signet nerf

LOL/ Just recently worked the signets into a great roam build which I was enjoying. Now as always when I make a build, Anet (in the voice of Gritta Thunbarf) says "HOW DARE YOU". We'll just give u a barrier that degrades faster then a peaceful protest and make it so u need to be in shroud to fully use a trait. Also it seems that there might be other nerfs as well, Anet just wont tell us about them. Might try a condi build now, will have to see what other classes got.

> @"Josiah.2967" said:

> They did nerf signets and nobody know why. Their philosphy seems to be if people dont usr it nerf it so they have less to balance...

Actually, they told us EXACTLY why in the patch notes ... so if you don't know, it's because you CHOOSE to not know.

> @"Josiah.2967" said:

> They did nerf signets and nobody know why. Their philosphy seems to be if people dont usr it nerf it so they have less to balance...

They moved Signets of Sufferings from Grandmaster to Master tier, so it is not that strange that it is now less effective.

Their concern was that it could not be powerful enough to be worth taking instead of the other Grandmaster traits, but now it no longer have to “compete” with them for anything (it “competes” with different traits and what was the precedent strength of SoS is than irrelevant).

Honestly I think it was worth before as it is now, situationally (like every other trait).

Also, someone could ask why they thought that such a powerful Grandmaster trait was not worth taking over the others.

A theory is that our community is partially responsible for that. In PvE it was not used by many players despite being generally the most “powerful” choice for Reaper, and the most effective tactic available to most Reaper in most groups, for many encounters (we didn’t realise that as a community, and the main cause of that is “people sharing wrong informations”).

Also, Signet of the Locust got buffed. Signet of Vampirism was reworked, not nerfed. I know the SoS nerf eventually affect all these Signets anyway.

Let’s start theory crafting and see how Signets could be used now. For PvE several of them are for sure useful alongside Signets of Suffering (Signet of Vampirism, Signet of Spite, Signet of Undeath). For PvP and WvW, we’ll eventually see, the balance patch was released yesterday.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> Signets had been buffed over the years with the last buff being substantial. At least Signets are not like they were in 2012.

The corruptions have been great! Signet necro was a great duelling build.

> @"Black Storm.6974" said:

> They moved Signets of Sufferings from Grandmaster to Master tier, so it is not that strange that it is now less effective.

They were less trash than the new Dread, which is just a poor bandaid to increase the impact of the clunky core shroud and the non existent mh-dagger damage.

> @"Josiah.2967" said:

I don't think that this change was made to buff it. There were actually some gimmick builds that used/abused the strength of that trait.

So they disguised the nerf as a buff, like they always do for necro

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Josiah.2967" said:

> > They did nerf signets and nobody know why. Their philosphy seems to be if people dont usr it nerf it so they have less to balance...

>

> I don't think that this change was made to buff it. There were actually some gimmick builds that used/abused the strength of that trait.

>

> So they disguised the nerf as a buff, like they always do for necro

The change was made to be "used more". *shrug*

> @"Josiah.2967" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Josiah.2967" said:

> > > They did nerf signets and nobody know why. Their philosphy seems to be if people dont usr it nerf it so they have less to balance...

> >

> > I don't think that this change was made to buff it. There were actually some gimmick builds that used/abused the strength of that trait.

> >

> > So they disguised the nerf as a buff, like they always do for necro

>

> The change was made to be "used more". *shrug*

That's what they say, but I don't really believe that