Running the game on new M1 Macbook

Hyllus.5632

> @"Hyllus.5632" said:

> Is it anyone using the new MacBooks with the M1 chip to play the game? Just curious if the game runs well or if it is running at all on the M1 chip?

There was a test-video posted some days ago, maybe this helps:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/112601/upcoming-transition-apple-from-intel-to-apple-silicon-and-big-sur#latest

> @"Schimmi.6872" said:

> > @"Hyllus.5632" said:

> > Is it anyone using the new MacBooks with the M1 chip to play the game? Just curious if the game runs well or if it is running at all on the M1 chip?

>

> There was a test-video posted some days ago, maybe this helps:

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/112601/upcoming-transition-apple-from-intel-to-apple-silicon-and-big-sur#latest

That was good. Exactly what I need to see. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a m1 macbook air. The performance is quite impressive. FPS avg 20 - 40, dip to 10 in huge zergs.

One may think it can only run GW2 alone, but no. in the background i still can run tons of safari tabs, picture in picture video running, xcode running, still compiling code fast, switching is buttery smooth.

cons, it drains battery fast, and heats up.

> @"Qida.5648" said:

> I just bought a m1 macbook air. The performance is quite impressive. FPS avg 20 - 40, dip to 10 in huge zergs.

>

> One may think it can only run GW2 alone, but no. in the background i still can run tons of safari tabs, picture in picture video running, xcode running, still compiling code fast, switching is buttery smooth.

>

> cons, it drains battery fast, and heats up.

Can you provide your GW2 graphic settings? Thanks