New Elite: Rage of the Storms

SlitheSlivier.1908

60sec CD, essentially a meteor shower that is stronger, has quicker channel, and works while in any attunement that gives bonus effects based on your attunement. 1200 range large aoe.

I'm very surprised something like this wasn't originally implemented. The current elite skills are rather lackluster, imho, when trying to maintain 900-1200 casting distance for staff AoEs.

Thoughts?

I'd prefer the conjured Arcane Greatsword. I don't remember the thread, but it was something like "you earn differents effects when switching attunement (not just 240power/180condition) and skills have diffeents effect based on your attunement fire : damage and burning, water: some healing and chill, etc"

It is a great idea imo; it makes more sense as we already have an (useless) fire axe, and it's closer to Rebound, weaveself etc than a fire greatsword, and a meter shower that we already have and have no use outside rng dps.

> @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> The real issue is that staff is waaaay too slow. It used to be okay, but in a world of shades and other really quick AoE's it's a very outdated weapon.

I'm not sure laying a _Lava font_ is slower than laying a shade and you can use it just as often as shades (probably more often if you take the fire magic traitline). _Meteor shower_ is undeniably slower thought.

I don't think the weapon is outdated, I think skills nowadays pile up way too many effects, shades skills being a perfect example of too many effects piled up on single skills (the perversity of the necromancer's traits).

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> > The real issue is that staff is waaaay too slow. It used to be okay, but in a world of shades and other really quick AoE's it's a very outdated weapon.

>

> I'm not sure laying a _Lava font_ is slower than laying a shade and you can use it just as often as shades (probably more often if you take the fire magic traitline). _Meteor shower_ is undeniably slower thought.

>

> I don't think the weapon is outdated, I think skills nowadays pile up way too many effects, shades skills being a perfect example of too many effects piled up on single skills (the perversity of the necromancer's traits).

It's any ground targeted AoE skill except lava font, and even then lava font does have a delay before the first tick. Try meteor shower, ice spike, eruption, pyroclastic blast etc. Almost everything is slow. Then you also have the problem of losing all pressure when swapping out of fire unless you play weaver. Fire attunement should do the most damage, but other attunements do almost nothing.

> @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> > > The real issue is that staff is waaaay too slow. It used to be okay, but in a world of shades and other really quick AoE's it's a very outdated weapon.

> >

> > I'm not sure laying a _Lava font_ is slower than laying a shade and you can use it just as often as shades (probably more often if you take the fire magic traitline). _Meteor shower_ is undeniably slower thought.

> >

> > I don't think the weapon is outdated, I think skills nowadays pile up way too many effects, shades skills being a perfect example of too many effects piled up on single skills (the perversity of the necromancer's traits).

>

> It's any ground targeted AoE skill except lava font, and even then lava font does have a delay before the first tick. Try meteor shower, ice spike, eruption, pyroclastic blast etc. Almost everything is slow. Then you also have the problem of losing all pressure when swapping out of fire unless you play weaver. Fire attunement should do the most damage, but other attunements do almost nothing.

Yea i agree everything is too slow. Dual attack projectiles need to be much faster, I've spike need much less lag before the spike falls, cast times in many of the skills should be reduced. I also would like to see lava font doing damage immediately.

Personally i think meteor shower can keep the channel by should have 33% more meteors... add 1 more for every 3 that fall to make it a little less random, esp with the damage reduction per hit

Totally off topic tho... ranged eles don't have a good elite to use. Also many of the traits are useless, esp auras. It's be cool if sunspot/fire auras caused an explosion at your target instead of on you.