Named exotic for PoF Ascended collection avalibility

That doesnt change the fact that drop rate of those exotics is ultra low plus chances of getting the one u need makes it impossible to aquire, instead u are at mercy of other lucky players and how much money they want for it. Beside that, a "collection" that literally force u to buy item from trading post instead of doing open world/crafting or somehow working towards it is plain stupid. At the moment its: /map "looking for a guy who got my sword!"

> @LeSavage.1359 said:

> That doesnt change the fact that drop rate of those exotics is ultra low plus chances of getting the one u need makes it impossible to aquire, instead u are at mercy of other lucky players and how much money they want for it. Beside that, a "collection" that literally force u to buy item from trading post instead of doing open world/crafting or somehow working towards it is plain stupid. At the moment its: /map "looking for a guy who got my sword!"

The Elonian weapon collection doesn't require you to buy anything. The rares for it drop very often from yellow and green Unidentified Gear containers, as well as on their own as event rewards on occasion. I had five of them in the first day of playing PoF. So, do events and stuff in PoF.

> @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > @LeSavage.1359 said:

> > That doesnt change the fact that drop rate of those exotics is ultra low plus chances of getting the one u need makes it impossible to aquire, instead u are at mercy of other lucky players and how much money they want for it. Beside that, a "collection" that literally force u to buy item from trading post instead of doing open world/crafting or somehow working towards it is plain stupid. At the moment its: /map "looking for a guy who got my sword!"

>

> The collection doesn't require you to buy anything. The rares for it drop very often from yellow and green Unidentified Gear containers, as well as on their own as event rewards on occasion. I had five of them in the first day of playing PoF. So, do events and stuff in PoF.

Completing the Elonian weapon collection gets you _one_ named Sunspear weapon, of the _six_ you need for the specialization collections. That's still roughly 3-400g of weapons you need to buy.

Anet desperately needs to address this somehow. The easiest fix would just be making unlocking the sunspear skin count for the collection, allowing you to get it by crafting your own instead of paying out the nose on the TP or praying to the RNG (since the named Sunspear weapons drop all of never, and even if one does it's statistically more likely to be one that isn't needed for the collections).

> @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > @LeSavage.1359 said:

> > That doesnt change the fact that drop rate of those exotics is ultra low plus chances of getting the one u need makes it impossible to aquire, instead u are at mercy of other lucky players and how much money they want for it. Beside that, a "collection" that literally force u to buy item from trading post instead of doing open world/crafting or somehow working towards it is plain stupid. At the moment its: /map "looking for a guy who got my sword!"

>

> The collection doesn't require you to buy anything. The rares for it drop very often from yellow and green Unidentified Gear containers, as well as on their own as event rewards on occasion. I had five of them in the first day of playing PoF. So, do events and stuff in PoF.

So you got five drops on the first day.. lucky you.

I've identified hundreds and hundreds of rares since launch day and no luck so there's something terribly skewed in the drop rates.

Just because you got Abaddon's luck in this case doesn't mean it's normal for everyone else

The collection is easy enough, but it is for **one** of the named exotics. That doesn't help for the other five.

> @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> So you got five drops on the first day.. lucky you.

> I've identified hundreds and hundreds of rares since launch day and no luck so there's something terribly skewed in the drop rates.

> Just because you got Abaddon's luck in this case doesn't mean it's normal for everyone else

I presume she meant 5 of the Elonian rares, not named exotics as that would be an impressively lucky day.

Either way I do think it would be nice if we had a way to target farm these items. Or to ensure that the first 6 we get will be the 6 needed for the collection.

Yeah, I meant the Elonian rares are pretty easy to get and drop fairly often. I thought my post was clear about that, but if it wasn't, I apologize.

I've gotten maybe two of the exotics as drops (neither were ones I needed, but I was happy for the gold). I got the sword the Elonian weapon collection reward, but I had to buy the dagger and the torch. I definitely think they should either drop a bit more often or have a more guaranteed way to get them.

The crafted version makes more sense for the collection in the first place and it encourages players to use the crafting system. When I saw the TP price I picked the most expensive one from the tip of the spear achievement and sold it. No sense doing those collections since none of the skins are my cup of tea anyway. Unless they increase the drop rate or change the requirement I choose to skip those collections entirely.

Super fun expac though :)

Honestly, you're gettin an ascended weapon out of basically no work required. What do you expect? For it to be free? There has to be one expensive aspect of it. In this case it's the named exotic. Crafting a weapon would cost you a fair amount too. I do agree that they have to at least get that drop rate up a bit, it's kinda ridiculous, but they shouldn't be available everywhere.

> @Veprovina.4876 said:

> Honestly, you're gettin an ascended weapon out of basically no work required. What do you expect? For it to be free? There has to be one expensive aspect of it. In this case it's the named exotic. Crafting a weapon would cost you a fair amount too. I do agree that they have to at least get that drop rate up a bit, it's kinda ridiculous, but they shouldn't be available everywhere.

Out of no work?

Time is not work?

Mordant weapons does not cost 200 flax seeds already?

Ascended crafting price is cheaper than the named exotic already, how does that make sense?

Also this is just ONE time availability, much like precursor crafter, so ofc it should be cheaper.

It's not like you can get any more than 6 ascended weapons out of it.

I've been thinking the crafted exotics ought to count for these collections. Otherwise, it's cheaper and easier to craft our own ascended weapons rather than rely on the collection ascended weapons. Drop rate on the named exotics is clearly abysmal. I didn't have to purchase anything off the TP for my HoT ascended weapons. The Mystic weapons could be crafted. Everything could be gotten by playing the content.

> @Aomine.5012 said:

> > @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > Honestly, you're gettin an ascended weapon out of basically no work required. What do you expect? For it to be free? There has to be one expensive aspect of it. In this case it's the named exotic. Crafting a weapon would cost you a fair amount too. I do agree that they have to at least get that drop rate up a bit, it's kinda ridiculous, but they shouldn't be available everywhere.

>

> Out of no work?

> Time is not work?

> Mordant weapons does not cost 200 flax seeds already?

> Ascended crafting price is cheaper than the named exotic already, how does that make sense?

>

> Also this is just ONE time availability, much like precursor crafter, so ofc it should be cheaper.

> It's not like you can get any more than 6 ascended weapons out of it.

>

Compare getting Veilrender to Horologicus for example. I'll use this as an example because i play a mesmer so i know this because i've done it.

Veilrender has you doing a few events, a few errands (drop mystic coin in fountain lol) and one craft (mordant sickle). The only mastery you need for this is the Jackal, and you get it by buying it after you've done the thing.

Now Horologicus on the other hand needs Mystic Barricade created in the mystic forge, Chronomancer's Inscription which means you have to do Dragon's stands events and get the noxious pods, Stealth gliding (gliding mastery 4), Itzel hourglass which requires itzel mastery 2 and airship parts to get, Invisible Chronomancer's Mushroom Spore dropped by invisible shrooms (nuhoch mastery 4), Chronomancer's Auric Sharpening Stone (requires exalted mastery 5) and machined shield collection which is yet another collection you have to complete in addition to crafting the shield required for the collection that gives you the machined shield.

So for Veilrender (PoF ascended) you need:

- some money

- jackal (9 mastery points, 3 trainings)

- few events and a bounty

- crafted item

For Horologicus (HoT ascended) you need:

- a lot of money

- Stealth gliding (11 mastery points, 4 trainings)

- Itzel poison lore (11 mastery points, 4 trainings)

- Nuhoch stealth detection (11 mastery points, 4 trainings)

- Exalted gathering (19 mastery points, 5 trainings)

- All combined 52 mastery points and 17 trainings

- Machined shield collection (and this, unlike tip of the spear is required)

- mystic forge item

So by your own logic, time is money, which one is cheaper? :wink:

Like i said, you're getting PoF ascended weapons with basically no work. So think before you speak next time.

> @Veprovina.4876 said:

> Honestly, you're gettin an ascended weapon out of basically no work required. What do you expect? For it to be free? There has to be one expensive aspect of it. In this case it's the named exotic. Crafting a weapon would cost you a fair amount too. I do agree that they have to at least get that drop rate up a bit, it's kinda ridiculous, but they shouldn't be available everywhere.

The sunspear weapons _not_ required for the collections are a fraction of the price, despite presumably having the same drop rate. The cost is entirely artificial and inflated.

I wish I had known earlier that these mattered to the collections so much. I pretty much selected the lamp because it was the coolest skin to me, but if I'd known about needing it for collections I'd have taken the sword since I like both the Holo and Weaver weapons. Ah well, at least the torch is one of the six, so I didn't totally waste it in terms of gold costs for collections.

That said, I agree the crafted ones should count. You have to do a number of difficult things to build these collections, just as you did for the HoT ones, but the RNG on the named ones seems far worse than even my near-week of grinding Tengu for my Bo Staff feather. At least there I knew that it would eventually drop from specific mob types. Crafting these isn't super simple either, it does mean assembling resources. So why turn the fun of making the nifty new weapons into the same sort of drag precursors used to be when they had to be forged or dropped, both very rare chances?

> @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > @Aomine.5012 said:

> > > @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > > Honestly, you're gettin an ascended weapon out of basically no work required. What do you expect? For it to be free? There has to be one expensive aspect of it. In this case it's the named exotic. Crafting a weapon would cost you a fair amount too. I do agree that they have to at least get that drop rate up a bit, it's kinda ridiculous, but they shouldn't be available everywhere.

> >

> > Out of no work?

> > Time is not work?

> > Mordant weapons does not cost 200 flax seeds already?

> > Ascended crafting price is cheaper than the named exotic already, how does that make sense?

> >

> > Also this is just ONE time availability, much like precursor crafter, so ofc it should be cheaper.

> > It's not like you can get any more than 6 ascended weapons out of it.

> >

>

> Compare getting Veilrender to Horologicus for example. I'll use this as an example because i play a mesmer so i know this because i've done it.

>

> Veilrender has you doing a few events, a few errands (drop mystic coin in fountain lol) and one craft (mordant sickle). The only mastery you need for this is the Jackal, and you get it by buying it after you've done the thing.

>

> Now Horologicus on the other hand needs Mystic Barricade created in the mystic forge, Chronomancer's Inscription which means you have to do Dragon's stands events and get the noxious pods, Stealth gliding (gliding mastery 4), Itzel hourglass which requires itzel mastery 2 and airship parts to get, Invisible Chronomancer's Mushroom Spore dropped by invisible shrooms (nuhoch mastery 4), Chronomancer's Auric Sharpening Stone (requires exalted mastery 5) and machined shield collection which is yet another collection you have to complete in addition to crafting the shield required for the collection that gives you the machined shield.

>

> So for Veilrender (PoF ascended) you need:

> - some money

> - jackal (9 mastery points, 3 trainings)

> - few events and a bounty

> - crafted item

>

> For Horologicus (HoT ascended) you need:

> - a lot of money

> - Stealth gliding (11 mastery points, 4 trainings)

> - Itzel poison lore (11 mastery points, 4 trainings)

> - Nuhoch stealth detection (11 mastery points, 4 trainings)

> - Exalted gathering (19 mastery points, 5 trainings)

> - All combined 52 mastery points and 17 trainings

> - Machined shield collection (and this, unlike tip of the spear is required)

> - mystic forge item

>

> So by your own logic, time is money, which one is cheaper? :wink:

> Like i said, you're getting PoF ascended weapons with basically no work. So think before you speak next time.

You can work for mastery and it's one time unlock and it cost nothing.

I would rather unlock something I can work for instead of paying hundreds of g or begging for RNG.

All blue/green reclaimed weapon has a chance of reclaimed ticket and yellow one is garunteed reclaimed ticket.

I literally cost next to nothing for HoT specialization weapons.

Mordent weapon cost 200 flax seeds each.

You have to waste time on a full map completition.

On top of that you have to pay 100+g for each named exotic weapons cuz it's near impossible to get it on your own.

Think before you speak.

> @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > @Aomine.5012 said:

> > > @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > > Honestly, you're gettin an ascended weapon out of basically no work required. What do you expect? For it to be free? There has to be one expensive aspect of it. In this case it's the named exotic. Crafting a weapon would cost you a fair amount too. I do agree that they have to at least get that drop rate up a bit, it's kinda ridiculous, but they shouldn't be available everywhere.

> >

> > Out of no work?

> > Time is not work?

> > Mordant weapons does not cost 200 flax seeds already?

> > Ascended crafting price is cheaper than the named exotic already, how does that make sense?

> >

> > Also this is just ONE time availability, much like precursor crafter, so ofc it should be cheaper.

> > It's not like you can get any more than 6 ascended weapons out of it.

> >

>

> Compare getting Veilrender to Horologicus for example. I'll use this as an example because i play a mesmer so i know this because i've done it.

>

> Veilrender has you doing a few events, a few errands (drop mystic coin in fountain lol) and one craft (mordant sickle). The only mastery you need for this is the Jackal, and you get it by buying it after you've done the thing.

>

> Now Horologicus on the other hand needs Mystic Barricade created in the mystic forge, Chronomancer's Inscription which means you have to do Dragon's stands events and get the noxious pods, Stealth gliding (gliding mastery 4), Itzel hourglass which requires itzel mastery 2 and airship parts to get, Invisible Chronomancer's Mushroom Spore dropped by invisible shrooms (nuhoch mastery 4), Chronomancer's Auric Sharpening Stone (requires exalted mastery 5) and machined shield collection which is yet another collection you have to complete in addition to crafting the shield required for the collection that gives you the machined shield.

>

> So for Veilrender (PoF ascended) you need:

> - some money

> - jackal (9 mastery points, 3 trainings)

> - few events and a bounty

> - crafted item

>

> For Horologicus (HoT ascended) you need:

> - a lot of money

> - Stealth gliding (11 mastery points, 4 trainings)

> - Itzel poison lore (11 mastery points, 4 trainings)

> - Nuhoch stealth detection (11 mastery points, 4 trainings)

> - Exalted gathering (19 mastery points, 5 trainings)

> - All combined 52 mastery points and 17 trainings

> - Machined shield collection (and this, unlike tip of the spear is required)

> - mystic forge item

>

> So by your own logic, time is money, which one is cheaper? :wink:

> Like i said, you're getting PoF ascended weapons with basically no work. So think before you speak next time.

I think you should listen to yourself and "So think before you speak next time". At least use some logic before you do so.

I dont know what you dont understand and compare hot to pof ascended's, but:

Masteries from HoT : u need to unlock them just one time for all characters, it means u dont have to it for alts.

You get masteries naturally by playing the expansion, thats not a some special work you put just to get collections, its natural order of things and doesnt require anything special, so your argument doesnt make sense. Everything can be done just by playing, and thats how it should looks like.

Machined collection- just a couple of map specific currencies, very easy to aquire.

Mystic forge item- crafted.

"a lot of money" under HoT ascended?, ill quote u again : "think before you speak next time".

> @Veprovina.4876 said:

> I literally described a way that you don't have to buy anything from TP (unless you want to), and you're still complaining? Even if you farm for it and get another named exotic you don't need you can save it for another character or sell at TP to buy the one you want.

You also have 9 collections to do for all the weapons, so this isn't all that helpful once the price of every required weapon goes up so high.

> @Sindariel.2354 said:

> Problem isn't the drop rate, problem is that PoF is desolated.

> Desolated Content = no supply of content specific drops

>

> Supply was actually pretty high in the first 2-3 weeks, but now the supply goes down each day.

Duh, people are doing Halloween stuff.

Perhaps there should be a forge formula involving the crafted Sunspear weapon. Such as...

- Sunspear weapon (~12g)

- Rune of the [elite spec] (based on weapon, for classes that share a weapon both runes would work) (~2g)

- 5 Mystic coins (~4.5g)

- [item worth 500 trade contracts] (5g)

Or something to that effect. (Prices based on the wiki and pile of trade contracts which sell for 1s each).