Nightfury Conundrum (again)

Ayakaru.6583

Again we're reminded of the design flaw of Nightfury (and Wintersday Presence) which makes a very cool skin, an absolute drag to use.

The problem? Its a shoulder skin.

Issue:

Bare shoulders, and incompatibility with outfits.

How to fix:

- Infusion

- Tonic

Please dont let us suffer any longer, allow us to be swarmed with bats while wearing an outfit,

Or let the snow fall while we're wearing the big scarf skin.

Guild Wars 2 prizes itself as Fashion Wars 2, but falls short on subjects like this. And theres no need to change anything about the shoulders and their method of acquisition, but just add the tonic or aura as well, and make a vendor somewhere who sells them for people with Nightfury and Wintersday Presence unlocked.

I would even pay for it, if thats an issue

> @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> Again we're reminded of the design flaw of Nightfury (and Wintersday Presence) which makes a very cool skin, an absolute drag to use.

> The problem? Its a shoulder skin.

> Issue:

> Bare shoulders, and incompatibility with outfits.

> How to fix:

> - Infusion

> - Tonic

Doesnt the endless batwing brew tonic already gives you the same aura?

I am strongly opposed to making it into a tonic. Currently any tonic/transform prevents you from using your mount. As such, the tonic Nightfury will be relegated to showing off in fractals and LA. Since neither of those appeal to me, I am against the proposal. A vendor that offers to accept the current shoulders for an infusion would be the best solution.

With that said, I agree that aura wardrobe would be great.

> @Malediktus.9250 said:

> What would people do who have the skin unlocked but already stat changed the armor piece? It is probably too late to have this added now unless Anet finds a way to get back the armor piece without spending 1k gold

As I said, people still have to craft both shoulders like before, so you still get two ascended shoulders, but you ALSO get a set of aura infusions,

So I'm not quite sure what your complaint is?

If you mean, they won't have the physical item anymore, the vendors from PoF have taught us that it's easy for anet to make vendors who only sell products to people with the _skin_ unlocked, as the awakened skins unlock the recipes for the mordant crescent skins on the merchants

one my greater worries is that this topic has been brought up before, in regard of other auras as well (as well as the dysfunctionality of some tonics), and anet has yet to voice their opinion on this matter, either on the forums or on reddit. So we don't even know if anet has ever in the past 5 years heard of this issue at all.. it would be great if a dev would just take 15 seconds to let us know they're aware of the issue, not even if they're working on it or not, just let us know you're aware.....