hope next elite spec

jsp.6912

have you seen the latest fractal boss? I'm sure it has "next warrior spec" all written over it. Top AoE damage + Pets!

Isn't spellbreaker a kinda support thou? i mean a shoutbreaker applies more cleanses than an FB and is right behind a tempest and scrapper.

What warrior is missing is ranged AoE. Rifle is single target and longbow is the most awkward weapon in game. Some ranged AoE with focus in support and CC maybe? Can it be named Commander? And scepter as weapon so it still can use shield for extra tankiness?

Utilities have upkeep and use energy management replacing the adrenaline and the burst attacks (imagine a ranged CC spec which also can eviscerate for 12k.... Too much I would say). To make it compatible with actual traits it still has the 3 or 4 bars so whenever one is spent the relevant traits trigger. Utilities "commands" can be considered as casting a burst skill when Activated as they are upkeep skills (for example Burst Mastery would grant a 7% damage increase to commands and swiftness on activation)

Something like a mix between guardian and herald? The ones who still want a pet can still use rune of the ogre or privateer to fulfill that desire or craft the legendary scepter for the winged mini. And because energy is only used on the utilities it should be much easier to balance.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"anduriell.6280" said:

> have you seen the latest fractal boss? I'm sure it has "next warrior spec" all written over it. Top AoE damage + Pets!

>

> Isn't spellbreaker a kinda support thou? i mean a shoutbreaker applies more cleanses than an FB and is right behind a tempest and scrapper.

More like boon rip plus dps, the support comes from Tactics.

> What warrior is missing is ranged AoE. Rifle is single target and longbow is the most awkward weapon in game. Some ranged AoE with focus in support and CC maybe? Can it be named Commander? And scepter as weapon so it still can use shield for extra tankiness?

Or... Pistol/pistol and have pistol/shield as an option along with another viable OH.

> Utilities have upkeep and use energy management replacing the adrenaline and the burst attacks (imagine a ranged CC spec which also can eviscerate for 12k.... Too much I would say). To make it compatible with actual traits it still has the 3 or 4 bars so whenever one is spent the relevant traits trigger. Utilities "commands" can be considered as casting a burst skill when Activated as they are upkeep skills (for example Burst Mastery would grant a 7% damage increase to commands and swiftness on activation)

Then you've made a new revanent spec not a warrior one.

> Something like a mix between guardian and herald? The ones who still want a pet can still use rune of the ogre or privateer to fulfill that desire or craft the legendary scepter for the winged mini. And because energy is only used on the utilities it should be much easier to balance.

I'm thinking a warrior/engineer cross myself or warrior/ranger.

> @"anduriell.6280" said:

> have you seen the latest fractal boss? I'm sure it has "next warrior spec" all written over it. Top AoE damage + Pets!

>

> Isn't spellbreaker a kinda support thou? i mean a shoutbreaker applies more cleanses than an FB and is right behind a tempest and scrapper.

>

> What warrior is missing is ranged AoE. Rifle is single target and longbow is the most awkward weapon in game. Some ranged AoE with focus in support and CC maybe? Can it be named Commander? And scepter as weapon so it still can use shield for extra tankiness?

> Utilities have upkeep and use energy management replacing the adrenaline and the burst attacks (imagine a ranged CC spec which also can eviscerate for 12k.... Too much I would say). To make it compatible with actual traits it still has the 3 or 4 bars so whenever one is spent the relevant traits trigger. Utilities "commands" can be considered as casting a burst skill when Activated as they are upkeep skills (for example Burst Mastery would grant a 7% damage increase to commands and swiftness on activation)

>

> Something like a mix between guardian and herald? The ones who still want a pet can still use rune of the ogre or privateer to fulfill that desire or craft the legendary scepter for the winged mini. And because energy is only used on the utilities it should be much easier to balance.

>

Dude, you claimed that that boss showcases the new ranger spec, then it is the new elementalist spec, now it is a warrior spec?

When can I expect you to come over to the engineer forum and claim it is supposed to be theirs?

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> So true sadly. Please stop crushing my hopes @"Dadnir.5038" I want a meaningful espec for warrior support not to get back what they took away from core at a steep cost.

Aye! Sorry! Let's raise up your expectation.

> **Trait:**

Minor traits:

- Movement speed is increased while wielding a banner

- Might you grant last 20% longer

> Upper trait: Support

> - _Inspire_ also grant fury,

> - Add regen (10s) to _rallying cry_,

> - Wielded warbanner now grant it's boon to allies within 600 range.

>

> Middle traitline: Martial

> - ~~Increase outgoing damage when wielding a warbanner~~ Warbanner skill#1 grant might (6s) to up to 5 allies within 600 range.

> - _Rallying cry_ become _routing cry_ dealing damage and weakening nearby foes.

> - _Banner's glory_ now also fear (1s) foes struck.

>

> Lower traitline: Strategist

> - Gain concentration while wielding a warbanner or a pistol.

> - ~~_Inspire_ now break stun for nearby allies.~~ _Commands_ now grant barrier. _Rallying cry_ is now a _command_ for traits and runes purpose.

> - ~~_Commands_ are more 50% effective while you wield a warbanner.~~ _Inspire_ now break stun for nearby allies. Inspire also grant 3 might (8s).

>

**Rune:**

Rune of the standard bearer:

- +25 toughness

- +35 concentration

- +50 toughness

- +65 concentration

- +100 toughness

- _Commands_ grant an additional 3 might stacks for 5 seconds.

With this you can probably resurect the old _Phalanx warrior_ (kicking the druid out of PvE) and even take on the tank spot in PvE. In WvW this may reduce the scourge population in zerg (depend on the barrier output balance). In sPvP you'll have player whining that Standard bearer is unkillable (while it's not the case, obviously).

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > So true sadly. Please stop crushing my hopes @"Dadnir.5038" I want a meaningful espec for warrior support not to get back what they took away from core at a steep cost.

>

> Aye! Sorry! Let's raise up your expectation.

>

> > **Trait:**

> Minor traits:

> - Movement speed is increased while wielding a banner

> - Might you grant last 20% longer

>

> > Upper trait: Support

> > - _Inspire_ also grant fury,

> > - Add regen (10s) to _rallying cry_,

> > - Wielded warbanner now grant it's boon to allies within 600 range.

> >

> > Middle traitline: Martial

> > - ~~Increase outgoing damage when wielding a warbanner~~ Warbanner skill#1 grant might (6s) to up to 5 allies within 600 range.

> > - _Rallying cry_ become _routing cry_ dealing damage and weakening nearby foes.

> > - _Banner's glory_ now also fear (1s) foes struck.

> >

> > Lower traitline: Strategist

> > - Gain concentration while wielding a warbanner or a pistol.

> > - ~~_Inspire_ now break stun for nearby allies.~~ _Commands_ now grant barrier. _Rallying cry_ is now a _command_ for traits and runes purpose.

> > - ~~_Commands_ are more 50% effective while you wield a warbanner.~~ _Inspire_ now break stun for nearby allies. Inspire also grant 3 might (8s).

> >

> **Rune:**

> Rune of the standard bearer:

> - +25 toughness

> - +35 concentration

> - +50 toughness

> - +65 concentration

> - +100 toughness

> - _Commands_ grant an additional 3 might stacks for 5 seconds.

>

> With this you can probably resurect the old _Phalanx warrior_ (kicking the druid out of PvE) and even take on the tank spot in PvE. In WvW this may reduce the scourge population in zerg (depend on the barrier output balance). In sPvP you'll have player whining that Standard bearer is unkillable (while it's not the case, obviously).

Better, needs more smoke fields and blast finishers though.

If the spec is based on gadgets, kits or summons, the rune that is made for the warrior/engineer could be used by other classes as well else we'd end up with a rune that only 1 class can use and becomes worthless to anyone else, making its value shoot right down.

However I do not every want to see rubbish like the rune of the trapper come into the game again, Stealth should never be given to classes which are not 'designed' around it. Picture that rune on a rifle killshot warrior, lay trap > F1. Or Laytrap Bulls rush. (that rune needs to have stealth removed from it.)

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> Stealth should never be given to classes which are not 'designed' around it.

This also implies that Stealth should be removed from Ranger Longbow and Smokescale would need to lose its Smoke field.

Celestial Shadow also would need to be reworked.

You would also need to replace the Stealth Gyro on Scrapper, as well as Elixir S's toolbelt skills.

After all, Rangers and Engineers aren't designed around stealth.

While I would welcome these changes in addition to removing Stealth from Trapper runes, I simply can't imagine Arenanet neutering their beloved Stealth.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> If the spec is based on gadgets, kits or summons, the rune that is made for the warrior/engineer could be used by other classes as well else we'd end up with a rune that only 1 class can use and becomes worthless to anyone else, making its value shoot right down.

>

> However I do not every want to see rubbish like the rune of the trapper come into the game again, Stealth should never be given to classes which are not 'designed' around it. Picture that rune on a rifle killshot warrior, lay trap > F1. Or Laytrap Bulls rush. (that rune needs to have stealth removed from it.)

I am 100% okay with all of these things.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > Stealth should never be given to classes which are not 'designed' around it.

>

> This also implies that Stealth should be removed from Ranger Longbow and Smokescale would need to lose its Smoke field.

> Celestial Shadow also would need to be reworked.

> You would also need to replace the Stealth Gyro on Scrapper, as well as Elixir S's toolbelt skills.

> After all, Rangers and Engineers aren't designed around stealth.

>

> While I would welcome these changes in addition to removing Stealth from Trapper runes, I simply can't imagine Arenanet neutering their beloved Stealth.

You completely missed the mark on this. Classes that are not designed to have stealth do not have stealth in their kit (no skills to provide it to themselves) Like guardian, like warrior, like elementalist, like necro and like the rev. regarding the rune to provide stealth on a trap use, this is aimed directly at the guardian. Stealth gives a huge advantage to exploit a players guard to win.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > Stealth should never be given to classes which are not 'designed' around it.

>

> This also implies that Stealth should be removed from Ranger Longbow and Smokescale would need to lose its Smoke field.

> Celestial Shadow also would need to be reworked.

> You would also need to replace the Stealth Gyro on Scrapper, as well as Elixir S's toolbelt skills.

> After all, Rangers and Engineers aren't designed around stealth.

>

> While I would welcome these changes in addition to removing Stealth from Trapper runes, I simply can't imagine Arenanet neutering their beloved Stealth.

Yeah and remove smoke field from the game as well as then other classes like warrior or guardian can get access to the mechanic by blasting ally field. Stealth needs a rework also to differentiate from invisibility from mesmer, both are ingame and both work the same.

I personaly would choose to have 3 different types of invisibility:

* stealth for smokefields and thief, which makes you Invisible to enemies farther than 600 (thief could reduce this range by traits)

* Invisibility which only makes you invisible to enemies within 600 radius (and mesmer would be able to extend the range by traits)

* Deadeye with access to camouflage (no stealth) which has no range threshold but is limited to not to be able to perform any action or the DE would be revealed.

Those thresholds are constantly applied, which means a thief in stealth would be visible within 600 of you but it would go back to invisibility as soon as it get outside of the threshold for as long as the effect last.

And apply the relevant effects to all the other classes.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> You completely missed the mark on this. Classes that are not designed to have stealth do not have stealth in their kit (no skills to provide it to themselves) Like guardian, like warrior, like elementalist, like necro and like the rev. regarding the rune to provide stealth on a trap use, this is aimed directly at the guardian. Stealth gives a huge advantage to exploit a players guard to win.

Elementalist have a smoke field underwater (earth#5) and can blast it with _arcane brillance_ for some stealth. Revenant technically can access any mechanism because it's it's nature to be whatever it's legend is, so I'd see no issue with revenant geting some form of stealth with an e-spec.

_Superior runes of the trapper_ were introduced a whole year before HoT, they absolutely weren't meant for DH.

Stealth is only broken if you can exploit it to burst down a foe because it hide all tells. The unfortunate point is that ANet designed it's thiefs around this very idea which is also why ANet is reluctant to touch stealth because it would mean that they would have to fully redesign the thief's stealth attack mechanism and defense system (which they won't do).

> @"VocalThought.9835" said:

> > @"Azreell.1568" said:

> > What warrior needs more then anything is a viable ranged spec.

> >

> > Preferably one that is group friendly.

> >

>

> They have Rifle and Long Bow. I hope the next range weapon is Dual Pistols.

Likewise, warrior needs a viable ranged dps kit out. Much as I'd love dual pistols for that I'd be fine with Staff being the new weapon for those support favoring players if Anet would fix the rifle. It hasn't been remotely viable outside of pvp in almost 8 years. That said, they need to go ahead and separate PvP and PvE stats altogether so weapons and skills and be balanced independently of each mode. It sucks to have weapons nerfed and broken for PvE because of it being to OP in PvP and vice versa.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > have you seen the latest fractal boss? I'm sure it has "next warrior spec" all written over it. Top AoE damage + Pets!

> >

> > Isn't spellbreaker a kinda support thou? i mean a shoutbreaker applies more cleanses than an FB and is right behind a tempest and scrapper.

> >

> > What warrior is missing is ranged AoE. Rifle is single target and longbow is the most awkward weapon in game. Some ranged AoE with focus in support and CC maybe? Can it be named Commander? And scepter as weapon so it still can use shield for extra tankiness?

> > Utilities have upkeep and use energy management replacing the adrenaline and the burst attacks (imagine a ranged CC spec which also can eviscerate for 12k.... Too much I would say). To make it compatible with actual traits it still has the 3 or 4 bars so whenever one is spent the relevant traits trigger. Utilities "commands" can be considered as casting a burst skill when Activated as they are upkeep skills (for example Burst Mastery would grant a 7% damage increase to commands and swiftness on activation)

> >

> > Something like a mix between guardian and herald? The ones who still want a pet can still use rune of the ogre or privateer to fulfill that desire or craft the legendary scepter for the winged mini. And because energy is only used on the utilities it should be much easier to balance.

> >

>

> Dude, you claimed that that boss showcases the new ranger spec, then it is the new elementalist spec, now it is a warrior spec?

Seriously, apparently the boss from that trailer depicts half of the gw2 classes' new especs :no_mouth:

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > > have you seen the latest fractal boss? I'm sure it has "next warrior spec" all written over it. Top AoE damage + Pets!

> > >

> > > Isn't spellbreaker a kinda support thou? i mean a shoutbreaker applies more cleanses than an FB and is right behind a tempest and scrapper.

> > >

> > > What warrior is missing is ranged AoE. Rifle is single target and longbow is the most awkward weapon in game. Some ranged AoE with focus in support and CC maybe? Can it be named Commander? And scepter as weapon so it still can use shield for extra tankiness?

> > > Utilities have upkeep and use energy management replacing the adrenaline and the burst attacks (imagine a ranged CC spec which also can eviscerate for 12k.... Too much I would say). To make it compatible with actual traits it still has the 3 or 4 bars so whenever one is spent the relevant traits trigger. Utilities "commands" can be considered as casting a burst skill when Activated as they are upkeep skills (for example Burst Mastery would grant a 7% damage increase to commands and swiftness on activation)

> > >

> > > Something like a mix between guardian and herald? The ones who still want a pet can still use rune of the ogre or privateer to fulfill that desire or craft the legendary scepter for the winged mini. And because energy is only used on the utilities it should be much easier to balance.

> > >

> >

> > Dude, you claimed that that boss showcases the new ranger spec, then it is the new elementalist spec, now it is a warrior spec?

>

> Seriously, apparently the boss from that trailer depicts half of the gw2 classes' new especs :no_mouth:

Everyone is looking for clues. Which begs the question, when will they start teasing the new especs?

More likely than not, warrior is going to get something similar to guardian FB. It will have support and can either be condi or power dps. This is the role mostly missing from the warrior. That is performance aside of course. With exceptional few periods, warrior tends to the worst performing.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> Any details? :p

One is by the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/d/da/Raid_portal.jpg in VB

The others are in Drizzlewood Coast, Please see the waypoint at 'Forward Camp Waypoint' Head north and look for a Norn Keeper. Other NPC's on this map being the charr 'Dualists' who provide might to allies can also be used in this instance.

[&BHIMAAA=] Waypoint for Drizzle

[&BPoHAAA=] North of this PoI on the steps.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > Any details? :p

>

> One is by the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/d/da/Raid_portal.jpg in VB

> The others are in Drizzlewood Coast, Please see the waypoint at 'Forward Camp Waypoint' Head north and look for a Norn Keeper. Other NPC's on this map being the charr 'Dualists' who provide might to allies can also be used in this instance.

>

> [&BHIMAAA=] Waypoint for Drizzle

> [&BPoHAAA=] North of this PoI on the steps.

>

>

>

To be fair, npcs having a weapon doesn't necessarily mean that it will be the next elite spec weapon for that class. They are simply not following the same rules as the player characters and there are quite some examples of npcs of specific classes having access to weapons they can't wield and they didn't get it as an elite spec weapon.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

>

> To be fair, npcs having a weapon doesn't necessarily mean that it will be the next elite spec weapon for that class. They are simply not following the same rules as the player characters and there are quite some examples of npcs of specific classes having access to weapons they can't wield and they didn't get it as an elite spec weapon.

I'm not so sure, Anet has a track record of putting NPC's in the game with weapons that class can not currently use. Chrono was hinted from core, then Reaper through the living world. Also dont forget Canarch, a warrior who has a strong engie/warrior vibe, I'd say his elite spec is going to come within this expansion.

The only NPC's that come to mind which conform to your comment 'npcs having a weapon doesn't necessarily mean that it will be the next elite spec weapon for that class.' are the charr within the core maps, before I would excuse this as it was one of their racial skills, but with the latest map and only the heavy armour charr having pistols now along with the norn keepers in heavy armour, it is almost too clear to ignore.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> >

> > To be fair, npcs having a weapon doesn't necessarily mean that it will be the next elite spec weapon for that class. They are simply not following the same rules as the player characters and there are quite some examples of npcs of specific classes having access to weapons they can't wield and they didn't get it as an elite spec weapon.

>

> I'm not so sure, Anet has a track record of putting NPC's in the game with weapons that class can not currently use. Chrono was hinted from core, then Reaper through the living world. Also dont forget Canarch, a warrior who has a strong engie/warrior vibe, I'd say his elite spec is going to come within this expansion.

>

>

> The only NPC's that come to mind which conform to your comment 'npcs having a weapon doesn't necessarily mean that it will be the next elite spec weapon for that class.' are the charr within the core maps, before I would excuse this as it was one of their racial skills, but with the latest map and only the heavy armour charr having pistols now along with the norn keepers in heavy armour, it is almost too clear to ignore.

>

Well as far as Charr, Iron Legion is very 'Engineer' focused no matter their base class, which is why you see so many of them with pistols and doing the rapid fire animation. Its 'Hidden Pistol' and its tool belt skill being used.

I mean we had dual classes in GW1, and it does not surprise me that they did that for the NPCs during development under the hood.

Canache is definitely a Warrior/Engineer though with all those bombs but no Photon Forge related skills.

Nothing wrong with Warrior getting Pistol/Pistol and a set of utilities like 'Bombs' or 'Gadgets' that are made to be supportive in nature.

> > @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > >

> > > To be fair, npcs having a weapon doesn't necessarily mean that it will be the next elite spec weapon for that class. They are simply not following the same rules as the player characters and there are quite some examples of npcs of specific classes having access to weapons they can't wield and they didn't get it as an elite spec weapon.

> >

> > I'm not so sure, Anet has a track record of putting NPC's in the game with weapons that class can not currently use. Chrono was hinted from core, then Reaper through the living world. Also dont forget Canarch, a warrior who has a strong engie/warrior vibe, I'd say his elite spec is going to come within this expansion.

> >

> >

> > The only NPC's that come to mind which conform to your comment 'npcs having a weapon doesn't necessarily mean that it will be the next elite spec weapon for that class.' are the charr within the core maps, before I would excuse this as it was one of their racial skills, but with the latest map and only the heavy armour charr having pistols now along with the norn keepers in heavy armour, it is almost too clear to ignore.

> >

>

> Well as far as Charr, Iron Legion is very 'Engineer' focused no matter their base class, which is why you see so many of them with pistols and doing the rapid fire animation. Its 'Hidden Pistol' and its tool belt skill being used.

>

> I mean we had dual classes in GW1, and it does not surprise me that they did that for the NPCs during development under the hood.

>

> Canache is definitely a Warrior/Engineer though with all those bombs but no Photon Forge related skills.

>

> Nothing wrong with Warrior getting Pistol/Pistol and a set of utilities like 'Bombs' or 'Gadgets' that are made to be supportive in nature.

I am not really sure if Canach is really a warrior, tho.

The only thing pointing in that direction for me is that he seems to wear heavy armor, which is not really a strong evidence in my opinion if we keep in mind that engineer was initially supposed to be a heavy armor class during development.

It could be that this is just a hommage to that fact.

Or is there anything else I am missing that makes him a warrior?

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > > > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > >

> > > > To be fair, npcs having a weapon doesn't necessarily mean that it will be the next elite spec weapon for that class. They are simply not following the same rules as the player characters and there are quite some examples of npcs of specific classes having access to weapons they can't wield and they didn't get it as an elite spec weapon.

> > >

> > > I'm not so sure, Anet has a track record of putting NPC's in the game with weapons that class can not currently use. Chrono was hinted from core, then Reaper through the living world. Also dont forget Canarch, a warrior who has a strong engie/warrior vibe, I'd say his elite spec is going to come within this expansion.

> > >

> > >

> > > The only NPC's that come to mind which conform to your comment 'npcs having a weapon doesn't necessarily mean that it will be the next elite spec weapon for that class.' are the charr within the core maps, before I would excuse this as it was one of their racial skills, but with the latest map and only the heavy armour charr having pistols now along with the norn keepers in heavy armour, it is almost too clear to ignore.

> > >

> >

> > Well as far as Charr, Iron Legion is very 'Engineer' focused no matter their base class, which is why you see so many of them with pistols and doing the rapid fire animation. Its 'Hidden Pistol' and its tool belt skill being used.

> >

> > I mean we had dual classes in GW1, and it does not surprise me that they did that for the NPCs during development under the hood.

> >

> > Canache is definitely a Warrior/Engineer though with all those bombs but no Photon Forge related skills.

> >

> > Nothing wrong with Warrior getting Pistol/Pistol and a set of utilities like 'Bombs' or 'Gadgets' that are made to be supportive in nature.

>

> I am not really sure if Canach is really a warrior, tho.

> The only thing pointing in that direction for me is that he seems to wear heavy armor, which is not really a strong evidence in my opinion if we keep in mind that engineer was initially supposed to be a heavy armor class during development.

>

> It could be that this is just a hommage to that fact.

> Or is there anything else I am missing that makes him a warrior?

Skills

Slash - Basic melee attack.

Fiery Block - Canach blocks with his shield, dealing 1,000 damage to attackers when blocking, and reflects projectiles.

Shield Charge - Miscellaneous effect.png Leaps to target, afflicting Launch.png launches.

Mine Detonation - Detonates all mines in Canach's Lair.

Mine Rearm - Rearms all detonated or deactivated mines in Canach's Lair.

The first three sound like a sword/shield warrior with Shield Mastery + Runes of the Guardian to me while the last two are definitely engineer themed.

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > > > > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > To be fair, npcs having a weapon doesn't necessarily mean that it will be the next elite spec weapon for that class. They are simply not following the same rules as the player characters and there are quite some examples of npcs of specific classes having access to weapons they can't wield and they didn't get it as an elite spec weapon.

> > > >

> > > > I'm not so sure, Anet has a track record of putting NPC's in the game with weapons that class can not currently use. Chrono was hinted from core, then Reaper through the living world. Also dont forget Canarch, a warrior who has a strong engie/warrior vibe, I'd say his elite spec is going to come within this expansion.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > The only NPC's that come to mind which conform to your comment 'npcs having a weapon doesn't necessarily mean that it will be the next elite spec weapon for that class.' are the charr within the core maps, before I would excuse this as it was one of their racial skills, but with the latest map and only the heavy armour charr having pistols now along with the norn keepers in heavy armour, it is almost too clear to ignore.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Well as far as Charr, Iron Legion is very 'Engineer' focused no matter their base class, which is why you see so many of them with pistols and doing the rapid fire animation. Its 'Hidden Pistol' and its tool belt skill being used.

> > >

> > > I mean we had dual classes in GW1, and it does not surprise me that they did that for the NPCs during development under the hood.

> > >

> > > Canache is definitely a Warrior/Engineer though with all those bombs but no Photon Forge related skills.

> > >

> > > Nothing wrong with Warrior getting Pistol/Pistol and a set of utilities like 'Bombs' or 'Gadgets' that are made to be supportive in nature.

> >

> > I am not really sure if Canach is really a warrior, tho.

> > The only thing pointing in that direction for me is that he seems to wear heavy armor, which is not really a strong evidence in my opinion if we keep in mind that engineer was initially supposed to be a heavy armor class during development.

> >

> > It could be that this is just a hommage to that fact.

> > Or is there anything else I am missing that makes him a warrior?

>

> Skills

> Slash - Basic melee attack.

> Fiery Block - Canach blocks with his shield, dealing 1,000 damage to attackers when blocking, and reflects projectiles.

> Shield Charge - Miscellaneous effect.png Leaps to target, afflicting Launch.png launches.

> Mine Detonation - Detonates all mines in Canach's Lair.

> Mine Rearm - Rearms all detonated or deactivated mines in Canach's Lair.

>

> The first three sound like a sword/shield warrior with Shield Mastery + Runes of the Guardian to me while the last two are definitely engineer themed.

I think this is a bit wishful thinking.

"Slash" is literally just some random "I auto with my sword" skill. That skill name isn't even used in warrior's auto attack chain, but it is part of the sword chains for ranger and thief. It is just generic in general.

Fiery block deals damage with the shield, which isn't what warrior does with a shield.

Shield charge is the closest to a warrior ability, but there is still the difference that he launches you while warrior would stun you instead.

I don't think that Anet's intention really has been that he is a warrior, but more that they wanted to make him have skills which support his mine mechanic. Hence why he has a launch and also the block. He mostly has a playstyle of not dealing damage directly to you, but pushing you into his mines instead while you are unable to damage him.

I would still primarily see Canach as an engineer. He never really has shown any warrior qualities in the lore (except some REALLY generic weapon skills from that one fight, which could easily be from any profession and are not really tied to warrior), his most notable feature are his affinity for explosives, which is primarily an engineer thing.

He is also mostly used as an explosives expert in story events.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

>

> I think this is a bit wishful thinking.

>

> "Slash" is literally just some random "I auto with my sword" skill. That skill name isn't even used in warrior's auto attack chain, but it is part of the sword chains for ranger and thief. It is just generic in general.

>

> Fiery block deals damage with the shield, which isn't what warrior does with a shield.

>

> Shield charge is the closest to a warrior ability, but there is still the difference that he launches you while warrior would stun you instead.

>

> I don't think that Anet's intention really has been that he is a warrior, but more that they wanted to make him have skills which support his mine mechanic. Hence why he has a launch and also the block. He mostly has a playstyle of not dealing damage directly to you, but pushing you into his mines instead while you are unable to damage him.

>

> I would still primarily see Canach as an engineer. He never really has shown any warrior qualities in the lore (except some REALLY generic weapon skills from that one fight, which could easily be from any profession and are not really tied to warrior), his most notable feature are his affinity for explosives, which is primarily an engineer thing.

>

> He is also mostly used as an explosives expert in story events.

Fiery block could be homage to the rune https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Guardian .

To me Canach screams rogue warrior, who has had to change their ways to survive, using cheap tricks to make quicker work of their foes, bombs/mines. Canach has the use of painkillers (which shares the same icon as Endure Pain along with the same effect) he also is able to be immune to conditions, which has a direct link to Berserker Stance.

This background of Canach is perfect to be used as justification of an elite spec. He is a character that has adapted to survive the world and his treatment. I wouldnt be surprised if we see him come back into the story with a pistol in hand in total honesty. If that does happen you can be 100% assured warrior is getting pistol.

As for me im still a good 90% sure that pistol is coming to warrior.