Are blood rubies no longer per character?

Title.

It happened the second time now. I didn't write a thread the first time because i thought it was a bug or something.

But now i'm wondering...

I mine the nodes with one character, then i log into another character and first few nodes are ok, then every other node after that appears already mined...

Whta's happening? Is it supposed to be that way? Is there some kind of a daily limit?

EDIT: Are guild hall synthesizers the same? Cause i can only gather them once per day. If i switch guilds on that character, the other guilds synthesizers are already gathered. I haven't tried switching characters though...

Its an account lock on anmunt of nodes that exceed what 1 character can mine, hence why you can mine some on a second character.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodstone_Crystals

+ An account is able to harvest 35 nodes each day, with each character being able to contribute a maximum of 28 to that limit

Edit

Yes and no you can gather from multiple guild syntesizers if you have different upgrade tiers on them.

So if you had 1 guild with base output, another with tier 1 a third with tier 2, a fourth with tier 3 and your fifth with tier 4.

You could then gather from them all since they are different nodes.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gathering#Synthesizers

>Upgrade

>Plant, Cloth & Leather : Ore & Lumber

>base output 1: 2

>Synthesis Output 1 1: 4

>Synthesis Output 2 2: 6

>Synthesis Output 3 2: 8

>Synthesis Output 4 3 : 10

Edit 2

Found a better statement on what I tried to say on the wiki link from before.

+ Gathering resources from a guild hall have separate daily limits for each stage of their upgrade progress. When a node has been gathered in a guild hall, that node will be consumed for all guilds at the same upgrade progress for that node, but not for guild halls in which that node is at a different upgrade stage.

Ah, thank you both! Makes sense now. Cause i've been reading in some threads how blood rubies and all that currency is "per character" and that people use 5 characters to gather stuff quickly. Guess they nerfed that to make the process a bit harder, so that ascended trinkets aren't a joke...

Cheers! :smile:

> @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> Title.

>

> It happened the second time now. I didn't write a thread the first time because i thought it was a bug or something.

> But now i'm wondering...

>

> I mine the nodes with one character, then i log into another character and first few nodes are ok, then every other node after that appears already mined...

>

> Whta's happening? Is it supposed to be that way? Is there some kind of a daily limit?

>

> EDIT: Are guild hall synthesizers the same? Cause i can only gather them once per day. If i switch guilds on that character, the other guilds synthesizers are already gathered. I haven't tried switching characters though...

Rich mining veins can be gathered 10 times as opposed to 3 and have a higher chance to give rare gems. Rich and T6 nodes respawn in about 22 hours after gathering; T1-T5 nodes respawn in about 1 hour.

You can gather from each of the guild halls as long as they have different synthesizers lvl. Example: Gilded Hollow synthesis output 2

Windswept Haven synthesis output 3

Lost Precipice synthesis output 4

This gives us 24 each of lumber and ore, and 7 each of plant, leather, and cloth harvests per day

"An account is able to harvest 35 nodes each day, with each character being able to contribute a maximum of 28 to that limit.

The nodes are also separated in 3 groups. One group in the floating island area, one on the ground, and one in the underground cave. A character can deplete one of these groups without depleting the other two, but they all share the account-wide limit.

The home instance node does not contribute to meeting this limit.

Logging out and back in on one character may bypass the per-character limit of 28 nodes." https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodstone_Crystals

Nodes with a per-day harvest limit (such as Bloodstone Crystals) interact differently with extra strikes:

For Bloodstone Crystals, Petrified Stumps, and Jade Fragments, extra strikes are allowed and do not count towards the daily limit.

> Ah, thank you both! Makes sense now. Cause i've been reading in some threads how blood rubies and all that currency is "per character" and that people use 5 characters to gather stuff quickly. Guess they nerfed that to make the process a bit harder, so that ascended trinkets aren't a joke...

>

> Cheers! :smile:

The only living world nodes that has ever been character capped, rather than account capped, are the berries in Bitterfrost. Everything else has always been limited by your account.

> Ah, thank you both! Makes sense now. Cause i've been reading in some threads how blood rubies and all that currency is "per character" and that people use 5 characters to gather stuff quickly. Guess they nerfed that to make the process a bit harder, so that ascended trinkets aren't a joke...

>

> Cheers! :smile:

What they use multiple characters for is hearts. You can buy the mats from the daily heart vendors for karma. Multiple characters can do each of the hearts which allows players to buy more mats each day.

> @"Robban.1256" said:

> > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > Title.

> >

> > It happened the second time now. I didn't write a thread the first time because i thought it was a bug or something.

> > But now i'm wondering...

> >

> > I mine the nodes with one character, then i log into another character and first few nodes are ok, then every other node after that appears already mined...

> >

> > Whta's happening? Is it supposed to be that way? Is there some kind of a daily limit?

> >

> > EDIT: Are guild hall synthesizers the same? Cause i can only gather them once per day. If i switch guilds on that character, the other guilds synthesizers are already gathered. I haven't tried switching characters though...

>

> Rich mining veins can be gathered 10 times as opposed to 3 and have a higher chance to give rare gems. Rich and T6 nodes respawn in about 22 hours after gathering; T1-T5 nodes respawn in about 1 hour.

>

> You can gather from each of the guild halls as long as they have different synthesizers lvl. Example: Gilded Hollow synthesis output 2

> Windswept Haven synthesis output 3

> Lost Precipice synthesis output 4

> This gives us 24 each of lumber and ore, and 7 each of plant, leather, and cloth harvests per day

>

> "An account is able to harvest 35 nodes each day, with each character being able to contribute a maximum of 28 to that limit.

> The nodes are also separated in 3 groups. One group in the floating island area, one on the ground, and one in the underground cave. A character can deplete one of these groups without depleting the other two, but they all share the account-wide limit.

> The home instance node does not contribute to meeting this limit.

> Logging out and back in on one character may bypass the per-character limit of 28 nodes." https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodstone_Crystals

>

> Nodes with a per-day harvest limit (such as Bloodstone Crystals) interact differently with extra strikes:

> For Bloodstone Crystals, Petrified Stumps, and Jade Fragments, extra strikes are allowed and do not count towards the daily limit.

Thank you for explaining! :smile:

That's why i was able to gather from 2 guilds that one time, because the nodes were at different levels. Most of my guilds have maxed out levels of everything though so for me, that's one gather per day, and that's fine by me.

> @"Tzarakiel.7490" said:

> > Ah, thank you both! Makes sense now. Cause i've been reading in some threads how blood rubies and all that currency is "per character" and that people use 5 characters to gather stuff quickly. Guess they nerfed that to make the process a bit harder, so that ascended trinkets aren't a joke...

> >

> > Cheers! :smile:

>

> The only living world nodes that has ever been character capped, rather than account capped, are the berries in Bitterfrost. Everything else has always been limited by your account.

Ah, then i understood that wrong. I thought all the LW3 nodes are uncapped, not just Winterberries. That's good for me though, i'd rather spend less time gathering and more time playing haha, so having 2 characters to gather blood rubies is enough. I mean, i already have all the ascended blood ruby stuff on one character, this is just extra that i'm gathering now and i'm in no hurry. I might park another character in Bitterfrost for Winterberries though. Thanks for explaining!

> @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > Ah, thank you both! Makes sense now. Cause i've been reading in some threads how blood rubies and all that currency is "per character" and that people use 5 characters to gather stuff quickly. Guess they nerfed that to make the process a bit harder, so that ascended trinkets aren't a joke...

> >

> > Cheers! :smile:

>

> What they use multiple characters for is hearts. You can buy the mats from the daily heart vendors for karma. Multiple characters can do each of the hearts which allows players to buy more mats each day.

Yeah, i forgot about hearts. I mean, i do them when i'm there, well, most of them, and buy some hearts and unbound tools (except for harvesting tools, those are bugged and don't work). But yeah, i might park 1 more character in Bitterfrost to gather winterberries and do hearts then. Thanks!