Gw2 combat is all about pay attention to your enemy

Aeolus.3615

> @Aeolus.3615 said:

> meanwhile in wvw...

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/JPtIUhd.jpg "")

That looks clear enough. I see a big unfilled heart in the center of the screenshot. Obviously they’ve added Heart quests to WvW and there’s a Zerg of people trying to fill up the Heart icon.

:tongue: Just kidding. That’s actually a crazy mess. There should be a slider for this.

Same as it ever was.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> I saw a post on the old forum on this subject. The OP suggested putting a red outline around bosses so that they, and their attack animations, can be seen.

>

> ![imgur](https://imgur.com/um4MyFO.jpg)

>

Ah, but we can't have that in GW2. The Icewind Dale/Diablo I technology just isn't there!

Visual effects have really gotten out of hand. I was begging during the beta for ANet to change the effects for some of the new elite specs, because they are simply too much, but it looks like giving their players a terrible headache and sore eyes is exactly what they want.

Perhaps the ultimate goal _is_ to force players to play less? If so: mission succeeded. (It's also possible they have signed a lucrative contract with worldwide opticians.)

> @Ashantara.8731 said:

> Visual effects have really gotten out of hand. I was begging during the beta for ANet to change the effects for some of the new elite specs, because they are simply too much, but it looks like giving their players a terrible headache and sore eyes is exactly what they want.

>

> Perhaps the ultimate goal _is_ to force players to play less? If so: mission succeeded. (It's also possible they have signed a lucrative contract with worldwide opticians.)

Don't forget their dark covenant with companies that manufacture space bars.

I've actually made two threads about this subject, one on the old forums and one on this forum. I suggested increasing the red outline each time, and making damage numbers (especially crit numbers) prefer appearing behind the target rather than on top, obscuring it. Neither got any responses though.