Make Mad King's Clock Tower a solo instance

Zaraki.5784

I don't know if it's just me or what, but whenever I do Mad King's Clock Tower I miss basic jumps I wouldn't usually miss way too often due to the pressure other players (even in the form of small blue orbs) put on me. So my suggestion is: why don't you make the jp as solo instanced? It'd solve that problem and it'd also kill that annoying dead time between one try and another.

What do you think about it guys?

I don't know how other players put pressure on you so much that you'd claim to miss basic stuff. I'd rather not change it to a solo instance, but if they must because complaints then i hope they open up another version that is the one we have now but allows us to invite our own friends/guilds in for friendly competition.

Try to stop yourself from looking at the other players, just ignore them completely .. its not a race so it doesn't matter what they are doing anyway.

To solve the dead time, rather than wait until everyone you originally started with either falls or finishes the JP, I think they should change it so you have to wait a maximum of 15 seconds for the next go around and whoever is in the lobby goes. This keeps the group dynamic, but gets rid of all the waiting.

Your only competition is with the rising green mist. The players trying to race each other often mess up more often or at least that was my experience when I saw people trying to race me.

I believe the intention of these seasonal jumping puzzles is for them to be a group activity. None of the other jumping puzzles are really instanced and there's no way for them to have it like Wintersdays without re-doing most of the JP.

> @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> Your only competition is with the rising green mist. The players trying to race each other often mess up more often or at least that was my experience when I saw people trying to race me.

I'm not saying it's other people fault, I'm saying that my subconscious sees them competing with me even if that's not true and that leads me to stupid errors.

> @Zaraki.5784 said:

> > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > Your only competition is with the rising green mist. The players trying to race each other often mess up more often or at least that was my experience when I saw people trying to race me.

>

> I'm not saying it's other people fault, I'm saying that my subconscious sees them competing with me even if that's not true and that leads me to stupid errors.

>

So train yourself to not care about others.

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> > @Zaraki.5784 said:

> > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > Your only competition is with the rising green mist. The players trying to race each other often mess up more often or at least that was my experience when I saw people trying to race me.

> >

> > I'm not saying it's other people fault, I'm saying that my subconscious sees them competing with me even if that's not true and that leads me to stupid errors.

> >

>

> So train yourself to not care about others.

You make it sound easy....it's not for me...

> @Zaraki.5784 said:

> > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > @Zaraki.5784 said:

> > > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > Your only competition is with the rising green mist. The players trying to race each other often mess up more often or at least that was my experience when I saw people trying to race me.

> > >

> > > I'm not saying it's other people fault, I'm saying that my subconscious sees them competing with me even if that's not true and that leads me to stupid errors.

> > >

> >

> > So train yourself to not care about others.

>

> You make it sound easy....it's not for me...

It is pretty easy, just look only at your character an go at your pace. If you fail oh well. Live learn and improve.

> @Zaraki.5784 said:

> > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > Your only competition is with the rising green mist. The players trying to race each other often mess up more often or at least that was my experience when I saw people trying to race me.

>

> I'm not saying it's other people fault, I'm saying that my subconscious sees them competing with me even if that's not true and that leads me to stupid errors.

>

Then why would it be good for the community as a whole for ANet to invest resources into dealing with it? Doesn't it make more sense for you to work on ignoring the other players?

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @Zaraki.5784 said:

> > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > Your only competition is with the rising green mist. The players trying to race each other often mess up more often or at least that was my experience when I saw people trying to race me.

> >

> > I'm not saying it's other people fault, I'm saying that my subconscious sees them competing with me even if that's not true and that leads me to stupid errors.

> >

>

> Then why would it be good for the community as a whole for ANet to invest resources into dealing with it? Doesn't it make more sense for you to work on ignoring the other players?

Ye if it's just me then don't worry and go past it, I just wanted to see if someone else had my problem.

> @Zaraki.5784 said:

> > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > @Zaraki.5784 said:

> > > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > Your only competition is with the rising green mist. The players trying to race each other often mess up more often or at least that was my experience when I saw people trying to race me.

> > >

> > > I'm not saying it's other people fault, I'm saying that my subconscious sees them competing with me even if that's not true and that leads me to stupid errors.

> > >

> >

> > So train yourself to not care about others.

>

> You make it sound easy....it's not for me...

This is why I consider myself gifted in a way in not being competitive in any way, shape, or form.

Then again a curse, as I do want those "drop like candy" tomes from PvP but...

> @Zaraki.5784 said:

> Ye if it's just me then don't worry and go past it, I just wanted to see if someone else had my problem.

Oh, I misunderstood. The title of the thread is: "Make Mad King's Clock Tower a solo instance", which is a forcefully-worded suggestion rather than a question. Maybe you want to change it to, "Who Feels Like Clock Tower is a Competition?"

In answer to that question: no, I wish that was the problem for me. I fail well enough all on my own. The only value for me of making this a solo instance would be reducing the time I spend waiting. Since I fall by the 2nd or 3rd 'interesting jump', I spend a lot of timing without anything to do. Since I hate twiddling my thumbs in a game with so much going on, I am not at all inspired to invest time into the puzzle.

> @Seriously.7953 said:

> Try to stop yourself from looking at the other players, just ignore them completely .. its not a race so it doesn't matter what they are doing anyway.

>

> To solve the dead time, rather than wait until everyone you originally started with either falls or finishes the JP, I think they should change it so you have to wait a maximum of 15 seconds for the next go around and whoever is in the lobby goes. This keeps the group dynamic, but gets rid of all the waiting.

I don't think they can, because the JP has triggered events that have to reset every cycle. Theres also the fog that to reset as well. You have to keep in mind how instancing works in this game, as the whole reason you're preloaded and on a reset cycle, is so you don't have to do a map load at the start of the run.

Unfortunatly the JP is 5 years old and runs on 5 yr old systems. Back when it was released we didnt have adventures ect and the only way to get it to work was to use PVP instances.

I image to get it to run now on a solo instance it would have to be reworked from the ground up, basically redo the entier JP because of how bad the spaghetti code is and I dont think its worth the resources.

What I dislike about the JP not being a solo instance is the wait time - especially since it always hits you if you are successful in reaching the top. If you are the last one alive, as soon as you get into the "loot room" the people who previously failed the attempt start their round and you are stuck to wait a full cycle after looting. So basically, you get punished for reaching the top...

Ofc you can't generally wait an eternity for players in the loot room, since there would be trolls staying there for sure. But adding a few seconds "loot time" before starting the next round would make things so much less tedious.

Regarding distraction and competition through other players: I personally never had this problem but see that there is a certain temptation to outrun eachother. I often see people trying to race eachother (and miserably failing while doing so). But I don't think its possible to solve this by making the JP a solo instance from a technical standpoint, with the high amount of players doing the JP at the same time. No idea if the servers could keep track of the different states of that many instances and sync the JP properly for everyone. But since we already have out of sync instances as it is right now I highly doubt it would work...