Spellbreaker vs Berserker for Open World

Saraneth.6021

I really really really REALLY want SB to be a great -viable- raid spec (c'mon.. daggers feel GREAT to play, at least I think they do) and I'd just like to see them be able to bring something else even strong utility to the table similar to how chrono does.. If chrono wasn't SOOOO strong as it currently is even as a tank? SB would likely be doing Chrono's job perhaps.

I love the speed and damage I feel I am able to dish out with SB, I just wish I wasn't dismissed for wanting to play it beyond open world in pve. I cannot fathom wisdom behind making elite specs for 'pvp only'. To me that's beyond silly and it's extremely easy to fix by having things adjust differently from pvp/pve in the code. I just wish companies weren't so resistant to making these sorts of adjustments.

I wasn't particularly successful or enjoyed core warrior or berserker... but Spellbreaker had something that captivated me, and now it's the first toon of mine to have mapped all PoF maps. The playstyle feels comfortable and there's no greater satisfaction than getting a bunch of mobs down to the last inch of their lives then standing back, popping the shield just before one of the mobs attacks and watching them all die from their buddy's mistake. Classic.

> @Saraneth.6021 said:

> > @choovanski.5462 said:

> > open world is so easy you can play either tbh

> >

> > i don’t even bother with a new build, i just run the same full zerker gunflame (rifle gs) i run for wvw. if it works in wvw vs players, it’s gonna work in pve too. it’s just kite & damage while keeping AH up.

>

> Happen to have a build I could look at please?

i just run one of my PvP gunflame builds in WvW. all my gear is zerker, but feel free to run whatever power gear you like. feel free to change the healing skill too, i use mending in pvp because its 15sec cooldown, but it’s 20 in pve & wvw.

Normal

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJAURnEdAlkidhAWhAElilqATpHE7yBvj2W7sFZx1ACAA-jpBHQBtY/hmUGghHBg59AAI4hAAAXAAA

YOLO

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJAURnckC9dgdhAWhAElilqA7d0maftK9gGXOAZBs1CAA-jpBHQBE8QAwwjAAAuAAtY/hmUGYePAAA

Extra-YOLO

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJAURnckC9dgdhAWhAEliliA7d4mcfuGDgHQAQpL06yCA-jpBHQBM8IA0kyAtY/BCeIAAwFAYePAAA

the YOLO builds have a more strict burst rotation. you want to berserk>arcing slice>gunflame>blood reckoning>gunflame>volley>gunflame (use on cooldown, cancel volley if needed)>arcing slice. ideally you will land two gunflames, one arcing slice & part of a volley while under blood reckoning, so that’s a big heal & ton of damage.

unrelated, is that an old kingdom reference? because if it is, i gotta ask is there anyone better to play mogget than ricky gervais?

There are some very bitter people on this forum. Open world PvE is very easy, so you run whatever you like. Both Berserker and Spellbreaker do enough damage that running either is no issue (unless you're not running at least full zerk armor or zerk/viper's for Berserker). Spellbreaker has more survivability without having to sacrifice dps. In a non-meta set-up, the dps difference between Berserker and Spellbreaker is minimal at best and not enough to get worked up over. In high-end, meta comps, Berserker outshines Spellbreaker. However, the OP asked about open world. Berserker is very boring imo and quite slow in comparison to Spellbreaker. Berserker is far more bursty than Spellbreaker. So really all that matters is how you like to play! If you want to run condi, then Berserker is really your only option, but power is either spec. Don't let the bitter people deter you!