

> Which means: either reduce rev damage a lot, or their boon output. Reduce damage out of stealth. Make fleeing into stealth not a thing (by, for example, reducing speed by 80% and make the thief/mesmer unable to port with shadowstep etc). Hit scrapper with two nerf hammers.

I'm all for some ele buffs but realtalk, anyone who says weaver doesn't out-perform every other build/class in raw DPS and down generation is either willfully ignorant or (sorry not sorry) bad at playing staff ele in zergs. I get shit every time I say this and I expect to get at least a couple people calling me bigshot, saying I'm egotistical, arrogant, poking fun at me for having the courage to stand up to falsehood, but nah, staff weaver outperforms everything else right now if done correctly. It's more difficult in serious GVG scenarios where not landing a meteor shower results in a 60% loss of dps, but, for most situations, staff weaver is still king if you're good with it.

> @"Fire Attunement.9835" said:

>

> Quick comment, these release notes are not complete and in particular thief has more changes that we weren’t able to get localized for this early posting.

>

> ### Thief

> With this update, we're looking to improve condition builds in PvE while reducing more egregious condition builds in PvP and WvW.

>

> - Thousand Needles: Increased bleeding duration from 3 seconds to 5 seconds for both the impact and pulse attacks.

> - Shadow Strike: Repeater availability duration has been reduced from 4 to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.

I'm still waiting for these changes:

1. Pulmonary Impact: increase power coefficient from 0.75 to 0.90 in WvW and PvP.

2. Backstab: increase base power coefficient from 0.9 to 1.0. Increase flanking power coefficient from 1.8 to 2.0 in. (in WvW and PvP)

3. Malicious Backstab: keep the current base power coefficients.

4. Heartseeker: base power coefficients (in WvW and PvP):

- above 50%: 1.2

- below 50%: 1,5

- below 25%: 1,8.

Revealed should last **6 seconds** in WvW and PvP in order to balance the "stealth-hit-dodge-stealth" mechanic.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > Dps meters is ruining this game.

>

> class x doing 10% more dps then class y making y unviable is ruining every game. ppl need to chill tf out.

I am fine with 10% not OK with the current 33%.

> @"Fire Attunement.9835" said:

> - Rune of the Mirage: This rune set no longer grants 3 seconds of superspeed when using leap finishers, but instead grants 5 seconds of superspeed when using an elite skill. This effect has a cooldown of 10 seconds.

You still haven't corrected this: It's supposed to be Rune of the _Zephyrite_, not Rune of the Mirage.

> @"Gambit.9501" said:

> > @"Fire Attunement.9835" said:

> > - Rune of the Mirage: This rune set no longer grants 3 seconds of superspeed when using leap finishers, but instead grants 5 seconds of superspeed when using an elite skill. This effect has a cooldown of 10 seconds.

>

> You still haven't corrected this: It's supposed to be Rune of the _Zephyrite_, not Rune of the Mirage.

>

Is it right in game though?

I'm really happy with these notes.

ily anet thanx for nerfing grenades and not holo. However it's imho too soft a fix.

Nowadays the problem's with condition burst many-clones kill-you-during-the-pistol-daze mesmer. Also daze-on-steal confusion snake-poison-stacking barrage 2s kill condiburst thief. As well as some druid shortbow condiburst permaroot builds. Not to forget reventants which can heall back to full with glint heal, superspeed and CC aside from doing tonnes of damage (i'm looking at you condi mallyx). Not interactive. The rest is fine.

;3 anyway thanks, keep it up

Still waiting for the Prime ~~Wet Noodle~~ Light Beam buff

> @"Gambit.9501" said:

> > @"Fire Attunement.9835" said:

> > - Rune of the Mirage: This rune set no longer grants 3 seconds of superspeed when using leap finishers, but instead grants 5 seconds of superspeed when using an elite skill. This effect has a cooldown of 10 seconds.

>

> You still haven't corrected this: It's supposed to be Rune of the _Zephyrite_, not Rune of the Mirage.

>

They can't help it, they have Nerf Mirage in the brain still.