Would you pay for Housing DLC? - Similar to ESO

Halbarz.3854

> @Mea.5491 said:

> I find it ridiculous that some people say decorating is lame and housing would be too expebsive yet they spend thousands of Gold (and/or dollars) on stacking infusions to decorate their characters until they look like a walking Christmas tree. :) Hypocrisy is strong with this one.

Which individual posters have spoken against housing while spending thousands of gold on infusions?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Ashen.2907 said:

> > @Mea.5491 said:

> > I find it ridiculous that some people say decorating is lame and housing would be too expebsive yet they spend thousands of Gold (and/or dollars) on stacking infusions to decorate their characters until they look like a walking Christmas tree. :) Hypocrisy is strong with this one.

>

> Which individual posters have spoken against housing while spending thousands of gold on infusions?

I said "some people" not "individual posters".

HELL NO!!! For what, so they can give us a simple or good looking house with 1 dye channel and then release gemstore houses that are over twice as big and has a ton of dye channels. And heck they might make all furniture gemstore only instead of letting us craft them, you know like how they are doing this with dyes.

I'm sorry but it's clear as day, looking at gliders and also mounts now, that if they would give us houses that they are there for them to make money from and not for us to play the game to get.

> @CaboSoul.1204 said:

> HELL NO!!! For what, so they can give us a simple or good looking house with 1 dye channel and then release gemstore houses that are over twice as big and has a ton of dye channels. And heck they might make all furniture gemstore only instead of letting us craft them, you know like how they are doing this with dyes.

>

> I'm sorry but it's clear as day, looking at gliders and also mounts now, that if they would give us houses that they are there for them to make money from and not for us to play the game to get.

Horrors The company wants to *gasp* make money!!!!!!

I am perfectly fine with a bare bones version of whatever being available as part of the game (either in base or as an xpack) then anet making money selling things like skins on the gem store.

Get the basic thing, play how you want. If you want to look different than everyone else THAT IS NOT PLAYING HOW YOU WANT THAT IS FASHION WARS BY ANOTHER NAME.

I went back to ESO for the Morrowind expansion and I was very disappointed in it. The housing system was okay not great. The best housing system in any MMORPG I have ever played was Everquest 2. Especially for Holidays. There were thousands of holiday items for housing in that game. GW2 can barely manage to add a couple items over the coarse of a year for a holiday so I'm not at all optimistic about how they could do housing.

> @"Emissary Vex.5690" said:

> The best housing system in any MMORPG I have ever played was Everquest 2.

Yes, and even so it wasn't a big draw for EQ2. Housing is mostly used for storage there, with the rare free furniture thrown all over the place. Some decorators spend a lot of effort and money on their homes, and then complain about how nobody ever visits. ...maybe that's because everyone's busy adventuring.

And like I've said before, it'd be even worse in GW2. Because there's no global chat; and without any player interaction you might as well be playing a single-player game.

I would be all over that like a junkie.

To give you some perspective...

I bought about $30 of 'DLC coins' for ESO to get a house there - when my account was less than a month old.

I spent 500,000 of my gold in FFXIV on an apartment there, when my account total across 4 characters was maybe 501,000...

(That took some careful use of the auction house because you can't send your own alts things in FFXIV).

I then spent most of my money in FFXIV over the nest few months furnishing the thing.

Did something similar in Wildstar back when I was active there.

I almost never visit the home instance here. It isn't my setup... it's just there.

This would be a way for ANet to fish out 'whales' like me without it messing with anything "in the game"...

- They could fund a lot of content for everybody with this, if they did it.

Of course I've been saying the same thing about giving me pants without butt-flaps for my characters since 2013... and they just do NOT want my money...

- This was actually the reason I stopped playing Wildstar the first time around. The butt-flappery is even worse there. Or was. They finally gave in and added some more outfits last year, but by then I'd gotten over the game, mostly...

But to cycle back to housing...

- After it's collapse, Wildstar is largely a near-dead game with one exception: people still shell out money hand over fist there to get things for their player-housing. The game is basically still online only for it's housing community.

- **A larger more stable game like this could rake in a lot of cash to hire more developers and make more content... by giving those of us willing to buy gems, something to spend them on...**

Both expansions have brought an important feature add on to GW2 so far. HoT=Gliders, PoF=Mounts, maybe the next expansion can bring player housing to the game.

If they sell housing as a seperate feature, I don't think it ll be successful, but if they include it with the next expansion I can support that.

I think player housing is another base feature for all modern MMORPGS, after mounts and gliders. It will improve GW2 a lot.

I have always wanted to see mounts and gliding in GW2 after trying other MMORPGs and seeing how it makes the travel more enjoyable.

Now, GW2 has those too. And as a returning player I'm enjoying GW2 more. Housing will do the same effect.

> @Mea.5491 said:

> > @Ashen.2907 said:

> > > @Mea.5491 said:

> > > I find it ridiculous that some people say decorating is lame and housing would be too expebsive yet they spend thousands of Gold (and/or dollars) on stacking infusions to decorate their characters until they look like a walking Christmas tree. :) Hypocrisy is strong with this one.

> >

> > Which individual posters have spoken against housing while spending thousands of gold on infusions?

>

> I said "some people" not "individual posters".

So, who is doing what you say? Hypothetical hypocrisy doesn't really make a valid point.

> @CaboSoul.1204 said:

> HELL NO!!! For what, so they can give us a simple or good looking house with 1 dye channel and then release gemstore houses that are over twice as big and has a ton of dye channels. And heck they might make all furniture gemstore only instead of letting us craft them, you know like how they are doing this with dyes.

>

> I'm sorry but it's clear as day, looking at gliders and also mounts now, that if they would give us houses that they are there for them to make money from and not for us to play the game to get.

Can you name a single gemstore item that I cannot earn by playing the game?

> @Ashen.2907 said:

> Can you name a single gemstore item that I cannot earn by playing the game?

No offense but I'm not going to waste my time explaining, all I'll say is gold farming every time to get skins I want get's old after a while. Looking at this topic and recent other topics I've concluded it's better if I just go play a game (not necessarily this one) instead of ending up in discussions that just wastes my precious game time. Feel free to ignore my post or whatever, I'm done. Again no offense if any was taken.

Your poll options are lacking a "No, I don't think it should be added at all" option.

There really isn't anything really worthwhile this adds to the game. The only possible way I see it adding anything is from a roleplay perspective for people who want to have a personalized home to rp with a friend in.

There really isn't any need to create a "home base" for crafting and such when you can just buy a lounge pass or use a city.