Action Camera or no?

I am wondering what the majority of you think about using the action camera while playing. I see the majority, if not all, of the players making YouTube content use the default camera setup. When I play, I feel that I can do more with the action camera and it feels much more comfortable to do so, so I have it on 100% of the time unless I have to click something on screen. Let me know what you think is the better of the two options and why.

I use the action camera for specific content where I feel it is a benefit to me. In general, when I notice I keep the right mouse button pressed a lot for mouse movement, I will try the action cam. Otherwise I prefer the more accurate ground targeting without the action cam (though this is also in part a "getting used to" issue.

The most common times I active the action cam, I have a keybind far away from my regular key configuration, are:

- jumping puzzles

- mount races

I would recommend every player give the action cam a try.

Normal camera is better, BUT

> @"BeastNHisHarlot.4865" said:

> When I play, I feel that I can do more with the action camera and it feels much more comfortable to do so, so I have it on 100% of the time unless I have to click something on screen.

If you are saying this, then you should stick to action cam. In specific situations (in some bosses from raids, fractals and pvp/wvw in general) maybe normal cam is better. Ive seen people do all of these with action cam though.

I don't think there's a right or wrong way to do it, it just depends on what's most comfortable for you.

I have it bound to one of the 5 extra buttons on my mouse, because I'm always turning it on and off. (Before action cam existed I had the same button set as a right-mouse toggle to do basically the same thing.) But I mainly use it out of combat. If I'm doing a jumping puzzle or travelling long distances I turn it on so I can look around and turn my character without having to keep the right button held down. When I want more precise control, and especially if I want to ground-target skills, I turn it off.

I've heard some people use it to do jumping puzzles, but you should definitely avoid action camera for anything combat related.

Action cam makes it difficult to react on the spot or perform multiple tasks at the same time (like running in one direction while targeting an enemy in another). With action cam your movement and your aiming are tied together, which is a massive handicap.

This was only implemented as a passion project of a single dev, a curiosity and fun little extra. GW2 was never meant to be played like this, it's not an FPS.