Opinion on a shady practice with the Gem Store

Hey, so I would like some feedback on a shady practice of Guild Wars Gems store items in particular the Gliders they are offering right now, so the thing is they offer Skyscale Squadron Glider for 500 gems in the store and there is a glider voucher ticket from which you can pick the same glider for 360 gems. I just wonder if this is fare to offer same glider or any other item in the store when there is a ticket form which you can pick up the same item for less? Or can this be considered as scamming?

I would not call it a choice when the selective items are a bit hidden, for most probably the items in display would be more approachable then the ones "Hidden" in tickets, the thing here is why they need to have two of the same items in the store with different prices

I don't think it's scamming but they probably should remove individual gliders (and weapons, outfits and backpack/glider combos) which are included in the vouchers while they're available, so there's no risk of someone buying the full priced item and then finding out there's a discounted version available. (Or reduce the price to the same as the voucher, but then there's still a risk someone who would buy a bundle of vouchers at a further discount will buy individual items first.)

I'm sure if you submitted a Support ticket and told them you bought the skyscale glider (or another item) before realising it was available from the voucher at a cheaper price they'd refund the excess gems, but that's not ideal for players or Anet because it takes longer and more staff time to resolve that way.

Well sadly this actually happened, my girlfriend bought a gift to me not realizing there is a voucher with the same skin in store.. i did contact the support but this is what i got as a response

"Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support!

We understand that you’re seeking a refund for your friend for the Skyscale Squadron Glider recently purchased from the Gem Store. Sadly, we are unable to refund the Gems used to make this purchase due to the length of time which has elapsed since the completion of this transaction. When making a purchase, we urge users to be careful as there are times where Customer Support is unable to assist.****"

Do note that a week did not pass before submitting the ticket

> @"Sealer.1937" said:

> I would not call it a choice when the selective items are a bit hidden, for most probably the items in display would be more approachable then the ones "Hidden" in tickets, the thing here is why they need to have two of the same items in the store with different prices

Then it's still not a scam. It's making the more expensive alternative the easier. The practice is shady as much as any sort of advertisement, sale campain or product management plan is shady. The bank always wins as they say. A grocery shop would never put anything on sale if it wouldn't make them money in the end. Sure you come for the half price item, but you also maybe buy three times what you need or you get some additional things since you're in the shop anyway.

Is it ay ok? I actually don't mind it that much, it just prefers the buyers who think about their spending and overcharges the impulse buyers. Again, you're free to chose how much you pay so it's up to you if you pay the higher price. DO I think it's intentional? I doubt it, the voucher is probably going to stay in the shop all year round, while sales on certain skins will come and go as they have so far.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> > @"Sealer.1937" said:

> > I would not call it a choice when the selective items are a bit hidden, for most probably the items in display would be more approachable then the ones "Hidden" in tickets, the thing here is why they need to have two of the same items in the store with different prices

>

> Then it's still not a scam. It's making the more expensive alternative the easier. The practice is shady as much as any sort of advertisement, sale campain or product management plan is shady. The bank always wins as they say. A grocery shop would never put anything on sale if it wouldn't make them money in the end. Sure you come for the half price item, but you also maybe buy three times what you need or you get some additional things since you're in the shop anyway.

>

> Is it ay ok? I actually don't mind it that much, it just prefers the buyers who think about their spending and overcharges the impulse buyers. Again, you're free to chose how much you pay so it's up to you if you pay the higher price. DO I think it's intentional? I doubt it, the voucher is probably going to stay in the shop all year round, while sales on certain skins will come and go as they have so far.

Well i would understand if there were a 3rd party store where you could get same items at different prices but not the same store with same items at different prices, as mentioned above by other it would be nice if the selective items from vouchers would not be shown at full price in the store as a individual purchase especially when there is a glider skin that has a difference of 340 gems between an individual purchase and the voucher choice ( individual skin of Draconick glider of 700 can be obtained for 360 from the voucher)

Your friend, not you, can submit a ticket to the CS Team about the issue.

The CS Team has never, to my knowledge, refunded gifts to the giftee.

If your friend gets the same answer, they could ask to have the ticket escalated to a Senior Team Member.

Of course, if the skin/item has been unlocked on the account, there would be no complete refund, but there could possibly be a price (in Gems) reduction.

Good luck.