a good farming class

I voted for ranger

1) you can send your pet off to fight a mob beside a node so you can harvest, run off and then swap pets to drop agro.

2) traps are great, especially the spike trap that flings mobs in the air, slowing them down and interrupting them.

3) rangers have good speed boosts. The signet and warhorn are the main two I use.

I use 2 tanky melee pets, at least 2 traps, axe/warhorn & Greatsword.

Edit: this is for node farming.

I've tried only Longbow Guardian and Pistol Thief and both really good for me.

I have no clue what else would be good. My Necro I'm sure won't be much help in there in getting loot and my mesmer has no form of tagging unless I take a staff (I think it has a bouncing effect on it?), but if I recall it's super slow and unreliable.

Oh, and my Revenant is a worthless piece of trash.

I don't have the other classes to test with.

in zerg farming shortbow thief. the arrow dances between several enemies so you hit alot of the targets at once and your chance to get loot without missing to hit a mob is pretty good as the shortbow also got good reload so if there are several small groups of mobs just chance direction and keep hitting mobs. is what i do for instance. dragon hunter works similar.

for solo i also like shortbow thief or dragon hunter for small groups.

dagger or sword / pistol thief i also like for small groups and specially for harder solo enemies as the thief brings alot stuns on the weapons and a trait to make stealing cause a stun too. so a solo enemy is helpless most the time before he is dead as the thief is strong in the interruption of enemy skills.

my ranger is hands down the easiest character I have for farming, at least the types I do.. which can be either clearing out low level bandit camps for butter (that's right, I farm butter!) or centaurs for leather, or just basic running around node farming. Everyone else doesn't have the range I want, or lacks the fast damage, or pets to help me .. I just get much better results with ranger. But yeah, depends on farming you're talking about

Your poll is too vague, the word "farm" is too vague because there are dozens of farm methods in this game.

However for most of them Daredevil Thief will be #1 because of mobility (yes, you can't mount in combat) and the initiative system which allows you to dump all your initiative and frontload all your damage fast with a weapon like Staff or P/P to quickly gank smaller mobs that might be in your way.

If you're farming nodes, take into consideration classes that get attack speed bonuses through traits (Warrior's dual wielding trait 20%, Mesmer's scepter trait 20%, Engineer's rifle trait 10%), because they also apply to nodes/interactions and 20% faster gathering goes a long way so I typically farm with my Warrior.

> @dhuron.3762 said:

> If you're farming nodes, take into consideration classes that get attack speed bonuses through traits (Warrior's dual wielding trait 20%, Mesmer's scepter trait 20%, Engineer's rifle trait 10%), because they also apply to nodes/interactions and 20% faster gathering goes a long way so I typically farm with my Warrior.

I never knew this, I was wondering why my warriors node strikes were faster than my other characters, lol.

> @Lambent.6375 said:

> > @dhuron.3762 said:

> > If you're farming nodes, take into consideration classes that get attack speed bonuses through traits (Warrior's dual wielding trait 20%, Mesmer's scepter trait 20%, Engineer's rifle trait 10%), because they also apply to nodes/interactions and 20% faster gathering goes a long way so I typically farm with my Warrior.

>

> I never knew this, I was wondering why my warriors node strikes were faster than my other characters, lol.

Ya I'm thinking about doing it on my mesmer now lol I use thief for mobs cause ascended armor and I rolled an 80 mesmer so all she has are the lv 80 wps but that 20% teleport and I also crafted the mad moon so I'll go mad chrono lol

> @Lambent.6375 said:

> > @dhuron.3762 said:

> > If you're farming nodes, take into consideration classes that get attack speed bonuses through traits (Warrior's dual wielding trait 20%, Mesmer's scepter trait 20%, Engineer's rifle trait 10%), because they also apply to nodes/interactions and 20% faster gathering goes a long way so I typically farm with my Warrior.

>

> I never knew this, I was wondering why my warriors node strikes were faster than my other characters, lol.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dual_Wielding

? it doesn't say it gives 20% speed bonus to gathering

edit: nvm i understand it now, but wouldn't this work on most classes that gain an attack speed?

• 2 months later...

My fav is still thief daredevil crit build.unexpectedly fast murderer with staff ,you can kill basic mob per sec.Fas moving while you fight. dps is 20 - 30k dmg.I think he have one of best sigle hit in game. Can do more with two pistols + skill-3 unload and bouding dogger in traits .also shorbow is nice for trains with groups. xP You can seed in benchmarks dps around 31 k

> @"czerwoni.9563" said:

> > @Lambent.6375 said:

> > > @dhuron.3762 said:

> > > If you're farming nodes, take into consideration classes that get attack speed bonuses through traits (Warrior's dual wielding trait 20%, Mesmer's scepter trait 20%, Engineer's rifle trait 10%), because they also apply to nodes/interactions and 20% faster gathering goes a long way so I typically farm with my Warrior.

> >

> > I never knew this, I was wondering why my warriors node strikes were faster than my other characters, lol.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dual_Wielding

>

> ? it doesn't say it gives 20% speed bonus to gathering

>

> edit: nvm i understand it now, but wouldn't this work on most classes that gain an attack speed?

Yes but most gain faster recharge or damage increase rather than attack speed increase. Quickness also works so rev or firebrand woudl work as well.

For solo running and doing whatever..... ranger/ druid / soulbeast ... range dps, pet for some tanking... easy to play.

For events farm.... thief .. (daredevil spec best) shortbow + d/p ( p/p , staff ) and build it around vamp ... invigorating precision, signet of malice, u can make it real vampire class ... with best mobility ... it can tag also groups of mobs..

A good farming class is a class that you won't mind playing for hours and hours and hours on end. If you can't stomach to play the most efficient class for hours and hours and hours then it's not the class for you. Because you won't farm for long enough to really matter.

> @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> all are a good farm class and can not see the point at all to this poll or topic even :o :o

if you cant see the point then why comment? there is a difference in farming speed and suitability among the different classes, its as different as a tank vs an assassin vs cc.