"I can use my flamethrower to meld them - you have an own flamethrower?"

I love when they do things like this, especially when it acknowledges the weapons the player has. There's a few hearts where you have to go and pick up a torch for some of the activities and it always irritates me when I'm playing my ranger because I'm already holding a torch but somehow I have to go and get their torch instead. It's much nicer when the NPCs recognise what your character has available and what they can do, and seems more realistic too. :)

Reminds me a bit of that ls3 episode where we infiltrate Caudecus' estate from Lake Doric. As a thief main, it was very nice that I could just pick the lock on the door and sneak in instead of kicking it down. I heard there were other options throughout that instance for different jobs. Definitely hope these little differences appear more in upcoming content. Theres just something a bit satisfying about being true to my toon's job.

> @"Aru.4156" said:

> Reminds me a bit of that ls3 episode where we infiltrate Caudecus' estate from Lake Doric. As a thief main, it was very nice that I could just pick the lock on the door and sneak in instead of kicking it down. I heard there were other options throughout that instance for different jobs. Definitely hope these little differences appear more in upcoming content. Theres just something a bit satisfying about being true to my toon's job.

I think that one has at least one option for each profession. I don't remember all of them but I know there's a part where dogs attack you and my ranger was able to turn them to our side instead of having to kill them.

I recently re-discovered an earlier example too. During Season 2 when you first find Scarlet's old inventions, with most characters Taimi will give a brief comment and then stop herself, effectively saying you wouldn't understand but my norn engineer and asuran guardian both got extra dialogue options where they reminded Taimi that actually they _did_ understand and had a brief conversation about her inventions. It didn't mean much to me but it was a nice touch.

I know it doesn't fit in everywhere, but I hope Anet continue to put those extra bits in when they can because it's a nice touch to make it feel like the NPCs actually recognise your character as more than a generic place-holder for the player.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I recently re-discovered an earlier example too. During Season 2 when you first find Scarlet's old inventions, with most characters Taimi will give a brief comment and then stop herself, effectively saying you wouldn't understand but my norn engineer and asuran guardian both got extra dialogue options where they reminded Taimi that actually they _did_ understand and had a brief conversation about her inventions. It didn't mean much to me but it was a nice touch.

Really? That's hillarious considering that another part of LS2 makes you (when sylvari) ask a random human ex-noble to arrange a meeting with your own mother.

By sheer fluke I happened to be playing through the story for the first time on my Scrapper. I'm using an Open World build using the Juggernaut trait so I get permanent Stability using flamethrower. When I read this dialogue I was really surprised and very pleased =) that the NPC acknowledged that I didn't actually need his cache of flamethrowers. I recall another occasion elsewhere in the game (sorry can't remember exactly where) when my Scrapper was required to put down their Flamethrower in order to pick up a 'Flamethrower' to complete a task :/

> @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > @"choon.6308" said:

> > I flamethrower with berserker/quickness build anyway :) My flamethrower did a lot more dmg than the one they gave us

>

> Indeed. My berserker loves to shoot flames out of himself.

That was supposed to be funny I suppose, good job

> @"choon.6308" said:

> > @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > > @"choon.6308" said:

> > > I flamethrower with berserker/quickness build anyway :) My flamethrower did a lot more dmg than the one they gave us

> >

> > Indeed. My berserker loves to shoot flames out of himself.

>

> That was supposed to be funny I suppose, good job

He gets so mad that he punches out fireballs.

> @"choon.6308" said:

> > @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > > @"choon.6308" said:

> > > I flamethrower with berserker/quickness build anyway :) My flamethrower did a lot more dmg than the one they gave us

> >

> > Indeed. My berserker loves to shoot flames out of himself.

>

> That was supposed to be funny I suppose, good job

No, I was being 100% serious... (refer to the post above)