[POF] Mirage - Builds and Discussion

Michiel.3608

Pretty low considering you're sacrificing so much. But the thing to note here is that that uptime is there for base Mesmer (slightly lower without the use of Sand through Glass and Crystal Sands). Mirage doesn't make that what it is, it simply means you get to auto attack when you'd otherwise be mid-dodge which isn't a significant addition.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when I was in the testing, I had placed some sinister ascended trinkets in my bank and perplexity runes and sigils I needed for the current build I run to test in Beta.

[This](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNArfWlknhy0YRawRNwtGLvGUZC+d0MXxMGBaAy5RA-jByCQBA4QAcQ1fW2+De7JAwSlgOT5HFOBA3TfApAKSZF-e "This") is the build I've been running for months, transitioning from full Sinister to now Half Vipers Half Sinisters. I personally love the build and it's easy for me to master especially with have barely any toughness. I study a lot of the other classes and adapt pretty easy when out in PvP or WvW (mostly) so I 'm capable of holding my own even against 'meta' builds.

The above build I use in PvE, Dungeons and Fractals as well, but obviously change certain utilities depending on the situation. Now what I tested for the Mirage and what i'll be running because it works for ME. Again, build what you're comfortable with (i'm all for build positivity). This [Mirage](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRArf3anknBVLjFpBWoBMMjlXDDNAkTOClVgeTwx//VATgA-jByCQBOT5HFOBAHU9nlt/AAOIAsUJ490P4tnAApAgYZF-e "Mirage") build i'll mainly be using in WvW as I shut down a lot of players with it from my personal experience - a hyper confusion build of sorts. For PvE i'll be using this build as well but switching utilities when needed and also weaving between keeping clones up and shattering with only cry of frustration.

Enjoy! Hope to see some of you fellow members in PoF! Xoxo :3 <3

> @Sifu.9745 said:

> Why Axe/Torch + Staff for condi builds? Wouldn't it be more effective with Axe/Torch + Scepter/Pistol for max dps. Staff dmg is next to no existent, it's only good if you want to play defensive builds.

The following is all regarding pvp and wvw.

Several reasons:

- Sc/P is largely single target (how many times are you going to hit multiple opponents with scepter 3, and magic bullet is only a brief, bad cc), staff is largely aoe (aside from iwarlock). This is a big issue if in any kind of outnumbered situation or team fight where aoe and cleave is superior.

- Phase Retreat is still a fantastic mobility skill, for defence or offence, kiting and z axis traversal.

- Staff auto is not to be dismissed when considering hybrid stats and clones - the aoe autos stacking various condi and boons as well as non-negligable direct damage is useful for sustained pressure.

- Staff ambush is fantastic and seriously underrated right now (sure it could do with cast time reduction and some reliability tweaks) - the might stacking potential with IH and DE with clones out is non-negligable and together with other things like sharper images can rack up respectable sustained damage while preparing for a burst. More importantly it's also a super sexy animation with beautiful visual effects (compared with scepter's frantic, inelegant throwing all the bolts in superspeed... I really don't like the scepter ambush animation under superspeed).

- Chaos Storm for ressing, stomping and so on - invaluable skill.

The only true waste of space is #4 chaos armour - if this was like Trident 3 whirl and evade while providing chaos armour it would actually be a good skill. In fact that's what I'd like for staff 4 - a whirl finisher (with appropriate animation taken from daredevil or similar) with 3/4s evade.

And sure in pve Scepter/x is better.

Archived