is it normal?

Arziki.8129

> @"Zawn.9647" said:

> > @"saerni.2584" said:

> > Damage formula doesn’t capture whole complexity:

> > * Were you at full HP?

> > * Were you vulnerable at the time?

> > * Did they have Assassin’s Signet on their bar?

> > * Was the thief alone or did they have any buffs from other external sources?

> > * Did you have boons like protection active?

> >

> > I’d want to see more of the damage log personally.

>

> aside from the 1st question, the others doesn’t matter.

> there’s no reason to die within 2 strikes in this game. no one here is playing dark souls

Plenty of reason to die in two strikes, this game is more like dark souls than most people would like to admit. There's a reason you can dodge.

> @"God.2708" said:

> > @"Zawn.9647" said:

> > > @"saerni.2584" said:

> > > Damage formula doesn’t capture whole complexity:

> > > * Were you at full HP?

> > > * Were you vulnerable at the time?

> > > * Did they have Assassin’s Signet on their bar?

> > > * Was the thief alone or did they have any buffs from other external sources?

> > > * Did you have boons like protection active?

> > >

> > > I’d want to see more of the damage log personally.

> >

> > aside from the 1st question, the others doesn’t matter.

> > there’s no reason to die within 2 strikes in this game. no one here is playing dark souls

>

> Plenty of reason to die in two strikes, this game is more like dark souls than most people would like to admit. There's a reason you can dodge.

Whether it is 2 hits or 2 seconds there are plenty of ways to die quickly.

Ask any thief. We can be deleted in under a second against some builds. That’s not unfair that’s just a fact.

> @"God.2708" said:

> > @"Zawn.9647" said:

> > > @"saerni.2584" said:

> > > Damage formula doesn’t capture whole complexity:

> > > * Were you at full HP?

> > > * Were you vulnerable at the time?

> > > * Did they have Assassin’s Signet on their bar?

> > > * Was the thief alone or did they have any buffs from other external sources?

> > > * Did you have boons like protection active?

> > >

> > > I’d want to see more of the damage log personally.

> >

> > aside from the 1st question, the others doesn’t matter.

> > there’s no reason to die within 2 strikes in this game. no one here is playing dark souls

>

> Plenty of reason to die in two strikes, this game is more like dark souls than most people would like to admit. There's a reason you can dodge.

except in dark souls you can dodge more than twice. you also have a block button and no one bursts you from stealth, teleporting, etc :)

> @"Zawn.9647" said:

> > @"God.2708" said:

> > > @"Zawn.9647" said:

> > > > @"saerni.2584" said:

> > > > Damage formula doesn’t capture whole complexity:

> > > > * Were you at full HP?

> > > > * Were you vulnerable at the time?

> > > > * Did they have Assassin’s Signet on their bar?

> > > > * Was the thief alone or did they have any buffs from other external sources?

> > > > * Did you have boons like protection active?

> > > >

> > > > I’d want to see more of the damage log personally.

> > >

> > > aside from the 1st question, the others doesn’t matter.

> > > there’s no reason to die within 2 strikes in this game. no one here is playing dark souls

> >

> > Plenty of reason to die in two strikes, this game is more like dark souls than most people would like to admit. There's a reason you can dodge.

>

> except in dark souls you can dodge more than twice. you also have a block button and no one bursts you from stealth, teleporting, etc :)

True and another difference between dark souls is the players dies in few hits and so does the enemy. Not all but most classes have the sustain that require the teef to chip away their hp while teef still remains 2 shot-able if caught, hence the mobility and ports as without those thief would be a free bag in almost every engagement.

> @"Arziki.8129" said:

> is it normal? have1050 toughness and 19062 hp

> in screen backstab crit 12617 with base dmg 1276

> CaD base dmg 886 crit 7658

> https://ibb.co/D7kyQcy

>

> 2 hit from stealth and im die/

> ~21:47

Just feel embaressed for a moment that a one trick pony got you and then improve your awareness. Then these things won't happen anymore.

If he can do 12k damage on you then you can do it on him too. Every class in the game can pick a skill with an 1.8 modifier and slot some additional multipliers via traits to two-shot that teef. If he can avoid 2 hits from you then you should play that build on your own to get a feeling for its vulnerability moments. There are plenty.

Fighting teef sucks because of its reset capabilities (and most people will chase the teef until they die) but not because of its damage. A boonbeast can facetank you while spamming 5 to 10k crits on you in wvw due to a million active boons at once. THAT is a problem!

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> If he can do 12k damage on you then you can do it on him too.

No I can not.

because he either makes 2 hits from invisibility and kills me, or if I do not die / put him in the stun / block / use shrinks then he jumps away from me into the inaccessible zone. then enters invisibility and waits for CD for his skills and repeats. And usually the second run is successful.

My saving skills CD is much longer than his.My leap skills much longer or overheated me faster than his escape CD ends. There is absolutely no chance of killing him or even running away. If during the duration of the can, which gives me invisibility(3 sec), the warmod did not off and I did not mount a horse, this is 100% death.

Yes he is very thin, but since every blow he interrupts with a teleport to the inaccessible zone. Everything you write here is just ridiculous. As I wrote earlier

the blow is made from invisibility and kills immediately. You need to have the reaction of a monster in order to have time to press invulnerability. And since the blow occurs unexpectedly, the reaction does not have time. (0.5-0.7 seconds)

There is only one way out - either go as quickly as possible, or change the stats to tank stats. Which in turn also makes it impossible for me to kill him. DPS drops a lot and I remain the same not mobile in comparison with him.

If this does not discourage someone from playing on wvw, this is your business. And beats off me. There is no point in discussing the topic further. As you can see thieves say it's okay others say it's not ok. Of course as long as you play this one-hit class it will be okay and of course there is a way to get over it (haha).

DH true shot with longbow dealt a little 14k to my thief. (mix of berzerker and valkyr. so kinda glass with some HP)

i also got killed in less than a second by a mesmer while playing a tanky/condi soulbeast with 3000+ armor and 20k hp.

lets not mention the powerfull pewpew soulbeast with the sick'em and wolf stance combo with a pig that give you a melee attack that can hit for around 13K.

> @"ASP.8093" said:

> The, uh, "inaccessible zone?"

the zone in which my skills either do not work(like melee.do not reach the target) or have an ineffective effect.

for example, jumping away from me at a distance of more than 500 I can only shoot from a rifle with ~ 800-2000 damage (crit) about 1-3 times before invisibility is used. or throw grenades that even a snail can avoid due to the long flight of the projectile.

well, or try to jump, which will also take time and will not bring any effect in the future, because jumping is one thing, but causing sufficient damage before using invisibility is another

> @"ledernierrempart.6871" said:

> DH true shot with longbow dealt a little 14k to my thief. (mix of berzerker and valkyr. so kinda glass with some HP)

> i also got killed in less than a second by a mesmer while playing a tanky/condi soulbeast with 3000+ armor and 20k hp.

> lets not mention the powerfull pewpew soulbeast with the sick'em and wolf stance combo with a pig that give you a melee attack that can hit for around 13K.

yes, many different options to kill in one hit. I already mentioned that holosmith can too. It seems that this circumstance is in the order of things.

even if it negatively affects the motivation to participate in it (unfortunately, probably).

> @"Zawn.9647" said:

> > @"God.2708" said:

> > > @"Zawn.9647" said:

> > > > @"saerni.2584" said:

> > > > Damage formula doesn’t capture whole complexity:

> > > > * Were you at full HP?

> > > > * Were you vulnerable at the time?

> > > > * Did they have Assassin’s Signet on their bar?

> > > > * Was the thief alone or did they have any buffs from other external sources?

> > > > * Did you have boons like protection active?

> > > >

> > > > I’d want to see more of the damage log personally.

> > >

> > > aside from the 1st question, the others doesn’t matter.

> > > there’s no reason to die within 2 strikes in this game. no one here is playing dark souls

> >

> > Plenty of reason to die in two strikes, this game is more like dark souls than most people would like to admit. There's a reason you can dodge.

>

> except in dark souls you can dodge more than twice. you also have a block button and no one bursts you from stealth, teleporting, etc :)

Rofl can you imagine unlimited dodging in gw2? We wouldn't even know what the normal run animation was...

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"Zawn.9647" said:

> > > @"God.2708" said:

> > > > @"Zawn.9647" said:

> > > > > @"saerni.2584" said:

> > > > > Damage formula doesn’t capture whole complexity:

> > > > > * Were you at full HP?

> > > > > * Were you vulnerable at the time?

> > > > > * Did they have Assassin’s Signet on their bar?

> > > > > * Was the thief alone or did they have any buffs from other external sources?

> > > > > * Did you have boons like protection active?

> > > > >

> > > > > I’d want to see more of the damage log personally.

> > > >

> > > > aside from the 1st question, the others doesn’t matter.

> > > > there’s no reason to die within 2 strikes in this game. no one here is playing dark souls

> > >

> > > Plenty of reason to die in two strikes, this game is more like dark souls than most people would like to admit. There's a reason you can dodge.

> >

> > except in dark souls you can dodge more than twice. you also have a block button and no one bursts you from stealth, teleporting, etc :)

>

> Rofl can you imagine unlimited dodging in gw2? We wouldn't even know what the normal run animation was...

rofl :D

we dont need to imagine, just look at Daredavil with shortbow or staff