Wardrobe skins limited by weight, why ?

> @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > I wish they would at least make all new armor wearable by all weights from now on

> > >

> > > I believe that the original intent was to enable players to differentiate opponents by the types of armor they were wearing. Outfits, however, defeat that intent. Now, though, I would suspect it to be too difficult to change the armor to be allowed across all professions without completely re-writing code. To me, that is not something that they can justify spending resources to do.

> >

> > If you ask me, it was really stupid from the beginning to have different armor weights have different seams and skeleton. They shot themselves in the foot with that.

>

> So the alternative is to make all the armors look the same, and then there's no need for skins anyway. There are reasons that armor categories look different: heavy armor is more "restricting", medium armor allows for better mobility, etc. What's "really stupid" is complaining that they made armors look differently in a thread wanting to be able to mix and match the way these armors look.

No it's not.

In ESO all armor weights look different but share the same seams and skeletons. So you can equip any you want for the look you want while still keeping their own style for the different weights.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> Years ago ANet told us the story of "Each weight class should have its own silhouette by which you could identify another class/weight in PvP"...then they made outfits and threw that concept out of the window. That's why skins are locked to weight and also why it doesn't make sense that it is like that.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > I wish they would at least make all new armor wearable by all weights from now on

>

> I believe that the original intent was to enable players to differentiate opponents by the types of armor they were wearing. Outfits, however, defeat that intent. Now, though, I would suspect it to be too difficult to change the armor to be allowed across all professions without completely re-writing code. To me, that is not something that they can justify spending resources to do.

And now we have standard models lol.

And I play SWToR from time to time. Back in the old days, the same stuff used to be said between light, medium and heavy. Then the game removed the restriction entirely cuz it was pointless.

Honestly, I am unsure if there will be major clipping issues. Anet probably do not want to do that if this is the case. It might also be a programming issue. If not, then there is no reason at all that we should not be able to mix and match as we please, regardless of the weight.