Favorite Dungeon

wilykcat.5864

Will there be new dungeons in guild wars 2? I think it would be fun to have more dungeons. Also my character likes to eat strawberry poptart or something. So far my favorite dungeon is crucible of eternity cause it looks cool.

Anyone else got a favorite dungeon, food to eat while in a dungeon, or want ne dungeons added?

Then

> @"wilykcat.5864" said:

> Will there be new dungeons in guild wars 2? I think it would be fun to have more dungeons. Also my character likes to eat strawberry poptart or something. So far my favorite dungeon is crucible of eternity cause it looks cool.

>

> Anyone else got a favorite dungeon, food to eat while in a dungeon, or want ne dungeons added?

>

> Then

Can you please edit your title to show a short description of your post subject?

CoF P1 is my favourite :) just for nostalgic reasons. anet decided that dungeons will be abandoned after they introduced defiance bars, fractals are where all 5 man instanced content goes now.

I've had an idea for a while that dungeons should be nerfed but keep the same rewards not because they are too hard for level 80s but because for some unknown reason you are introduced to ascalonian catacombs at level 35??? make it introductory 5man content for newer players and not level 80 content.

I kinda like all the dungeons but my favorite is Crucible of Eternity... of course... with all the inquest characters I have. *poking claws

Only have two regrets: Not having a fourth path showing what is now the dungeon after the pact cleaned it. (Terminating alpha in the dead facility as exemple). My second one is that the end of joko and mordremoth weren't dungeons. Dragon stand and Gandara, both having 3 paths could have been dungeons.

> @"wilykcat.5864" said:

> Will there be new dungeons in guild wars 2? I think it would be fun to have more dungeons.

Would like to see more dungeons, but there is no market for this content at the moment. The target audience for instanced content leans towards short instances with as little sections as possible as possible, more "challenging" encounters and completion times < 10 minutes. Dungeons usually are made with a story around, some deeper lore with dialogues, several sections connected with each other via different encounters or puzzles.

Next to Fractals, the closest we got towards the old dungeon blueprint is the Strike Mission: Forging Steel. It is fun to play if you want to go on an adventure. It can even be done solo, as the scaling is really good. Either Dungeons or more of this, please.

> @"wilykcat.5864" said:

> Also my character likes to eat strawberry poptart or something. So far my favorite dungeon is crucible of eternity cause it looks cool.

>

> Anyone else got a favorite dungeon, food to eat while in a dungeon, or want ne dungeons added?

I really enjoy the Story Dungeons, but my favorite of those is definitely HoTW. It has a challenging difficulty curve, with a couple of funny traps. For the Exploration Paths, it is sadly COF 1. It contains the first secret boss I discovered in GW2 and sparked the motivation in me to search for more - the Royal Ooze. Common knowledge nowadays, the first group I persuaded to take the extra trip was quite shocked it really existed. Sadly, nowadays I cannot even go for it with guild runs anymore.

Whenever I do content that does not require special food effects, I go with a simple combination of Peppermint Omnomberry Bar and Sharpening Skull with a combined effect of:

+ 20 % Exp from Kills

+ 60 % Magic Find

+ 40 % Gold from NPCs

+ 10 % Karma

I usually carry one stack of each, which lasts several weeks. If you are on budget, but want some acceptable alternative, you can go for Lump of Crystallized Nougat and Piece of Candy Corn Almond Brittle.

Note: Halloween 2020 is around the corner, which normally lets those two and the Sharpening Skull massively drop in price.

My favorite has always been Caduceus' Manor, just for the setting. It's a coherent estate, with buildings and rooms and terrain that make sense, and not a linear tunnel-room-tunnel-room dungeon crawl. It would make a superb guild hall (though it cries out for a ballroom). The mobs also make sense, they aren't just randomly standing around in a barren cave without supplies. And the lighting is pleasant. I love just *looking* at everything there. It's a place that feels finished (other than that missing ballroom :) ).