What makes Mad King's Labirynth bosses SO MUCH FUN?!

I think some of the new Bounties involve thoughtful play, but I honestly haven't done many of them myself.

One of my favorite older World Bosses was the Golem MKII in Mt Maelstrom. Yes, it was possible to just cheese him from range, but it was much more **fun** to engage him in melee, where most of his attacks could hit you if you didn't actually avoid him, and death was extremely likely if you made too many mistakes. I haven't done the WB circuits in a while now, but I did enjoy those sorts of situations, where it wasn't likely that the boss would *fail,* but where they gave players *options* to play in a very engaged manner if they wanted to.

I find them

1. Boring

2. A waste of time

3. Worthless loot (even then you can only get their main chest daily making even after once is pointless)

I tend to go for squads that skip them except for the Horror as that one follows you around and you can kill it off quickly. Other than that, keep those stupid doors closed as I'm there to get items, not year long battles and nothing to show for it.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> I find them

> 1. Boring

> 2. A waste of time

> 3. Worthless loot (even then you can only get their main chest daily making even after once is pointless)

>

> I tend to go for squads that skip them except for the Horror as that one follows you around and you can kill it off quickly. Other than that, keep those stupid doors closed as I'm there to get items, not year long battles and nothing to show for it.

The bosses are quick to drop if, and i stressed IF, players strip their boons. Unfortunately, most folks do not, so the lich and count have perma protection, regen and life steal, etc. But if necros/warriors/mesmers/etc keep stripping these boons as soon as they appear (in addition to breaking the breakbar), the bosses drop quicker. The Skeleton also has boons to strip, but he has regen, might and quickness i think. The count has added mechanic to take massive damage by throwing reflect on him when he does his throw candy cheese move.

> @Rhanoa.3960 said:

> > @Malafaia.8903 said:

> > I'm not much of a hardcore PvE guy. I love open world, meta events and PvP content on GW2.

> > I would never join these lab farms if pvp season was still going (and the balance wasn't that chaos), but i've played it for like 3 hours in a row yesterday as a support Ele and it was a kitten blast!

> >

> > Anyone could recommend more PvE content like this? I mean, when i'm fighting world bosses it's always for the loot, it's boring, there's no sense of real contribution to the fight.

> > Otherwise, in this event bosses you KNOW you have to CC them kitten or they're going to wreck the kitten out of everyone, ie.

> > So, the question is, what makes those bosse's fights so much fun?

>

> What it is boring or fun to you, may not be for someone else.

You don't say it!

> @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> When I do Lab, we clear. True farm.

>

> All Bosses, All Nodes, All carvings, All Trash in the Way, food merch tp banner wooooooo.

> All the time.

> Thumbsup moonstarmacncheeze!!!!

Yeah, I prefer farms like this. I even .. though not very efficiently, comm'd up my first earlier today. ^^ (was far better than spending forever trying to get into an instance )

I just find it more fun to do all of it. I'm not just there to farm.

The only one I don't really like is the one wandering around with a chainsaw, he's dropping some aoes that are hard to see and animations aren't really obvious in the clusterfuck of visual clutter that big zergs create. If you're into that kind of things I suggest you look into specific world bosses like Tequatl, the Karka queen and the Shatterer. Bonus points, visual noise isn't an issue in these cases. PoF bounties also have the same stuff going on (sort of) but with less interesting mechanics overall (too much focus on novelty but nothing I really want to experience again unlike these WBs), and the much higher focus on condi aoe spam that is hard to see under the visual noise once again gets tiresome and feels really unimaginative.

> @Redfeather.6401 said:

> Malafaia, I found in both GW2 and SWL that the bosses that require me to react for both my own benefit and that of my teammates to be really fun. Do you play a build that does some support too? My favourite builds are a hybrid of support/dps/disruption.

Exactly! Playing support builds makes it even funnier for me too.

Currently playing as a Druid/ Tempest.

> @Malafaia.8903 said:

> Well, for more challenging open world content! People should gather togheter to have fun, the loot must be consequence of that. I never understand that RIBA farm on SW. It's boring AF, but people do it for the profit...

I actually find the RIBA farm to be one of the more fun farms in the game. First off - it involves actual combat with diverse enemies (You have to kill enough to get defense credit). There's also the time pressure to keep a rhythm of defending a fort, disengaging, and moving to the next one so you can tag all forts in a cycle. Legendary monsters and Supplies throw in a twist, and eventually you get the Breach (5 different options) and Vinewrath (3 options) to break things up.