Aura share + Radiance rune

Sigerk.2897

Hello,

I'm having some trouble understanding how the Radiance rune works as it doesn't seem to affect the duration of auras as far as I can see.

And another thing is that it seems like auras are not always shared between players, most notably the fire aura.

Anyone here who knows what I am missing?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Radiance

According to the wiki, the duration increase is not reflected in the tooltip. So, if you're determining the duration via the tooltip, that would explain why you don't see an increase. I'm not clear on the part about aura share. Unless you take the Powerful Aura trait in water, you shouldn't be sharing those fire auras, as far as I know. Are you saying you do take that trait and they still don't share? The wiki doesn't say anything about an internal cooldown or anything like that, so I assume those fire auras should be affected by that trait.

You don't need Powerful Aura to share auras. That trait is to share auras you grant yourself with others on top of those you give them directly. Don't look at the tool tips, it's not reliable and complicated <.< Look for the cool down icon and you should have around 5.3 sec if the runes worked.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Radiance

>

> According to the wiki, the duration increase is not reflected in the tooltip. So, if you're determining the duration via the tooltip, that would explain why you don't see an increase. I'm not clear on the part about aura share. Unless you take the Powerful Aura trait in water, you shouldn't be sharing those fire auras, as far as I know. Are you saying you do take that trait and they still don't share? The wiki doesn't say anything about an internal cooldown or anything like that, so I assume those fire auras should be affected by that trait.

Thanks for the replies! I do use the water trait ''Powerful Aura''. What I've noticed is what seems like an inconsistent share, and I am not sure yet if it is just visual or the aura really doesn't fire. Or just me not understanding stuff. I think I figured out the duration at least, besides the tooltip not showing it (it does for the fire trait that adds duration tho -.-) it seems it lasts about 5 seconds total. I tried firing up d/d air skill 3, mouse over to boons, and see that it counts down from 4, but it seems like it actually starts from 5, I just don't see that on the tooltip because it starts at 5, thus only shows 4 when I mouse over if that makes any sense.