[Poll] Weapon for the next Elementalist Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would seriously love an elemental gunslinger. Something like:

1. Water: all about offense - ice bullets that cause vulnerability and slow, piercing bullets and long range.

2. Fire: short range with defense in it, ways to create areas where people don't want to go in such as fire fields in front of them. shotgun blasts with knockbacks in an aoe in front of them.

3. Air: teleporting bullets! medium range (900?) shoot a bullet to teleport to an enemy then stun and blind them. high powered single target bullet shots. knockup from an air grenade bullet

4. Earth: shrapnel shots, wide AoE effects

Just examples. I love the spellslinger gun archtype and would love to see it. Give me a reason to make HOPE!

> @Raif.9507 said:

> I would seriously love an elemental gunslinger. Something like:

> 1. Water: all about offense - ice bullets that cause vulnerability and slow, piercing bullets and long range.

> 2. Fire: short range with defense in it, ways to create areas where people don't want to go in such as fire fields in front of them. shotgun blasts with knockbacks in an aoe in front of them.

> 3. Air: teleporting bullets! medium range (900?) shoot a bullet to teleport to an enemy then stun and blind them. high powered single target bullet shots. knockup from an air grenade bullet

> 4. Earth: shrapnel shots, wide AoE effects

>

> Just examples. I love the spellslinger gun archtype and would love to see it. Give me a reason to make HOPE!

They have a Spellslinger class in Wildstar. It works well, but that would be another one-handed weapon with 900 or less range. We really do need another at least 1200 range two-handed wep. The staff is great but its speed makes it limited and better for support. Ele has only one two-handed, land-based, non-conjure weapon. Every other class has at least two. I feel like it's the right time for a longbow for Ele. Though I do want to get pistols for Ele at some point in the future.

> @Cyrin.1035 said:

> > @Raif.9507 said:

> > I would seriously love an elemental gunslinger. Something like:

> > 1. Water: all about offense - ice bullets that cause vulnerability and slow, piercing bullets and long range.

> > 2. Fire: short range with defense in it, ways to create areas where people don't want to go in such as fire fields in front of them. shotgun blasts with knockbacks in an aoe in front of them.

> > 3. Air: teleporting bullets! medium range (900?) shoot a bullet to teleport to an enemy then stun and blind them. high powered single target bullet shots. knockup from an air grenade bullet

> > 4. Earth: shrapnel shots, wide AoE effects

> >

> > Just examples. I love the spellslinger gun archtype and would love to see it. Give me a reason to make HOPE!

>

> They have a Spellslinger class in Wildstar. It works well, but that would be another one-handed weapon with 900 or less range. We really do need another at least 1200 range two-handed wep. The staff is great but its speed makes it limited and better for support. Ele has only one two-handed, land-based, non-conjure weapon. Every other class has at least two. I feel like it's the right time for a longbow for Ele. Though I do want to get pistols for Ele at some point in the future.

I main a Spellslinger in wildstar, cleared most of the raids with it actually. That's where I based this off of. I disagree that we need a **2 handed** 1200 range weapon when a single handed weapon can also be 1200 range. Hell, I'd love to see a pistol be 1200 range since it would be magic bullets. No need for bullet decay as they are magic!

I also severely dislike bows, but that's just my bias.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> Greatsword is the only answer. It would be redundant to get shortbow, axe, shield and hammer because of conjures, and I don't think ANET will _dare_ to give us yet another 1 handed weapon.

There is the Fiery Greatsword conjure which I love, but conjured weapons just don't compare to permanent weapons. Having to constantly monitor how much time you have left with it and having to pick up that second drop before time runs out makes it more of a chore and limitation than a pleasure.

> @Conqueror.3682 said:

> Does it matter?

>

> Staff will still be meta, so doesnt matter what weapon is, what matters are the utilities the spec will bring.

It does because the weapon does still define what skills are available and how they work. Players also like to use a certain type of weapon because of how they connect to it personally or how it's part of their character's design. "Metas" aren't the defining way to enjoy GW 2 fortunately.

> @lLobo.7960 said:

> We got long range aoe with staff;

> We got mid range burst with scepter;

> We got short range PBAoE with dagger;

> We got melee range with sword;

> We got OH defense with focus;

> We got OH offense with dagger;

> We got OH support with warhorn;

>

> We had an OH Espec with tempest warhorn...

> We had a MH Espec with weaver sword...

>

> We have shortbow, hammer, axe, shield and greatsword conjures...

>

> The logical option next is a long range single target **_LONGBOW_**.

>

> **Arcane Archer Elite spec.**

> Longbow and offensive support. Attunements become weapon enchantments you provide to the group for bonus dmg and effects.

This.

> @Cyrin.1035 said:

> > @Razor.6392 said:

> > Greatsword is the only answer. It would be redundant to get shortbow, axe, shield and hammer because of conjures, and I don't think ANET will _dare_ to give us yet another 1 handed weapon.

>

> There is the Fiery Greatsword conjure which I love, but conjured weapons just don't compare to permanent weapons. Having to constantly monitor how much time you have left with it and having to pick up that second drop before time runs out makes it more of a chore and limitation than a pleasure.

Lol I forgot all about Fiery GS.

Then longbow or pistol for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy...people in 2-3 years time will play a super glass glass glassiest melee greatsword ele with 3/4s casting time AA doing 300 dmg using a zerker amulet and aoe skill with 140 radius...**Calling it now!** but who care ?! Now you get to sit and admire your ele wielding twilight for fashion wars and speed fractal clear..or and the raids galore with golem training as teached by qt

• 5 months later...

> @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> > @"Sodenii.1075" said:

> > Hammer with earth focused elite spec that can crash enemies and tear earth apart like an earthquake.

>

> So basically a Hammer Warrior?

A Hammer Elementalist ^-^ I would love this, it would fit my Earth Elementalist perfectly. But I don't think we'll get Hammer, since it's already used as a conjured weapon.

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> Rather than new weapons, right now I want two new ways to equip existing ones:

As a fan of wards back then, and magicka, I think both your ideas are awesome. I don't know if the magicka one is feasible tho.

On the question - As long as the next weapon is a long range one I'm fine with it.

> @"Fluid.2679" said:

> Everyone seems to forget that the Mace exists, lol. Though GS and Longbow sound great too, I wouldn't mind a Mace.

>

> I think it'd be cool if a new elite spec gave us a fifth element to attune to. Arcane being the most obvious (such a spec would obviously be called Arcanist), but could also be something more unusual like Crystal (seeing as Kralkatorrik will be very central to the story for quite a while, and maybe after we deal with him Elementalists learn to use his "element"). At first I thought this would mean too many new skills, but then I realized this would only bring 15 + 10/15/25 (depending on the new weapon) new weapon skills, and weaver had 36, so might still be possible.

>

> So Yeah, a Mace with Arcane/Crystal skills seems dope to me.

I'm still holding on to the dream that Dervish will come back (PoF would have been the perfect instance)...and Ele could host the dervish because each of the elementalist traits in GW1 was associated with a God: Fire-> Balthazar, Water (Ice)-> Grenth, Air -> Dwayna, Earth -> Melandru, Energy Storage -> Lyssa.

Of course lore wise, now dervishes would not forsake Kormir; these could be the utility skills. I know that Lore aficionados will say that only humans would be dervishes because of the ties to the human gods, char would never accept this spec...However, at this point humans have definitive proof that their Gods are real and for a char to continue to believe that the human gods aren't real is willful ignorance...

However, I say all of this because I feel like if they were to give the spec a 5th attunement then they couldn't give the spec a new weapon because every weapon would be gaining a set of skills. (Not to mention modifications to the Glyphs, Arcane Traits, & Ether feast)

I would love to see a Elementalist using long bow with elemental traps and even elemental pets. In a future expansion I would like a Elementalist with Mace focused on weapon elementals and elemental spirits like the Renegade. And Axe as a kind of shaman and elemental totenses.

Someone already mentioned this but I like the idea of having an F5 for a combined all elements skill BUT with a twist.

Elite: Obliterator

Weapon: Greatsword

Mechanic: F5 Merge Elements

- Temporary disables all your 4 elements.

- All four elements are represented in your current weapon and the skill 5 is the combination of all four.

- ex: Greatsword 1. Fire Autoattack with Burning, 2. Water cleanses and heals 3. Air CCs 4. Earth provides defense 5. Apocalypse - combine all elements and create a vortex on target area that will do damage, healing, vulnerability, and knockdown.