Stat changing legendary precursor removes precursor status

As with other ascended items, it is possible to stat change the ascended precursor of a legendary in the mystic forge.

However, doing this with a precursor means that you no longer have a precursor. You simply have the normal ascended version with updated statistics.

Could legendary precursors be prevented from having the restat method applied, so they cannot be converted into non-precursors?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> So the warning that the item will be destroyed and a new created is not enough?

It's different for precursors though. Yes, a new item is created, but it is not a new item _that is also a precursor but with different stats_.

When you stick an ascended in the mystic forge, you're not going to get an exotic (downgrade) back. A scepter being restatted still gives you an ascended scepter. So no, the warning that the item will be destroyed and a new one created is not specific enough. If I restat something, obviously I know that I will get a different one back. What I did not realise is that the new one wasn't going to be a precursor.

Why not just remove the ability to restat precursors? Or do a different recipe that retains the precursor nature of the item?

> @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > So the warning that the item will be destroyed and a new created is not enough?

>

> It's different for precursors though. Yes, a new item is created, but it is not a new item _that is also a precursor but with different stats_.

>

> When you stick an ascended in the mystic forge, you're not going to get an exotic (downgrade) back. A scepter being restatted still gives you an ascended scepter. So no, the warning that the item will be destroyed and a new one created is not specific enough. If I restat something, obviously I know that I will get a different one back. What I did not realise is that the new one wasn't going to be a precursor.

>

> Why not just remove the ability to restat precursors? Or do a different recipe that retains the precursor nature of the item?

I agree that making precurors unavailiable in the mystic forge is a good quality of life but cant agree that the pop up saying your item will be destroyed and replaced with a new item.

Somehow can make you think you will get your precursor back with different stats.

If it said **it will make your item stat selectable** you would have a case.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Through the kindness of the CS Team.

Preventing the problem in the first place removes the need to contact the CS team.

Preventing the stat change recipe working with any precursors is a permanent fix. Which is what I suggested in my second comment in this thread. The recipe for turning a precursor into the final legendary is completely different to the recipe for changing stats. One possible method would be to prevent a stat change ingredient being used in combination with a precursor in the mystic forge.

Preventing the stat change on a precursor bears no relationship with tossing exotics into the mystic forge and hoping for a precursor as a result. That is an _output_ of the mystic forge process. Restatting a precursor uses the precursor as an _input_.