Event feasts and famines

Last week we had four event happen simultaneously. We had week 2 festival of the four winds, a wvw no down state event, at world boss rush, and the start of season 23 for pvp. Usually complaining about having too much to do seem counterintuitive, but generally this past summer outside of ls updates, dragon bash, and pvp seasons (which the last 2v2 season did not even get achievements added to them), there was no events overlapping or in between releases. As player who enjoys doing most parts of the game, can Anet please space out events to avoid a famine of content, instead of the current feast we had last week. Something tells me after September 1st, we will be in a drought until after Halloween.

> @"Shadowmoon.7986" said:

> Last week we had four event happen simultaneously. We had week 2 festival of the four winds, a wvw no down state event, at world boss rush, and the start of season 23 for pvp. Usually complaining about having too much to do seem counterintuitive, but generally this past summer outside of ls updates, dragon bash, and pvp seasons (which the last 2v2 season did not even get achievements added to them), there was no events overlapping or in between releases. As player who enjoys doing most parts of the game, can Anet please space out events to avoid a famine of content, instead of the current feast we had last week. Something tells me after September 1st, we will be in a drought until after Halloween.

We won’t be. There will be a fractal update also during September.

8th anniversary hype train

Edit: To be clear, the more ways to increase the number of player-hours and, thus, the rate at which gold, gems, and real money is traded through the BLTP, the better the anniversary will be for Arenanet and NCSoft. This is also the season for BL sales and spikes in gem exchange rates.

It's because August is the game's anniversary so they like to have a lot going on.

Personally I like to have some downtime in between new things and events because I only play about 2 hours a day on average (and not every day) so it takes me a relatively long time to complete everything in a release, or even all the stuff I choose to do. That 'downtime' is helpful for me to give me time to finish some longer-term or lower priority goals before the next new thing comes along.

And if you are able to complete things fast enough that you run out of stuff to do it's not supposed to be a problem because this game is designed to accomodate players taking breaks or playing less sometimes, that's one of the reasons we don't have a gear or level treadmill. If you don't feel like there's anything for you to do or you don't feel like playing it go and do something else, and come back when there's something new or you want to replay what's already here.