PoF Ascended Weapons not being shared on Elite Spec unlock

Was talk in our guild that when unlocking an Ascension Collection Weapons that both **shared** Classes should be at 30 points so when unlocking a weapon collection. In my case had both Warrior & Ranger were at 30 points: chose Spellbreaker on the Warrior. Warrior got a Spellbreaker dagger. Swapped over to Ranger, claimed the Soulbeast, she did not get a Soulbeast dagger, so bought one from the Black Lion Trading Post for 65 gold - that way when she could complete the weapon's collection. (only to be temporarily blocked cause no Weaponsmith at 400 yet.)

So, Warrior got her Spellbreaker Dagger on unlocking her elite specialization. Yet when unlocked the Soulbeast on Ranger she **did not** get a dagger when unlocking the Soulbeast specialization. What gives here??

This last time I created a new Guardian (Sylvari) and got her Firebrand Axe from choosing the elite specialization 2 days ago. Today had unlocked the Mirage specialization and she **did** get an axe. Only difference was these classes did not have 30 points stored to unlock, log out, switch to other class, claim the PoF specialization.

A few players say it's no big deal, go get an axe from the trading post (around 65+ gold), so when that class completes their specialization they can have the PoF Ascension Weapon. Well, not everyone is floating in gold, nor may not have the time to farm to acquire it due to one or more jobs, family, weatherization, chores, whatnot. For me it could take a month to get enough gold to buy 1 piece that did not come when unlocking and Elite Specialization.

So not all weapons are not being shared when one claims a PoF Elite Specialization... and this should not be. Would think that if the game does not automatically give the class their PoF the character could go to a specific NPC to acquire their Elite Class Weapon. - Also would need a failsafe here to keep exploiters from salvaging their weapons to get more. Or should we send in a ticket with what classes did not get their Elite Spec Class Weapon and wait a week to get a response?

That is a lot of words but not much clarity.

It sounds like you are saying that the named exotics doesn't apply to both collections if one of those collections are not yet unlocked so you had to buy a second dagger? Otherwise there is no reason to be paying that much for an exotic dagger. Most are 2 or 3 gold each.

but you are also talking about the exotic version from unlocking the elite spec which doesn't involve any sharing at all

Ahh... I see where I went wrong... it's the collections weapon that does not get shared across collections.

Ranger and Warrior had unlocked their PoF Elite Specialization, each did in fact ger their daggers. Did a collections quest, "Tip of the Spear" which is Account instead of per Character... which is where the peril of gold vs. weapons for Specialization Collection comes into play.

So when acquiring a "Darehk's Quick End" on the Ranger it did not get shared with the Warrior. The Warrior will have to buy their own, which prices have and will probably escalate in prices.

Would of though that if both "dagger" classes are had their prospective Specialization Class Collections open, and when acquiring a "Darehk's Quick End" it would get shared across those collections . Does not appear so.

Am staring at the Warrior's Spec Collections and and there was no "Darehk's Quick End" added to the "Silence of a Thousand Years" collection that was open at the time the ranger unlocked the "Darehk's Quick End" to her "Fang of Mokèlé" collection.

Had like four hours sleep (2 jobs, no life). After getting some rest I see where I lost track. Sorry about that.

So the thing is when a specific exotic weapon is unlocked it **should be shared** across all collections that are unlocked and available. Not just for the Class that acquired the weapon!

So when getting the Ranger unlocked "Darehk's Quick End" it should had updated both "Fang of Mokèlé" *&* "Silence of a Thousand Years", not just one collection and not the other.

Only bugger I see if if having multiple classes, only one character get the exotic weapon in the end. The "looks" will be unlocked for other characters, so they will have to acquire a crafted Ascended weapon.

Darehk's Quick End *IS* shared between both collections assuming you actually had both collections unlocked when you added it to collections. I know it does because that is the only weapon I got so far and adding it to collections completed that for both collections. If not you can also re-add if you kept the dagger around.

Got that issue taken care of, thankfully. So both have their weapons.

Did notice however, that after elite speccing a Thief to Deadeye, only one basic weapon gets awarded. When I specced another Thief with Deadeye, she **did not** get a base Rifle. So wonder if the developers are going to address this for multiple classes, or is there only going to be one weapon awarded per Class?

Under the Character's Profile under Achievements Summary there is a panel for Unlocked Rewards. I wonder if the developers would then add these to the final outcome from the collections there? Would seem appropriate, and make the weapons anti-salvageable.

Just looked up "Kahdash's Riding Bow" for Revenant - 175 gold! Man, the game's getting serious now. The devs really need to give us other options of acquiring these rares past the sole collection. Soon weapons will be at 500 gold at this rate.

> @CyberneticRanger.9170 said:

> Did notice however, that after elite speccing a Thief to Deadeye, only one basic weapon gets awarded. When I specced another Thief with Deadeye, she **did not** get a base Rifle. So wonder if the developers are going to address this for multiple classes, or is there only going to be one weapon awarded per Class?

It's only awarded once per account, because it's an achievement.

> @CyberneticRanger.9170 said:

> Got that issue taken care of, thankfully. So both have their weapons.

>

> Did notice however, that after elite speccing a Thief to Deadeye, only one basic weapon gets awarded. When I specced another Thief with Deadeye, she **did not** get a base Rifle. So wonder if the developers are going to address this for multiple classes, or is there only going to be one weapon awarded per Class?

>

> Under the Character's Profile under Achievements Summary there is a panel for Unlocked Rewards. I wonder if the developers would then add these to the final outcome from the collections there? Would seem appropriate, and make the weapons anti-salvageable.

>

> Just looked up "Kahdash's Riding Bow" for Revenant - 175 gold! Man, the game's getting serious now. The devs really need to give us other options of acquiring these rares past the sole collection. Soon weapons will be at 500 gold at this rate.

The exotic weapons are from achievements. Those achievements are not repeatable. That means they are all once per account.

As for prices ... that is probably from a lack of people in PoF. Should get slightly better once LS4 starts.

I took a look today and I am very surprised how few of these are on the market. I guess only Anet know if this is market manipulation/hoarding or if very few of these are being found and, if the latter, whether that is caused by general lack of PoF activity, if people are not doing the right events or if there is a problem with them dropping.

> @Jong.5937 said:

> I took a look today and I am very surprised how few of these are on the market. I guess only Anet know if this is market manipulation/hoarding or if very few of these are being found and, if the latter, whether that is caused by general lack of PoF activity, if people are not doing the right events or if there is a problem with them dropping.

They come from unidentified gear, possibly only the rare ones. You can get those from doing just about anything in PoF so there is no such thing as doing the right or wrong events.

I'm aware that's our understanding, which makes it all the strange just how few of these on the market.

I am not moaning about the price. I started out defending the current buy price and, in fact, at buy price, the cost of these new collection weapons is still not far adrift from the HoT equivalents. Anyway I have completed all the collections and only paid 45g each for the three I had to buy a couple of weeks ago. But yesterday there were [only 4 shortbows on offer at any price, right now it's 14](https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/83134-Kahdashs-Riding-Bow "only 4 shortbows on offer at any price, right now it's 14"). Yesterday less than 50 were traded. That's globally! Pretty tiny numbers for something everyone who wants the revenant weapon needs. There are [only 6 of the daggers on offer](https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/84068-Darehks-Quick-End "only 6 of the daggers on offer") this morning and they are needed by 2 classes!

If really they drop from all unidentified gear, even rare, the drop rate is either truly tiny, there is a lot of hoarding, or activity has really died. It's unusual for sure. Maybe they misjudged the drop rate? With reclaimed weapons people didn't need the specific weapon for the collection; they could buy 2 or 3 reclaimed weapons of any type, salvage the plates and craft their own weapon. This time all the demand is focused on 6 out of 18.

> @Jong.5937 said:

> I'm aware that's our understanding, which makes it all the strange just how few of these on the market.

>

> I am not moaning about the price. I started out defending the current buy price and, in fact, at buy price, the cost of these new collection weapons is still not far adrift from the HoT equivalents. Anyway I have completed all the collections and only paid 45g each for the three I had to buy a couple of weeks ago. But yesterday there were [only 4 shortbows on offer at any price, right now it's 14](https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/83134-Kahdashs-Riding-Bow "only 4 shortbows on offer at any price, right now it's 14"). Yesterday less than 50 were traded. That's globally! Pretty tiny numbers for something everyone who wants the revenant weapon needs. There are [only 6 of the daggers on offer](https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/84068-Darehks-Quick-End "only 6 of the daggers on offer") this morning and they are needed by 2 classes!

>

> If really they drop from all unidentified gear, even rare, the drop rate is either truly tiny, there is a lot of hoarding, or activity has really died. It's unusual for sure. Maybe they misjudged the drop rate? With reclaimed weapons people didn't need the specific weapon for the collection; they could buy 2 or 3 reclaimed weapons of any type, salvage the plates and craft their own weapon. This time all the demand is focused on 6 out of 18.

>

>

2 issues. You probably *have* to identify to get these but many people are probalby jsut salvaging without identifying because they don't want to deal with the crappy sigils so effectively there are much fewer pieces of unidentified gear than you might thing from just counting. The other thing is that the last time I identified a pile of unid gear. While I did get around 5 exotics, 0 of them were from the sunspear set so it seems they have a lower drop rate from the unid gear than core exotics. Oh and that was with 800+ MF too.

> @Khisanth.2948 said:

> 2 issues. You probably *have* to identify to get these but many people are probalby jsut salvaging without identifying because they don't want to deal with the crappy sigils so effectively there are much fewer pieces of unidentified gear than you might thing from just counting. The other thing is that the last time I identified a pile of unid gear. While I did get around 5 exotics, 0 of them were from the sunspear set so it seems they have a lower drop rate from the unid gear than core exotics. Oh and that was with 800+ MF too.

Sunspear weapons are crafted and can be sold on the TP. They don't drop from any other source.

> @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > @Khisanth.2948 said:

> > 2 issues. You probably *have* to identify to get these but many people are probalby jsut salvaging without identifying because they don't want to deal with the crappy sigils so effectively there are much fewer pieces of unidentified gear than you might thing from just counting. The other thing is that the last time I identified a pile of unid gear. While I did get around 5 exotics, 0 of them were from the sunspear set so it seems they have a lower drop rate from the unid gear than core exotics. Oh and that was with 800+ MF too.

>

> Sunspear weapons are crafted and can be sold on the TP. They don't drop from any other source.

Uh unless you can come up with a better name for these things ... they have the same skin

> @Khisanth.2948 said:

> > @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > > @Khisanth.2948 said:

> > > 2 issues. You probably *have* to identify to get these but many people are probalby jsut salvaging without identifying because they don't want to deal with the crappy sigils so effectively there are much fewer pieces of unidentified gear than you might thing from just counting. The other thing is that the last time I identified a pile of unid gear. While I did get around 5 exotics, 0 of them were from the sunspear set so it seems they have a lower drop rate from the unid gear than core exotics. Oh and that was with 800+ MF too.

> >

> > Sunspear weapons are crafted and can be sold on the TP. They don't drop from any other source.

>

> Uh unless you can come up with a better name for these things ... they have the same skin

Yes, they do. I assumed you were talking about the Sunspear weapons set rather than the named exotics with the shared skin when you were talking about the drop rate. So, my bad for misunderstanding.