Is my Power Herald ready for PVP and raids?

Telgum.6071

I'm fairly new to the game but I already leveled my Revenant without boost and completed PoF.

I'm using the next guide:

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Herald_-_Power_Glint

However I don't even know how to craft so my gear is Devona's set and pure power swords.

I'm doing very well (imo) in PVE, though perhaps I stick too much to Glint and my rotations are purely:

- The two AoE dragon breath skills (with the might and fury always active, sometimes I activate the heal too).

- Spam dual sword skills

- Again two dragon breath skills, so I only swap to Shiro when I need to use the heal or remove CC

Is my Herald ready to make the jump to higher levels? Os should I look for combat improvement? Perhaps a better gear? (Only 20 gold atm)

Have to say, I also have a hammer but I never use it, I just don't see the moment to go ranged since I have a decent sustain, so I'm considering getting a third sword+shield for defensive fights

I've also considered going Condi Herald but that would be another gear so...

What do you think?

Well i dont know about pvp , but talking about raid i must say one thing ,whatever roll you want to cover with herald( dps, sup, healer) you will do it much better with renegade , condi herald doesnt exist in raid and rene is one of the best condi dps clases , the power version has less dmg than the power renegade, as healer rene has better heals with kalla and as a support herald is useless as it brings nothing to the group , well it can extend scuad boons but right now its useless as alacrene covers 10 man alcrity wich is a must , druid and fb cover power , fury and fb and chrono cover quickness, so sorry but herald is simply to inferior to renegade, at least in raid.

Now about gear , if you want a raid build you should go to snow crows site , metabattle is not the way to go in raid i think ,as a simple resume of what youll find , power goes full berserker and scholar runes, condi uses viper gear and nightmare runes and suport goes with diviner, if you want a healer then the best would be harrier gear and monk runes.

Again i dont know about pvp but surely someone will help you there, good luck and pray rev gets a good elite on next expansion.

2 things:

In PvP/WvW condi herald is a thing but not in PvE. (It's a broken build in low man WvW due to trailblazer stats.) In PvE you want to run condi renegade.

Power herald is not preferred in PvE because might/fury are readily given out by firebrands and druids. You're better off running alacrity renegade usually.

For raids follow the rotation in this vid:

Things to note:

You swap legends almost every ten seconds this resets your energy to 50 so you have roughly double the amount of energy to work with compared to camping one legend.

Burst of strength and elemental blast twice per glint swap, once as soon as you enter and once right before swapping back to shiro.

In shiro you only use 2 sword 2's per swap, you don't have the energy to afford more weapon skills without dropping your upkeeps.

At the start of all phases try to open in glint with burst of strength, sword 4, 5, elemental blast then straight into shiro.

Sword 3 is not used in the normal rotation, it has good damage but the energy cost and cast time are too high for normal use. You can use it as an evade to avoid a big hit while maintaining more dps than you would if you used a normal dodge but you have to compensate for the lost energy which generally means consuming facet of chaos early in glint or not using any sword 2's in shiro.

When there are lots of enemies jalis can be higher dps than shiro, just use vengeful hammers instead of impossible odds. The extra damage is because vengeful hammers hits all targets in range for full damage while impossible odds only procs on one target per interval.

For gear the Devona's armor should be fine for training groups also make sure your weapons and trinkets are decent too, the build that you linked recomends marauder stats which do slightly less damage than berserker but give you more health so you can survive a few extra hits, think of marauder stats as training wheels while berserker stats would be the big boy gear. Berserker stats are also generally easier to acquire than marauders so I would advise just going beserkers which is what Devona armor stats are. The link also recommend strength runes which are great for solo play but scholar runes will give you more damage in a group setting since there will be people there to make sure you have maximum might stacks at all times, scholar is also pretty much just as good damage solo but will cost you a decent chunk of gold to upgrade. For your weapon swap, the normal swap you would bring would be staff because the 5 skill is extremely strong against break bars but hammer is serviceable if you can't be in melee for prolonged periods of time and don't need the high break bar damage, in optimal conditions you just stay on sword sword.

PVP there is no set rotations or gear requirements, its all about being in the right place at the right time and using the right skills at the right times. You can watch experienced players stream to try to get a feel for how to play it or you can just jump in and learn on your own. Match making will try to put you against players your level so even if you are terrible at first you will get matched against other terrible players (I believe new accounts start with an average rating rather than a low rating so you will likely have a few rough games). Power herald is pretty bad in even numbered fights currently you generally want to try to leverage shiro's mobility to create scenarios where you outnumber your opponents and try to end those fights quickly and move on before your teammates get overwhelmed by being outnumbered themselves. It is one of the most difficult builds to play in the current meta that is still viable at high tier play.