Discount on appearance packs when you own something in it.

I'm so frustrated right by the fact that I just bought the mistalker outfit only for them to release the appearance pack a week later.

I would love to have to cape and everything in the pack, but at this point I'd loose all the Gems i spent on the outfit.

I also bought the glider with the swords on it, and if I'd know that they'd release an appearance pack with a weapon skin and outfit with it, that too I would have bought.

There needs to be a system to discount these packs when you own one or more of the items in it.

Sorry for the rant.

Steam does this automatically if you try to buy a bundle (with/without discounts) and you already own part of it, Steam will automatically less that to the total cost all while maintaining the bundled pricing.

like what @"Friday.7864" said though, you can probably solve this with a support ticket, but it would also be really nice if we all didn't have to.

I feel like they should use vouchers that give you the option to select one of a number of items. Keep the outfit as a specific item but then the others become selectable. Specific outfit + weapon voucher to pick from list of weapons (or glider voucher, etc). Even the option to choose the mythic/onyx&gold/immortal.

These packages are not about saving gems, they're not a deal. The items rarely form a coherent set or concept. So what's the point. If they want people to pay that much I'd rather be getting stuff I'd actually want?

> @"Udolpho.1209" said:

> I feel like they should use vouchers that give you the option to select one of a number of items. Keep the outfit as a specific item but then the others become selectable. Specific outfit + weapon voucher to pick from list of weapons (or glider voucher, etc). Even the option to choose the mythic/onyx&gold/immortal.

>

> These packages are not about saving gems, they're not a deal. The items rarely form a coherent set or concept. So what's the point. If they want people to pay that much I'd rather be getting stuff I'd actually want?

>

Yeah, I feel like it's just a way of saying "hey you've been thinking about buying this, well how about we throw in these exclusive items you can only get together in this package with it?!"

> @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> Steam does this automatically if you try to buy a bundle (with/without discounts) and you already own part of it, Steam will automatically less that to the total cost all while maintaining the bundled pricing.

>

> like what @"Friday.7864" said though, you can probably solve this with a support ticket, but it would also be really nice if we all didn't have to.

>

Not just steam does this. The recently available Shadow of the Dragon Value Pack with shoulders, helmet and gloves had that treatment, too. Yes the skins are all older but that doesn't change the fact that it simply deducted the one skin I own from the price total. On top of the 20% discount or however much that was again. I feel like they're just not doing it for those 2k packs because they do in the end contain those "exclusive" skins.