Cannot access Drizzlewood Coast Waystations from map

Title says it all. I cannot access the waystations from the map. I have to drop a table (limit on how many you can get) or waypoint to a place where they have tables all the time - like Umbral Grotto. But that is NOT the main issue. I see that the tables are being used everywhere to increase speed - but I cannot use them. And I bet dropping tables outside of Drizzlewood Grotto will do no good, as all the other maps are probably not programmed like Drizzlewood Coast. This could end up being a major setback in future playing....

I submitted a bug report and a support ticket. ANet was very polite when they closed my ticket dated 23 June on 3 July and said "do not know when we will fix the issue - go to forums for future updates."

That non-committal comment leads me to believe they are saying it is now a personal issue that I will just have to deal with....

A retired Marine, I would have preferred a straight forward answer. Either "we are working on it now and you will see it corrected soon" or "you probably will never see the issue resolved because it is so low down in the priority list that we will never get to it." If waystations become a way of life in PVE, I can see that I will grow tired of being the caboose

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> I don't have the first clue what the actual problem is after reading the OP. If your ticket was just as confusing, support probably closed it because they didn't have a clue what to do with it.

Basically OP can't interact with waystations because he hasn't trained the mastery and instead of looking up "united waystation" on wiki he made a support ticket which, you are correct, probably made no sense to them so they ignored it. Then OP breaks out "im a military man" as if anyone gives a damn xD

I was fully trained in all masteries, did research wiki when I could not access the waystation from the map, and I did repair the client. (I will not slip any personal data in the future - just makes me troll meat.) The purpose of this thread was to attempt to find others that can not access the waystation icon from the map such as myself in the hopes of speeding up the fix. But it seems that no one else that has the issue has come across this thread.

I'm not sure why you think Waystations provide speed boosts, nor why you think they don't work in other maps. (Pertinent information found in the Wiki.)

Regardless, what dialogue, if any, do you get when you interact with a (Portable) Waystation?

Perhaps, some screenshots showing your Masteries and the interaction with a (Portable) Waystation will be helpful.

Good luck.

> @"Crustydog.9825" said:

> I was fully trained in all masteries, did research wiki when I could not access the waystation from the map, and I did repair the client. (I will not slip any personal data in the future - just makes me troll meat.) The purpose of this thread was to attempt to find others that can not access the waystation icon from the map such as myself in the hopes of speeding up the fix. But it seems that no one else that has the issue has come across this thread.

It's not possible to access waystations remotely. What you're probably seeing are people airdropping to captured forts by clicking directly on the blue circle icons around the map, the same way that you'd use a waypoint. You don't need to interact with a waystation to use this feature, and I'm not sure why they have that option at all since it's rather redundant/misleading.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Oh! Is that what the OP is asking about. One need only left-click the red or blue (depending on who controls the area) little icon for each area of the Drizzlewood Coast map, and a dialogue will appear (for travel).

>

> I thought she was asking about (Portable) Waystations.

Well, he mentioned having to "drop a table" so the portable waystations were the first thing I thought he was talking about as well.

> @"TrOtskY.5927" said:

> > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > -snip-

>

> Basically OP can't interact with waystations because he hasn't trained the mastery and instead of looking up "united waystation" on wiki he made a support ticket which, you are correct, probably made no sense to them so they ignored it. Then OP breaks out "im a military man" as if anyone gives a kitten xD

No need to attack the OP--_especially_ on a misunderstanding. They mentioned the "marine" thing because they expected a certain standard from the game's official customer support. No self-entitlement, there, if that's what you were getting at.

In case anyone else reading this thread is still unclear on the difference:

Elzia is a Charr NPC who essentially commands the choppers that can paradrop you around places in Drizzlewood Coast, noted by the appropriate icon within each sub-zone area.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elizia_Skysight

United Legions Waystations (and their portable siblings) can provide you the same interaction with Elizia from their locations (though I am not 100% sure which, if any, of the waystation masteries this may be tied to).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/United_Legions_Waystation#vendor1

Sounds like OP cannot click on waystations and get this interaction? It may be easier to just use the map icons for the paradrop instead.

As others have noted, you can't travel to waystations themselves. And this feature is currently only part of Drizzlewood Coast.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Crustydog.9825"

Can you share how the issue was fixed? I have not been able to train the initial mastery point despite exploring drizzlecoast, beginning the story, and even buying the chapter 3 story too to see if that was the issue. I still cannot train or even see anything from the new mastery line and have not heard any response from ANet after submitting but report.

I looked through this and tried speaking to Elzia too, but still didn't work.

> @"scrolfe.7104" said:

> @"Crustydog.9825"

>

> Can you share how the issue was fixed? I have not been able to train the initial mastery point despite exploring drizzlecoast, beginning the story, and even buying the chapter 3 story too to see if that was the issue. I still cannot train or even see anything from the new mastery line and have not heard any response from ANet after submitting but report.

>

> I looked through this and tried speaking to Elzia too, but still didn't work.

Just logged in and it is resolved on my account now. I didn't do anything to cause this and assume it was an ANet staff or mod that addressed it from my bug report.