Minstrel Chrono?

Oh My God.8423

I just came back after a few years away. It was when Minstrel Chono tank was still a thing.

I relogged into my account last week trying to catch up on what I have missed and I saw I still have a full set of Ascended Minstrel gear on my Mesmer. So, is Minstrel Chrono still a thing? Otherwise it will be a waste of a good set of Minstrel gear...

Harrier is the way to go now and a better choice IMO. Also; they nerfed Signet of Inspiration and now it's become useless since it doesn't allow you to share boons anymore...

Edit: Forgot to mention too since you've been away. They've also pretty much given a lot of other professions some of our uniqueness, i.e: Portal, Alacrity etc...

> @"LuRkEr.9462" said:

> Mesmer using some minstrel gear is still a thing in raids for tanking. Outside of that and maybe WvW support build it wouldn't be used.

I mostly see Wanderer's in WvW, it's better cause it has some power on it, and tankyness.

Though i suppose a full support only Minstrel would work as well. Or at least a combination of those.

Cause if you go full Minstrel in WvW, you're useless in 1v1 fights or taking camps. That's probably why people don't play full Minstrel outside of zerg.

> @"Tseison.4659" said:

> Harrier is the way to go now and a better choice IMO. Also; they nerfed Signet of Inspiration and now it's become useless since it doesn't allow you to share boons anymore...

>

> Edit: Forgot to mention too since you've been away. They've also pretty much given a lot of other professions some of our uniqueness, i.e: Portal, Alacrity etc...

They really need to stop nerfing Mesmers, it's sad what they've done to us.

I see support classes take on keep bosses in WvW, meanwhile, my Chrono has trouble taking a camp because the damage is just so pathetic.

Mirage can't dodge more than once and i won't even go what they've done to other skills and utilities.

Sad... :disappointed:

> @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > @"LuRkEr.9462" said:

> > Mesmer using some minstrel gear is still a thing in raids for tanking. Outside of that and maybe WvW support build it wouldn't be used.

>

> I mostly see Wanderer's in WvW, it's better cause it has some power on it, and tankyness.

> Though i suppose a full support only Minstrel would work as well. Or at least a combination of those.

>

> Cause if you go full Minstrel in WvW, you're useless in 1v1 fights or taking camps. That's probably why people don't play full Minstrel outside of zerg.

>

> > @"Tseison.4659" said:

> > Harrier is the way to go now and a better choice IMO. Also; they nerfed Signet of Inspiration and now it's become useless since it doesn't allow you to share boons anymore...

> >

> > Edit: Forgot to mention too since you've been away. They've also pretty much given a lot of other professions some of our uniqueness, i.e: Portal, Alacrity etc...

>

> They really need to stop nerfing Mesmers, it's sad what they've done to us.

> I see support classes take on keep bosses in WvW, meanwhile, my Chrono has trouble taking a camp because the damage is just so pathetic.

> Mirage can't dodge more than once and i won't even go what they've done to other skills and utilities.

>

> Sad... :disappointed:

Agreed. I mean when it comes to damage I run pwr chrono and seem to be shredding people fine with it. I occasionally see amateur Mesmers running core or chrono too but not really phased by them *eye roll*. However, I sometimes will see Mirages in WvW and it’s sad so after the 1 dodge and I’m assuming sigil of energy swap lol, they’re pretty much dead lol...

But aside from that, I struggle sometimes in that mode because boons are way too strong or you have overloaded professions like the kitten thief and it’s hard when most of the damage revolves around shatters....

> @"Tseison.4659" said:

> > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > @"LuRkEr.9462" said:

> > > Mesmer using some minstrel gear is still a thing in raids for tanking. Outside of that and maybe WvW support build it wouldn't be used.

> >

> > I mostly see Wanderer's in WvW, it's better cause it has some power on it, and tankyness.

> > Though i suppose a full support only Minstrel would work as well. Or at least a combination of those.

> >

> > Cause if you go full Minstrel in WvW, you're useless in 1v1 fights or taking camps. That's probably why people don't play full Minstrel outside of zerg.

> >

> > > @"Tseison.4659" said:

> > > Harrier is the way to go now and a better choice IMO. Also; they nerfed Signet of Inspiration and now it's become useless since it doesn't allow you to share boons anymore...

> > >

> > > Edit: Forgot to mention too since you've been away. They've also pretty much given a lot of other professions some of our uniqueness, i.e: Portal, Alacrity etc...

> >

> > They really need to stop nerfing Mesmers, it's sad what they've done to us.

> > I see support classes take on keep bosses in WvW, meanwhile, my Chrono has trouble taking a camp because the damage is just so pathetic.

> > Mirage can't dodge more than once and i won't even go what they've done to other skills and utilities.

> >

> > Sad... :disappointed:

>

> Agreed. I mean when it comes to damage I run pwr chrono and seem to be shredding people fine with it. I occasionally see amateur Mesmers running core or chrono too but not really phased by them *eye roll*. However, I sometimes will see Mirages in WvW and it’s sad so after the 1 dodge and I’m assuming sigil of energy swap lol, they’re pretty much dead lol...

>

> But aside from that, I struggle sometimes in that mode because boons are way too strong or you have overloaded professions like the kitten thief and it’s hard when most of the damage revolves around shatters....

Yeah, i often see people complain that Mirage was "immune to CC".

Yeah, that's the bloody point?!? Adjust your strategy, not cry for nerfs because you can't beat it.

And to be fair, even with 1 dodge, i could 1v1 just fine, except, in contrast to other classes that can just spam 2 skills, i had to play Rachmaninoff on my keyboard to down someone. This was true even before the nerf but not as obvious.

I hate that it's fine for other classes to be good at everything, but as soon as Mesmers are good at something, people cry for nerfs.

And i hate that Anet listens to whiners.

> @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > @"Tseison.4659" said:

> > > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > > @"LuRkEr.9462" said:

> > > > Mesmer using some minstrel gear is still a thing in raids for tanking. Outside of that and maybe WvW support build it wouldn't be used.

> > >

> > > I mostly see Wanderer's in WvW, it's better cause it has some power on it, and tankyness.

> > > Though i suppose a full support only Minstrel would work as well. Or at least a combination of those.

> > >

> > > Cause if you go full Minstrel in WvW, you're useless in 1v1 fights or taking camps. That's probably why people don't play full Minstrel outside of zerg.

> > >

> > > > @"Tseison.4659" said:

> > > > Harrier is the way to go now and a better choice IMO. Also; they nerfed Signet of Inspiration and now it's become useless since it doesn't allow you to share boons anymore...

> > > >

> > > > Edit: Forgot to mention too since you've been away. They've also pretty much given a lot of other professions some of our uniqueness, i.e: Portal, Alacrity etc...

> > >

> > > They really need to stop nerfing Mesmers, it's sad what they've done to us.

> > > I see support classes take on keep bosses in WvW, meanwhile, my Chrono has trouble taking a camp because the damage is just so pathetic.

> > > Mirage can't dodge more than once and i won't even go what they've done to other skills and utilities.

> > >

> > > Sad... :disappointed:

> >

> > Agreed. I mean when it comes to damage I run pwr chrono and seem to be shredding people fine with it. I occasionally see amateur Mesmers running core or chrono too but not really phased by them *eye roll*. However, I sometimes will see Mirages in WvW and it’s sad so after the 1 dodge and I’m assuming sigil of energy swap lol, they’re pretty much dead lol...

> >

> > But aside from that, I struggle sometimes in that mode because boons are way too strong or you have overloaded professions like the kitten thief and it’s hard when most of the damage revolves around shatters....

>

> Yeah, i often see people complain that Mirage was "immune to CC".

> Yeah, that's the bloody point?!? Adjust your strategy, not cry for nerfs because you can't beat it.

>

> And to be fair, even with 1 dodge, i could 1v1 just fine, except, in contrast to other classes that can just spam 2 skills, i had to play Rachmaninoff on my keyboard to down someone. This was true even before the nerf but not as obvious.

>

> I hate that it's fine for other classes to be good at everything, but as soon as Mesmers are good at something, people cry for nerfs.

> And i hate that Anet listens to whiners.

Right! I think that's what I love about the Mirage spec because it gives this sense of "phasing" through all forms of attacks, cc and conditions which is balanced because if you take a look at classes like the stupid thieves, they can go full zerker and have more condition cleanses and escapes than us. Regardless of their "role", if Mirage is supposed to be "inspired" by the thieves, we should be given more access to vigor or have our endurance regeneration increased. Well everyone plays differently but I know two Mesmers I roamed with a while back were using the Mirage to "get used to" the 1 dodge and it was too difficult because if the enemy isn't unloading everything in the first couple seconds of the encounter, they'll just do it again in the next and our dodge will still be on CD so *shrugs*.

> @"Tseison.4659" said:

> > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > @"Tseison.4659" said:

> > > > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > > > @"LuRkEr.9462" said:

> > > > > Mesmer using some minstrel gear is still a thing in raids for tanking. Outside of that and maybe WvW support build it wouldn't be used.

> > > >

> > > > I mostly see Wanderer's in WvW, it's better cause it has some power on it, and tankyness.

> > > > Though i suppose a full support only Minstrel would work as well. Or at least a combination of those.

> > > >

> > > > Cause if you go full Minstrel in WvW, you're useless in 1v1 fights or taking camps. That's probably why people don't play full Minstrel outside of zerg.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Tseison.4659" said:

> > > > > Harrier is the way to go now and a better choice IMO. Also; they nerfed Signet of Inspiration and now it's become useless since it doesn't allow you to share boons anymore...

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit: Forgot to mention too since you've been away. They've also pretty much given a lot of other professions some of our uniqueness, i.e: Portal, Alacrity etc...

> > > >

> > > > They really need to stop nerfing Mesmers, it's sad what they've done to us.

> > > > I see support classes take on keep bosses in WvW, meanwhile, my Chrono has trouble taking a camp because the damage is just so pathetic.

> > > > Mirage can't dodge more than once and i won't even go what they've done to other skills and utilities.

> > > >

> > > > Sad... :disappointed:

> > >

> > > Agreed. I mean when it comes to damage I run pwr chrono and seem to be shredding people fine with it. I occasionally see amateur Mesmers running core or chrono too but not really phased by them *eye roll*. However, I sometimes will see Mirages in WvW and it’s sad so after the 1 dodge and I’m assuming sigil of energy swap lol, they’re pretty much dead lol...

> > >

> > > But aside from that, I struggle sometimes in that mode because boons are way too strong or you have overloaded professions like the kitten thief and it’s hard when most of the damage revolves around shatters....

> >

> > Yeah, i often see people complain that Mirage was "immune to CC".

> > Yeah, that's the bloody point?!? Adjust your strategy, not cry for nerfs because you can't beat it.

> >

> > And to be fair, even with 1 dodge, i could 1v1 just fine, except, in contrast to other classes that can just spam 2 skills, i had to play Rachmaninoff on my keyboard to down someone. This was true even before the nerf but not as obvious.

> >

> > I hate that it's fine for other classes to be good at everything, but as soon as Mesmers are good at something, people cry for nerfs.

> > And i hate that Anet listens to whiners.

>

> Right! I think that's what I love about the Mirage spec because it gives this sense of "phasing" through all forms of attacks, cc and conditions which is balanced because if you take a look at classes like the stupid thieves, they can go full zerker and have more condition cleanses and escapes than us. Regardless of their "role", if Mirage is supposed to be "inspired" by the thieves, we should be given more access to vigor or have our endurance regeneration increased. Well everyone plays differently but I know two Mesmers I roamed with a while back were using the Mirage to "get used to" the 1 dodge and it was too difficult because if the enemy isn't unloading everything in the first couple seconds of the encounter, they'll just do it again in the next and our dodge will still be on CD so *shrugs*.

Agreed! They should have never messed with a core gameplay mechanic like they did. The whole game is balanced around having access to 2 instant evades. All that AOE spam and burst other classes have and do and STILL have 2 dodges is impossible to avoid with just 1 dodge. Instead of that, Mirage now has to slot utility skills to compensate and lose a huge chunk of either damage or other utility just to get what other *more powerful* classes have by default.

It's shameful what they did, that's for sure. I won't go more in depth on this as i've made an entire post about this in the Mesmer forum but suffice it to say, this was uncalled for, just because people whine about Mesmers constantly instead of actually learning to deal with them.

The thing is - Mesmer can't be dealt with like other classes can. You need to adjust your strategy a bit, i do that too when fighting other Mesmers. I mean that's true for all classes, but since Mesmers have clones and you can't tell who the real one is immediately, all of a sudden people need Anet to nerf us just because that's somehow too powerful. Mesmers were never too powerful, they were just good at one particular thing that people never learned how to deal with.

And now we suck because Anet caved.

I love the game, and i love Anet for making it and their dedication to it, but what they're doing ot Mesmers is inexcusable.