What entertains you in GW2/keeps you playing?

Justin.5231

For me, the question is rather: How is it possible to have nothing left to do? I mean, when you see the amount of achievements, is that really possible to reach the status "Everything done"?

I am playing since GW2 beta. I still have loads of things undone from original Tyria and generally from all storylines and related areas after that. I started with WvW only recently and am not farther than rank 342. I still have 50 levels ahead of me in Fractals. I still miss paths in several dungeons. As for the achievements I have ongoing, or the ones that I have not even started yet... The list is too long, I will not bother you with it.

So, it is true that I am a rather slow player. There are several reasons for that. Main ones are that I like to take my time at things and that I have a real life with highest priority. Due to this - same than in GW before - I have to set priorities and generally tend to do what I like and postpone the rest, that unfortunately cumulate pretty rapidly... LOL

Is all this sufficient to explain? I am not sure. My impression is - I may be wrong - that when someone says: "I have nothing left to do", it means probably "I have nothing left, that I find interesting".

But well, I can be entirely wrong. Maybe that there are players who can be so good and fast - to my eyes - that they have all done everywhere? Then, WOW! In that case, it means that I am really a very slow player and sort of an exception with my tons of undone things for which I never find enough time. Personally, I am glad to be like that, because it prevents me from reaching a status where I do not know what to do anymore. It is the opposite: I never have time enough to do all what I would like to. That keeps me always motivated and excited at progressing. :)

I'm a solo GW2 player that completed nearly all activities at one point or another except the raid. I like to play a number of games so I Have these on-off periods with GW2, but always come back to GW2 eventually. Currently what keeps me going is the achievements or more specifically the achievement rewards.

When I was in a guild it was fun just to play the game with people, especially when you have guildies or friends to work towards something together.

I am slowly getting burned out again though because I've been playing non-stop since PoE released and am still going probably until I deck out my scourge in ascended and complete the story with him like my Firebrand. One of the Cons of being a solo player, you end up playing in waves when new content comes out.

GW2 is a free game that lets you choose what you want to do. It kind of pushes you to explore and find a purpose for you work on your own terms. Its different from other MMOs where your hand-guided by quests and tasks which itself isn't a bad thing. The point is some people like it one way the others another.

I have a few objectives, a short term one (today is increasing my fractal level and getting the final tier of gold rewards in wvw, or at least try to), stuff that I want to do this month (getting vipers ascended accessories for my character) and long term goals (getting top tier wvw rewards, crafting a legendary weapon). Long an short term goals are related to game mechanics I enjoy, stuff to do this month is often a chore because it's a MMO and you have to eat tons of crap on a daily basis to achieve some meta goals you set up for yourself, and you have to do it one day anyway.

Overall I love the combat mechanics. What's built around this (instanced content, crafting, events) really varies in quality but at least there's always some sort of pvp to keep me entertained. Funnily enough this game has some of the best instanced content, and some of the worst crap i've ever seen, all of this condensed in fractals if that's your thing.

As Sylent wrote

> @Sylent.3165 said:

> It doesn't, I move on to other games inbetween living world.

>

> However if they made a map similar to SW that was good rewards I'd be all over it

though i don't give a cat about farming like sw.

I just log with my main, enjoy story ( and related achievements ) and exploration, then i am done till ls or maybe seasonals.

Btw, currently i tend to login, if do, daily login apar, for WvW ( i was used to spvp but i am out from it since PoF release ).

> @Justin.5231 said:

> I'm just curious to hear from others. I am essentially done with PoF. Have all the mounts and classes now. I am already feeling that pull towards other MMOs which always happens to me in GW2. What do you guys do to keep the game fun? I usually find myself just hopping around LA. Even right now with the halloween event.. It's not *fun*. It's just an alternative grind to SW. I know when I play WoW I can easily find a group in raids which seems impossible here without 800 LI and full clear experience, I can do a plethora of quests that have pretty good rewards. Here I just find myself... Yearning to do something, but I can't think of anything. I have my ascended armor. I do my daily fractals..

>

> What keeps you guys going? I need a little inspiration here :) I'm not trying to make a comparison post, bc both games are different and I love both.

Absolutely nothing right now. This game lost its pop the minute I maxed all my stats/gear, and realized I would never get another thing I wanted as long as I played. I enjoy helping new people get started in fractals, or helping random people with their quests/achievements.

Otherwise, I'm flopping around like a fish in the sand, and kinda pathetically hanging on for the sake of my investment. But there's nothing to do (and no reason to do it). I'm bored.

I just don't like change and GW2 provides enough opportunity that I don't need to learn a whole new game system to experience different activities.

More full explanation... GW2 has a very user-friendly and for-the-most-part-intuitive system that I don't have to work hard at to play half-decently. It has enough different gameplay types and mechanics that I can do one thing for a while (PoF PvE for example) and then when I tire of that I can do something else that uses the same base play system but provides a different experience (WvW). If I feel especially motivated I can gear up, fine tune the build, and brace for chat abuse and go into solo-Q PvP-land (which is not my strong suit but I feel I do "OK" with). Or, if I have a lot of time on my hands to gear and build my character and I'm willing to sit through some long planning sessions, I might do a raid boss. I'm considering doing some of the (edit - "Adventures") soon - haven't done the Griffon activities or many of the PoF races. Some stuff is easy to quick join in and play. Those things are great for someone with a busy family schedule and want to sit back and enjoy a little of "me" time.